PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lawton leaves
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Lawton leaves  (Read 20430 times)

bumble

Lawton leaves
« on: November 21, 2011, 08:56:11 PM »

"An Altrincham era has come to an end, with the announcement that long-serving skipper Robbie Lawton has left Moss Lane and is looking for another club.

Robbie, signed by former manager Graham Heathcote from Vauxhall Motors in June, 2006, reluctantly brought the curtain down on his illustrious Alty career after a frank discussion with current boss Lee Sinnott in the aftermath of Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat by Gloucester.

It was a decision that was not taken lightly, and, before leaving, Robbie asked for the chance to put his thoughts into words in one final Captain’s Log, the hugely-popular Robins' Review column that gives supporters an insight into the thinking, and banter, in the home dressing room at Moss Lane.

Here it is, supplied, on this final occasion, for the club’s official website, rather than the pages of the matchday programme".

bumble

Re: Lawton leaves
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:04:04 PM »

Well worth reading the article by Robbie on the site

I'm sorry to see him go.... Got a lot of respect for Robbie and I won't forget that apology at Eastbourne

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 09:06:53 PM »

As always, a very well thought out, articulate and well presented article in his final Captain's Log.

I for one am sad to see him leaving, but fully understand his reasoning behind the decision. As he says, he is not getting any younger and he wants to be playing football before taking up management.

I personally won't forget the goal and celebration against the green and white sh*te, or the one against Cambridge. And I hope to see you back at the club in the near future either as an opposing player or as a spectator. All the very best for the future Robbie.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »

Goodbye and thankyou for all your effort, heart and service robbie, a great club man, you'll always be welcome and moss lane.

bumble

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 09:09:04 PM »

Interesting that he considered applying for the job

Alex

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 09:10:37 PM »

a great article as always, and a player who's presence both on the pitch and in the dressing room will be missed.

good luck for the rest of your career robbie

....now where is that Northwich DVD i need to see that celebration again

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 09:11:15 PM »

Very sad to see Robbie go, thank you and good luck for the future.

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »

I would have prefered to have seen six other players to leave before robbie always gave 100%, I am gutted, sinnout

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 09:16:31 PM »

Good luck Robbie wherever you end up... You wore Alty's shirt with pride and passion and will always be welcomed back with open arms..

bumble

joe

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 09:17:21 PM »

All the best for the future Robbie,always gave 100per cent.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 09:17:34 PM »

All the best Robbie,if we had all 11 starters playing with your passion we would still be in BSP.The right move for player and club,but sad to see it happen.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 09:18:26 PM »

When the chips were down last season, it was Robbie Lawton who rolled up his sleeves and rallied the troops into a mini revival. Top man and the type of character I’d love to see manage Alty one day. Cheers Robbie.

mikealty

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 09:20:34 PM »

A true legend and a real team leader. As sad as it is to see him go, I guess if he wants regular first team football he has to move to another club whether it be this level or below. I'm sure he'll be welcome at the club anytime as well! And I'd love it if he could be our next manager, he has a real passion for the club and I love to see that in players and managers. Good Luck Robbie!  :)

markecky

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 09:21:12 PM »

All the best for the future Robbie, always gave us 100%. A very honest player and a decent fella, I'm sure he'll be back in the bar soon and will be welcomed by all.

Good to see the manager not afraid to stand on ceremony and be honest with him.  

I think if people are honest they know that his input wasn't what it was even if the effort was there.

There are a few more who should follow him as well, its horrible to say but I hope he isn't the last departure this week.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lawton leaves