PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 `Tin Pot League`
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: `Tin Pot League`  (Read 7326 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: `Tin Pot League`
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 08:20:31 AM »

I must plead guilty to writing 'we'll piss this tin pot league', but only because it seemed such a ludicrous phrase that I didn't think anyone would believe me, plus I always but a smiley after it to reinforce the point.
I think the problem, as ever, is one of expectation. We  clearly should be beating most of the teams in this league, even at Stalybridge I don't think we were outplayed, but defensive mistakes have been the difference. Stu has been relatively untroubled this season, he hasn't had much to do apart from picking the ball out  of the net!
I still believe we will make the playoffs, but to succeed in them, and to survive in the BSP ( if and when we get there), we need a completely revamped defence.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 05:22:11 PM »

We'll also need a bit of heart and bottle.

RocketDan

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 05:32:21 PM »

we average the one of the highest attendances in this league at one of the highest admission prices in the league.

Judging by the sheer number of applications for the managers job in the summer, we are still one of the biggest part-time teams in the country.

Is it not only right for us to expect to 'piss this tinpot league' ?

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 06:25:38 PM »

we average the one of the highest attendances in this league at one of the highest admission prices in the league.

Judging by the sheer number of applications for the managers job in the summer, we are still one of the biggest part-time teams in the country.

Is it not only right for us to expect to 'piss this tinpot league' ?
Simply NO it isnt right.

To win any league you are in you have to be the best over the season. We are not the best, at least not at the moment.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 10:29:26 PM »

No it isn't right......to p*ss any league you have to be streets ahead of most teams and be just a bit better than the other 3 best teams.....say like Crawley last season

However I think the point Rocket Dan is making when referring to admission prices and attendances, is that he expects us to be more 'competitive' than we actually appear to be, based on what we have seen so far.......I don't think too many would disagree with that, especially those spending large amounts of money every second weekend to see us on the road
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:31:07 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 `Tin Pot League`