PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 `Tin Pot League`
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: `Tin Pot League`  (Read 7331 times)

62vintage

`Tin Pot League`
« on: November 13, 2011, 09:23:31 PM »

Even before the season started some on here stated that we would `piss this tin pot league.` Lately some have blamed  Twiss for almost everything. This weekend it is Williams and the defence that are a waste of space, and our tactics for away games.
Certainly our performances are not consistent enough for us to be challenging the top teams, but hopefully the manager can change this.
I can`t see some of our `tin pot` fans changing though.

RocketDan

Re: `Tin Pot League`
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 09:40:08 PM »

Certainly our performances are not consistent enough for us to be challenging the top teams, but hopefully the manager can change this.

I performances are very consistent.

excellent at home, shocking away.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 10:08:08 PM »

Even before the season started some on here stated that we would `piss this tin pot league.` Lately some have blamed  Twiss for almost everything. This weekend it is Williams and the defence that are a waste of space, and our tactics for away games.

So are you saying that Williams is good enough?  - I was one of the ones on here who didnt want him back on loan if you read my posts..

He wasnt good last season and he sure as hell isnt this.

62vintage

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 10:18:19 PM »

So are you saying that Williams is good enough?  - I was one of the ones on here who didnt want him back on loan if you read my posts..

My post does not say that I think Williams is good enough, I was pointing out that he seems to have taken over from Twiss as team scapegoat.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »

The whole back four lacks pace - we also need someone with more passion & (aggression (without the need to commit fouls))

markecky

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 10:25:54 PM »

I think this notion that people said we'd piss this tinpot league is actually an urban myth. I don't know any of my Alty pals who said it and I know I never thought it.

Robbie Williams is the worst of a bad bunch for me, he certainly isn't the only reason we struggle away.  I have never seen any player give it away so much and put us on the back foot.

We're still three points off the playoffs, all is not lost but we need some surgery.

The gaffer knows it though so its up to him to take decisive action.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »

We are going to piss this tin pot league thats a fact
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:44:21 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 10:48:37 PM »

My post does not say that I think Williams is good enough, I was pointing out that he seems to have taken over from Twiss as team scapegoat.

Actually Williams didn't take over from twiss

Twiss -> Joseph (closely followed by baynes and hewson) -> jones and now williams

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 10:52:53 PM »

Just for the record I never doubted Wesley.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 12:51:49 AM »

Actually Williams didn't take over from twiss

Twiss -> Joseph (closely followed by baynes and hewson) -> jones and now williams

Pure bull. Twiss is still blamed. Look at oneedham and his posts. The guy may be a clueless fool but he isn't the only one that is blaming twiss. Look at the Redshaw should start instead posts.

I think that what you are stating just shows how we are singling out the weak links in the team which are, more than not, correct. If you are attempting to tell me that Hewson/Baynes/Joseph/Jones were any good then you are more of a lunatic than I thought.

Toppers

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 06:08:19 AM »

You can't just blame one man, the team look like 11 strangers who have never met when we play away

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 07:32:52 AM »

I think some people have referred to this league as tinpot (which does us no favours) but can't really recall anyone saying that we'd piss it, unless Tongue in cheek...

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 08:10:13 AM »

I think many of us do see this league as tinpot......but I can't remember anyone saying we would pi$$ it.....I remember quite a few people saying we should pi$$ it and even more saying there is no reason why we shouldn't piss it.....

You can see how the confusion arose but I hope I've cleared it up...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 04:14:39 PM »

It is a tin pot league, it's crap, in oh so many ways. However, not many have ever said that it isn't a tough league to get out of. Think you have to realise that most Alty fans remember our last 40 days and 40 nights here so it's irritating when people say that we said we'd piss it. We're not going to, we never were, although we're in a position to make a better fist of it than we are.

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 07:56:11 PM »

The truth is at the moment we are a tinpot team in a tinpot league.

But give it time. Remember Sinnott said it is a two year plan if I recall, although I may be recalling it incorrectly, as my age gets the better of me.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 `Tin Pot League`