Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LIVE VIDEO AND INSTANT CHAT FOR SOLIHULL AWAY MATCH!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LIVE VIDEO AND INSTANT CHAT FOR SOLIHULL AWAY MATCH!  (Read 9247 times)

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: LIVE VIDEO AND INSTANT CHAT FOR SOLIHULL AWAY MATCH!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 03:32:12 PM »

More importantly, do you have permission from Solihull FC?

I would be amazed if any club would allow an away team to stream a game live they are expecting spectators to pay for, especially if they are not offering the service themselves.

If you came to York and did that you would be removed from the ground immediately due to a breach of ground regulations.

As crap as non-league is, clubs do have rights you know!

RobertONeill

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 03:36:05 PM »

hmm ok

I guess we will have to ask Solihull Moors FC then?

Ive been making videos or recordings of the games, why does live make a difference?

Its all about being able to see your team play if you cant make it.

Everntually it would be a paid ustream with better quality,  the only other thing i could do is record the match and play it striaght after it finishes but live is better.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 03:39:06 PM »

I suppose they think it might stop people going to games and that you would basically be taking part of their income from them.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

RobertONeill

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »

I have just sent this email to Solihull Moors FC.

Hi I'm Robert from T-A-S-C.com

Altrincham FC Sponsor.

We do the Radiorobins.com commentery for the matches.

We was wondering if you would allow us to record the match so we could play it back to the supporters?

If so we will bring video camera and computer to stream the match live with commentary.

Please let us know asap.

We hope its a really good game!

Regards,

Mr Robert Lee O'Neill.
(www.t-a-s-c.com)
www.paradox-computers.com

Waiting for reply................

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 03:49:53 PM »

That's what you should have done in the first place.

If they say "yes" I'd be amazed, but you never know.

Live streaming is not the same as making a recording, but you know that surely?

bumble

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »

Sorry if this is a niave question but, what would happen should a club not want to appear on television? Or sell the rights to another bidder... I'm sure a company tried to buy the rights to the top 5 teams in the old first division

Or is this part of playing in the league?

mikeford2005

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 04:35:10 PM »

hmm ok

I guess we will have to ask Solihull Moors FC then?

Ive been making videos or recordings of the games, why does live make a difference?

Its all about being able to see your team play if you cant make it.

Everntually it would be a paid ustream with better quality,  the only other thing i could do is record the match and play it striaght after it finishes but live is better.

There's a massive difference between live streams and recordings, similarly to you needing a TV licence to watch live tv (Even streamed online) but not to watch BBC Iplayer and other On Demand services.

The way I understand it, The Conference, like all leagues, owns the rights to live broadcasts, and the home side owns the rights to recordings of their home matches. The conference have sold the rights to Premier sports, and then they choose what to show. Setanta (and so i presume Premier sports) have shown Conf North/South Playoffs, so all league rights must have been sold.

Also, i'm sure Phil can correct me on this if i'm wrong, but equipment capable of streaming will be classed as Professional equipment and therefore banned from most places without specific permission. (Football stadiums, music venues etc.)

Sorry to be so negative, but you could land TASC/FC in trouble if you sayy you're representing them.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 04:44:02 PM »

Also, i'm sure Phil can correct me on this if i'm wrong, but equipment capable of streaming will be classed as Professional equipment and therefore banned from most places without specific permission. (Football stadiums, music venues etc.)

Absolutely correct and, in addition, anyone who wants to film, take photographs etc on a professional basis must have an official accreditation from the Conference themselves which involves filling in a very long form and waiting to be accepted, as well as permission from the club who is hosting the game, and the club the person is representing.

Otherwise what's to stop Joe Bloggs from turning up at Harrogate Town, claiming to represent Alty, getting in free, filming the game then flogging a few copies to his mates to pay for his beer money?

It may even be the case that the accreditation deadline for the 2011-2012 season has passed by now seeing as we're into September.

I come across this issue all the time, there are too many people who show a total lack of respect for doing things properly and who take the mickey by thinking that they can turn up and do whatever they want.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »

Hang on, Rob, you can't just claim to be representing T-A-S-C or Radio Robins.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

alty snapper

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 05:18:26 PM »

Take it from me this is a no go and could land the club in serious trouble. Just for the sake of me doing a 'few photos' I have a lengthy license agreement which is signed before the start of each season, the I'm issued with a license number etc. Part of the agreement is the use of the images and the sale etc, all protected for the interests of the confference and blue square as sponsors, to start live broadcasting is most definitely out of the question. To do it even as a supporter would reflect badly on the club and they will probably be pushed to warn you or ban you from future games, it's a great idea and don't want to ruin it but I'm just being realistic with the knowledge I have, sorry!

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »

Hang on, Rob, you can't just claim to be representing T-A-S-C or Radio Robins.

I would have thought the TASC committee would have wanted to discuss this before it went under their banner. Radio Robins falls under their control too.

Your enthusiasm is admirable Rob and we should always encourage proactive and inventive initiatives that are for the benefit of the club and its supporters. However, we don't want the club or any individuals including yourself getting into any unnecessary trouble.

Paul

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 05:46:25 PM »

The club always needs more people with the energy and know-how to drive new and beneficial ideas forward. Robert is obviously somebody who wants to help and he's already demonstrated that with his generous sponsorship of Radio Robins and huge enthusiasm for the club on this forum. I love it when new people come forward who are prepared to devote serious time and effort to promoting the club and people like this should be welcomed with open arms and encouraged to use their skills to maximum effect. All I would say is people need to be careful not to send emails like the one above claiming to be a representative of an organisation when they're not. That's not to say you wouldn't be welcomed onto the TASC Committee with open arms because in many ways I think you're exactly the sort of person we're looking for.

Based on some of the other posts on this thread it looks as though the live stream idea is a non-starter. However, I think the way forward is to set up an online subscription service offering match highlights and interviews with players and management for a modest fee (say £5 a month?). Over the course of a season, if we had 50 subscribers, this would raise a couple of grand and provide a useful service to the club's fans. Do you think this could be done quite easily and in a secure way? (ie. without people "hacking" it and seeing the video content without paying).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:48:26 PM by Gary Powell's Disco Pants »
Come on Alty!

Narcissist

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 06:38:17 PM »

Based on some of the other posts on this thread it looks as though the live stream idea is a non-starter. However, I think the way forward is to set up an online subscription service offering match highlights and interviews with players and management for a modest fee (say £5 a month?). Over the course of a season, if we had 50 subscribers, this would raise a couple of grand and provide a useful service to the club's fans. Do you think this could be done quite easily and in a secure way? (ie. without people "hacking" it and seeing the video content without paying).

I have a mate who is a journo, and a good one at that working for sky sports. A couple of years ago he was looking for work and we considered doing this as a sideline for free. It would take a fair bit of time but ultimately doesn't need masses to break even on a monthly basis. The effort is having a secure and trusted subscription service in place. Easier now than then.

If we could set this up now I for one would happily pay 6 or 7 quid a month for the right content.

RobertONeill

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »

Thanks for the information guys!

Appreciated ;)

Should we forget about it then? ???

Just record some clips of the game while I'm there and stick em on youtube then?

I will wait for email from Solihull Moors see what they say then tackle the live issue with the appropriate authority.

This is all I can do lets just hope we can get a live stream,,,fingers crossed.

Also I will hopefully be placing the instant chat back onto the radio robins website and if we can do the live video stream that will be there also.

So eventually Radio robins will have radio, chat and video! with a paypal subscription for serious fans.

Maybe this would be like buying a ticket into the game! but not paying for the seat.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:01:40 AM by RobertONeill »

RobertONeill

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 09:57:16 PM »

Just to confirm:

Radio Robins.com is to be updated with better graphics and instant chat.

The Video will come a later date.

Regards,

Robert.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LIVE VIDEO AND INSTANT CHAT FOR SOLIHULL AWAY MATCH!