PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was I dreaming?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Was I dreaming?  (Read 15209 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Was I dreaming?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »

1) Be realistic in our expectations, particularly given squad size, budget etc
is it an unrealistic expectation for us not to f**k up a 2-0 lead everyweek?

Also considering the size of our attendance (which is double most in the league) and a higher admission prices, is it not only right we should expect one of the largest budgets in this league and be competing for play off spots?

I know, lets sack off football, and make league tables based upon entry revenue alone. Some clubs in the league may have better non matchday facilities, higher paying sponsors, ect. so we may not neccessarily have one of the largest budgets in the league.

Ok,

Thr critiscism of the team comes from an uncomfortable feeling a lot of peole have about the clubs direction. So I'll ask you

Some clubs in the league may have better non matchday facilities - why do they? What are we seriously doing to address this?,

higher paying sponsors, ect. Why? Why is a club our size and solvency not attracting higher paying sponsors or investment into the club or only had one new director in 8 years (David Burns God Rest His Soul)?

so we may not neccessarily have one of the largest budgets in the league. Why have we not got one? Is there any point in 700 of us, (more than 3 tiimes a lot of other clubs) parting with our hard earned money for no effect?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »

higher paying sponsors, ect. Why? Why is a club our size and solvency not attracting higher paying sponsors or investment into the club or only had one new director in 8 years (David Burns God Rest His Soul)?

Now, that is a far more interesting question. I suspect there is no easy answer. I wonder when it comes to large investment, how many clubs who have had that good fortune have actively sought it out and how many have just been very fortunate recipients.

Most (although apparently far from all on here) know our troubled financial past, but to steal a phrase from elsewhere, the past does not equate to the future. How much is actually done in aggressively marketing Altrincham FC to potential investors/sponsors? There is always going to be a certain element of luck when it comes to large investment, but to some extent you can create your own luck.

I've no time for blind assumptions, but reasoned questioning gets the thumbs up from me (for what that's worth......and it probably isn't much in truth).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jezza

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »

I agree with the gist of ATS' post .....everybody faint.

the start of the season has disappointed after the promise of the close season....but I have always had faith in Lee and have said all along we just need a few tweaks and a confidence boost and things will start to happen......and I think we need to make points in a less insulting more constructive manner particularly with regards to players who have been signed who may prove to actually be the final tweak to put us on a run....and also remember that players form can change for the better and that is more likely to happen IMO with encouragement although it is the case that a good kick up the arse can do wonders occasionaly...I'm hoping that recent comments have been such a kick up the kick up the arse and we can all start enjoying our football again together.

Am I mellowing in my old age or something????

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 04:28:06 PM »

Am I mellowing in my old age or something????

I shouldn't have thought so!
However, you ARE talking a lot of sense. Let's hope some on here take it on board.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

mortlakebob

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »

good post from Ballers. best on here for some time.
no reason why fans who care about the club shouldnt ask some tough questions. its not being unrealistic just honest.

ive only been able to go to 2 of the games out of 7 so i cant speak with as much authority as a lot of you but i can still make some points i think are valid.

it does concern me though when i read the tweets from the new captain and our left midfielder saying they are tired and need a holiday in first week of sep.
Suggest Nicky Clee doesnt try and play 2 cricket matches a week as well as 2 football matches in august. he is being paid to play for our club after all even if its not a huge sum. hes hardly relaxing away from the footballl is he!

it concerns me that the players dont appear to be enjoying their football under Sinnott - i know wins will help with that, but they look like they are playing with fear. you can see it.

it concerns me that we have a strike force that for over a year now just keeps on missing good chances to score at vital moments  - Reeves at least 3 times this season, Twiss in injury time at Vauxhall

and like some other fans im beginning to lose confidence with the board and the direction of travel of the club - i overheard one director at Vauxhall tell a colleague it was going to be a "long long season". loving the optimism and the leadership when fans are paying the highest admission prices in the division.

i dont think its disastrous -i still think theres a 50/50 chance of sneaking into the play offs, but i dont think it does any harm to flag a few concerns.

markecky

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 07:48:52 PM »

Careful what you wish for. 

I'd be worried about the direction of the club if we'd slashed the budget to £1500 a week and appointed a manager who had come 19th in the North West Counties last year or something.

Not happened as far as I can see and to take an overheard comment from a disappointed director as an indicator for the boards plan for the season is poor form.  And who says players aren't enjoying their football "under Sinnott"?   And should we ship out Reeves?

All ifs and buts but if some of the sloppy defending and lapses of concentration had been cutout we'd be in a very strong league position and this wouldn't be being discussed.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 08:01:35 PM »

Having spoken to some of the players they are the complete opposite...

Infact Nicky Clee said to me and trucker the other week that it is so nice to have a manager who instead of going off his head asseses the situation and does what he thinks is right.

Anyone calling for a new managers head this early on is a moron. FACT

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 09:44:49 PM »

Incidentally I believe that Nicky Clee has not played any cricket since the beginning of pre season training never mind during the season

RocketDan

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 09:46:21 PM »

Has anyone ACTUALLY called for a new manager?

York Alty

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 12:19:28 AM »

Has anyone ACTUALLY called for a new manager?
if they have they need their tiny brains examining.

daleyjock

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 12:22:38 PM »

as far as i can see ballers a lot of people are thinking the same thing in that theres no point me going as im not giving us any advantage becuase it doesnt strenthen our budget as we have the same as vauxhall for example with 500- per game. very irratating. soon we will be down to 500 with this attitude i fear

markecky

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 12:24:47 PM »

as far as i can see ballers a lot of people are thinking the same thing in that theres no point me going as im not giving us any advantage becuase it doesnt strenthen our budget as we have the same as vauxhall for example with 500- per game. very irratating. soon we will be down to 500 with this attitude i fear

I've read this three times and still don't get it.  What's the same as Vauxhall?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 12:27:27 PM »

I've read this three times and still don't get it.  What's the same as Vauxhall?
500 equals 500 i think... but thats also the same everywhere... i think

daleyjock

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »

budget

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 12:53:58 PM »

What's the same as Vauxhall?

Opel.

As usual the rest of Europe have to be different.     :)
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was I dreaming?