PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 radio robins phone in
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: radio robins phone in  (Read 8167 times)

bumble

Re: radio robins phone in
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 07:36:21 PM »

How much does club call make these days? is it still a money spinner?

I imagine when it started it was a big money maker but in the information age i imagine that ammount has gone downhill...

Would a sponsored podcast make more money?

I bloody love this idea.

am i repeating myself now?

+1 many people use the site, twitter Ect... Now -  I think it's something we should seriously look at

Altyant

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 08:45:14 PM »

Certainly like the idea of the podcasts

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 11:40:03 PM »

Alty win and the calls will be the manager's brilliant, we have top class players and we are going to piss this tinpot league.
Alty lose and it will be sack the manager, the players aren't showing enough heart, we need to show ambition, we are going to get relegated, the referee was rubbish and I am not coming again to watch this rubbish. The 606 phone-in has become very tedious.
They really should be beating teams like us

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 10:46:08 AM »

How much does club call make these days? is it still a money spinner?

I'm sure Flynny will explain next time he's on here but from what I know it does still make money. You'd be surprised that not everyone uses the internet and does ring it up although I think he was looking at ending it/integrating it with RR, or this may have been linked in with North Cheshire Radio giving us more exposure. No ides what is happening with NCR.

RobertONeill

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »

Yes the radio should not try and ever go off.  atleast try play music or recording from the commentery of last game on loop.

it should start if it does at say 2-45pm get people ready for the game.

regards
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:08:59 PM by RobertONeill »

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 06:53:37 PM »

Yes the radio should not try and ever go off.  atleast try play music or recording from the commentery of last game on loop.

it should start if it does at say 2-45pm get people ready for the game.

regards

Its not quite that simple. The audio stream has to be broadcast from a computer which means leaving it on if a continuous broadcast was to be run. When Radio Robins was initially discussed it was decided a dedicated computer performing such a task was not required as broadcasts would be made on a match to match basis with occasional additional content where relevant.  This is done from the commentators laptop. Also, there is a monthly data limit that we have to adhere to so running broadcasts for hours on end would soon exceed that and in turn it would cost us more money. We have recorded commentaries and re-run them in the past but not on the current paid for service.

Paul
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:02:25 PM by PaulClementsLaments »

RobertONeill

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 09:23:54 PM »

Yes I will send the stream from a server the loop of the commentary of previous match.

This would meen recording the commentary on another PC live then saving as smallest file type i.e.  MP3 or OGG.

Then I could stream the MP3 on loop until the next Match.

We could also have a special "Saturday Afternoon Phone in" after the match where you can hear the callers responses to the game ;D

It would be nice to hear fellow supporters on RR.

No Problem.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:29:38 PM by RobertONeill »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 09:34:17 PM »

Just my opinion, but I really don't think the live phone in idea will be very successful as I just can't see that many people phoning in.

Our efforts would be far better invested in producing a regular podcast.
Come on Alty!

VofD

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 10:58:17 PM »

Yes I will send the stream from a server the loop of the commentary of previous match.

This would meen recording the commentary on another PC live then saving as smallest file type i.e.  MP3 or OGG.

Then I could stream the MP3 on loop until the next Match.

We could also have a special "Saturday Afternoon Phone in" after the match where you can hear the callers responses to the game ;D

It would be nice to hear fellow supporters on RR.

No Problem.

Whilst you are at it, do you think you could solve the world's economic problems? FFS ::) ::) ::)

Kind regards

Vof D

Bath Alty

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 12:29:11 AM »

Can you imagine a phone in where the shambles on here actually gets spoken out loud.  I don't think anyone would still be listening after about 10 minutes!

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »

Can you imagine a phone in where the shambles on here actually gets spoken out loud.  I don't think anyone would still be listening after about 10 minutes!

:D :D

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 12:15:01 AM »

The comments on this thread cover quite a spectrum of ideas, therefore, rather than trying to deal with them in one reply, I'll try to respond to this thread in my programme article for the Nuneaton game, which will be, subsequently, posted on the website & this thread.

Please feel free to add comments in the meantime, as I will not be compiling the article until next week.

RocketDan

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 01:51:13 PM »

Just an idea, does anyone think an aftermatch phone in would be good like they have on five live?

I could imagine a lot of fans would enjoy it

This is a great idea Jacko - Maybe you and I could host it!

We would be a great double act like Keys and Gray - making inappropriate comments about female physios.

I think this would be a great hit with all the fans who fan to hear your views!

whopper

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 06:22:26 PM »

I too think its a great idea and would spark massive interest in the club having Dan and jacko debate what sinnot should wear LOL

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 10:27:21 PM »

I too think its a great idea and would spark massive interest in the club having Dan and jacko debate what sinnot should wear LOL

Which raises a very interesting (and totally irrelevant) point.

I noticed in the match programme on Saturday that the club are seeking the usual shirt sponsors for all the playing squad.

For the princely sum of £150 at the end of the season you receive a signed shirt, either home or away of the person sponsored.

However, given Mr Sinnott's sartorial elegance of always wearing a suit this raises and interesting point of order ?  ???

Does the person sponsoring the manager get his suit at the end of the season ?

If it's only his shirt, does he wear the same white shirt to home and away matches ?

I think we all need to know ?  ::)   ::)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 radio robins phone in