News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "Sinnott accepts responsibility for robins disappointment "

Author Topic: "Sinnott accepts responsibility for robins disappointment "  (Read 6216 times)

bumble

« on: October 05, 2011, 04:01:34 PM »

Back of this weeks advertiser

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: "Sinnott accepts responsibility for robins disappointment "
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 04:16:03 PM »

It's MY fault I'm disappointed - I care!  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »

It doesn't make Saturday's debacle any easier to swallow, but it's refreshing that Sinnott at least has the humility to hold his hands up when he gets things wrong.

Let's hope they give us a big performance on Saturday!
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 05:26:08 PM »

Good management.....players owe him one in my book.

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 06:14:56 PM »

Come on Alty

mikealty

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 06:40:09 PM »

It's nice to know he's took the blame, but I'd rather just have a hard working win on Saturday to be honest.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »

I've said before I admire his honesty, nothing worse than a manager telling you he thoughts the lads did well and were a little unlicky when you know what you have just seen was terrible.

No-one would have picked a different team on Saturday so its not as he has done something daft like playing 2 kids up front or something.

For me "off the boil" sums it up very well.

Onwards to Saturday now and getting the league position looking brighter.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 01:54:55 PM »

I think our problem is pretty clear.....our collective average performance is only just good enough....our collective above par performance is good enough to wallop everyone.....our collective below par performance is sh1te.

In the old days if Barry howard had an off day, the 'cote would play a blinder, if Rogers missed several sitters then Whitbread would score a hat trick.......and if that collective team all had a below par day then we'd still be in with a shout but we were vulnerable to losing at home to ap leamington........

nowadyas if one or two players of our better players have an off day or the opposition mark them out of the game then there is no-one to take over the responsibility.

hence colwyn bay 1 alty 6.....alty 0 witton 2.....is that the manager's fault or the players? coz we have what we have.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 03:35:40 PM »

Last Saturday afternoon against Witton Albion, in an uncanny parallel of my own CD collection, there was no sign whatsoever of any Plan B.....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

anglo alty

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »

he needs a reaction off his team saturday otherwise where does he go from here, personally i think he will get one, after the dissapointment of solihul we stuck 6 past colwyn bay. the players however have to take some responsibilty themselves it is not right to blame manages for poor performances all the time e win as a team and lose as a team

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 08:29:56 PM »

I accept what Lee Sinnott says, but once the players are on the pitch it is down to them to carry out any instructions. In my view the players must also take some of the blame but I do appreciate what Lee has said, and am not surprised by his honesty.

For me it will be forgotton if we win on Saturday, even if it is 1-0. I am more than prepared to put a line under last week and move on. More than anything else I am sorry my club has not been able to tap into the FA money spinner which has now evaded us of the last couple of years. This makes the job of the guys who run the club a lot harder for what is no doubt very difficult trying to balance the books and stay within budget. Still theres always the FA Trophy.

Lets talk it through on Saturday, and hopefully the team will help Lee to make things easier for him come Boston at the weekend. Thanks for your concern Lee, and your keen-ness for you and the players to put things right again.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »

he needs a reaction off his team saturday otherwise where does he go from here, personally i think he will get one, after the dissapointment of solihul we stuck 6 past colwyn bay. the players however have to take some responsibilty themselves it is not right to blame manages for poor performances all the time e win as a team and lose as a team

Get out of jail free card just received

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 09:25:01 PM »

I owe the supporters from the players and management!

Debt paid in full and then some more!!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team