PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More disappointment
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: More disappointment  (Read 7039 times)

bigcol

More disappointment
« on: November 27, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »

Tell me if any of these points are wrong about Alty?  I don't whinge on this forum, but today has started me really think about the situation.

• Threadbare Squad
  • Management no idea what our best formation is
  • No co-herrent transfer and squad policy - loans, youth etc.  We just play who we can wherever
  • Management unable to get the best out of what we have

I don't get it at all.  If we have a wage budget, why is it spent on about 12 players plus youth?  Where's the sense in that?  No competition for places, no issue with loss of form, up sh*t creek when we have more than one injury/suspension.  Why isn't it spent on 18 or 24 players?  Surely a team of slightly 'lesser' players is better than the swiss cheese we have now.

If we had a plan I'd accept it as transition or whatever.  I love Alty but i'm losing the faith with Lee & Neil. 

seasonticket

Re: More disappointment
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 05:17:21 PM »

It has been obvious to everyone that the defence has been poor all season. What has our supposed saviour manager done to address the problem. Apart from letting one of the few triers go (lawton), he has only brought in strikers or midfielders recently. Has he any idea about football management.  Maybe he should stick to playing one the football manager games. If he is good enough that is.

phantom_saint

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 05:22:07 PM »

What do you suggest, that we spend the wage budget on a select few, say 5+?? Hows that sustainable!!

Wage budget???!!! Get reall!!! Altrincham have no cash, no budget etc!!  We really on fundraising and teenagers panning around the ground with buckets!! and you expect results at this level??? Come on!!

The success of the club isnt just reliant on the players, its those off the pitch also!!! The board (if there is one) needs to make the club look attractive to entice investment or finance!! However, i suppose that's another question, how do we make the club look attractive??!!!

bigcol

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »

That argument was valid in BSP but with a few exceptions we are amongst clubs with similar or not worse facilities, fan base and money.

I suggested we spend the wage budget on more players on a lesser wage.

What I don't get is there doesn't seem to be a plan.

mikeford2005

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 05:52:56 PM »

That argument was valid in BSP but with a few exceptions we are amongst clubs with similar or not worse facilities, fan base and money.

With all due respect, we may have the facilities but we need people to turn up to them. The club and tasc put a lot of effort into organising the race night last week, but it was an embarasement due to how few people turned up. There must have only been 30 people there, everyone of them the usuals who help out on a matchday. It could have been a successful fundraiser going straight to the squad, but instead only raised £600. I understand it was a depressing day football wise, but I'd argue every team in this league (many who we think we're bigger than) would have got a bigger turnout in similar a situation.

joe

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 06:00:29 PM »

With all due respect, we may have the facilities but we need people to turn up to them. The club and tasc put a lot of effort into organising the race night last week, but it was an embarasement due to how few people turned up. There must have only been 30 people there, everyone of them the usuals who help out on a matchday. It could have been a successful fundraiser going straight to the squad, but instead only raised £600. I understand it was a depressing day football wise, but I'd argue every team in this league (many who we think we're bigger than) would have got a bigger turnout in similar a situation.

Alot of people can't afford to attend fundraisers. It's hard enough getting spare cash together to watch the match itself especially with Christmas just around the corner!

Robin Reliant

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 06:04:51 PM »

Alot of people can't afford to attend fundraisers. It's hard enough getting spare cash together to watch the match itself especially with Christmas just around the corner!
[/b]

And many on the forum are Alty Exiles who can't even get to a match let alone an evening fundraiser

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 06:07:23 PM »

With all due respect, Mike, the club is continually fishing in the same pond when it comes to fundraising.

The same people are being called on time and time again and there is a limit to how much you can give, especially in this current economic climate.

I sponsored a pig last weekend but, frankly, have better things to do with my Saturday evening than watch a film of it running around a track (no Twiss jokes, please).

Meanwhile, we watch overpaid players fail to win us a single cup tie....over and over again.

The management and team had the chance to gain £4,000 for the club at Gigg Lane this afternoon.
Yet again, this opportunity was squandered.

Patience is running out.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 06:12:16 PM »

How many race nights do Hyde Guiseley and stalybridge have?? sh*thouse performances cannot be blamed on those that didn't attend a race night a month before christmas, an average gate of 750 at 13 quid a pop should make us more than a match for most in our league,and below.Maybe the 40 odd grand in "administrative costs"???  we accrued last season could have helped us build a better side this season.I love how it's always the fans fault, I bet whoever  told densmore to not bother clapping us is part of the problem aswell.......

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »

Potato head out.

and take your suit with you.

gutless.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 06:26:41 PM »

RocketDan who do you want instead or haven't you thought about that?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 06:28:27 PM »

RocketDan who do you want instead or haven't you thought about that?

I hate this argument, are you saying we should stick with Lee Sinnott because we haven't got anyone lined up? That's not a reason to stick with or get rid of a manager!

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 06:34:42 PM »

Potato head out.

and take your suit with you.

gutless.

Perhaps I am daft to think of a replacement being in the wings with comments like that.  

Comments like that are damn right rude!

markecky

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »

What should the new manager wear and how long is he allowed to get a team that wins every match?

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 06:39:09 PM »

He cant be bald and wear a suit, otherwise he is f*cked
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:17:21 PM by Knutsford Alty »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More disappointment