Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 sinnot, a new style of cup management for alty?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: sinnot, a new style of cup management for alty?  (Read 4252 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: sinnot, a new style of cup management for alty?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 08:28:33 PM »

I think being relegated and made to start two rounds earlier will be a big help for us actually. Beat Witton (which, lets face it, will be a major surprise if we don't) then hopefully another home tie and then 4QR we could get anyone. We'll already make 4.5k more than we normally do from the Cup with one win and rather than a struggling team getting a break from the league and feeling under pressure to win, hopefully we'll be a team looking up and full of confidence going into the Cup ties this year. I remember a classic Cup run back in the days when we always had to go in from the 1st/2nd QR to reach the competition proper, it would start with sides 2/3 leagues lower and gradually build up to the tougher games as the 1st round honed into view (90/91 and 92/93 were both like this).

York Alty

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 10:56:39 PM »

so much of a clubs success / failure in the cup is based on luck at our level.

home draw or away draw?  team above you or lower down the pyramid?

no control over these these at all, so luck IS needed.

Having said that, once you know who you're playing and where it should be scouting, assessing, planning, picking the right team and tactics, and recently we just have not done that adequately.

Albion at home is a winnable game, and with luck may be the start of c cup run, but that depends who you pull out the hat in a totally random draw.

What I'm saying is it wasn't all GHs fault.

whopper

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 10:40:08 AM »

One thing I will say is under heathcoate there was a certain inevitability when we failed in the cup due to his style of play and type of players, it was suited to keeping us in the league and not giant killing which is fair enough, sinnot does not have this problem of looking down he can look up the table
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:41:49 AM by sewer robin »

RocketDan

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »

One thing I will say is under heathcoate there was a certain inevitability when we failed in the cup due to his style of play and type of players, it was suited to keeping us in the league and not giant killing which is fair enough, sinnot does not have this problem of looking down he can look up the table

Really, i thought we could have won the Millwall game if Chris Lane hadn't been very unlucky to be sent of for handball.

That should have been our biggest giant kill in recent years.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 11:49:04 AM »

That should have been our only giant kill in recent years.

Corrected for you.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 sinnot, a new style of cup management for alty?