PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chairmans message on website
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Chairmans message on website  (Read 19505 times)

fuertes

Re: Chairmans message on website
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 08:55:59 AM »

Grahame Rowley seems a decent guy and I'm sure will go on to be a good chairman and while there's nothing especially wrong in what he says, I do think this is misjudged.

For one thing, any statement put out a few hours after the game would be bound to get people's backs up - tempers are still frayed after what we've just seen. Much better to wait a couple of days.

More importantly though, it has that tone of ' if you display anything other than blinkered support for the team, you're not a proper fan' which really pisses me off, frankly. These players need to know that what they're producing is not good enough. And so does the manager and the chairman for that matter. If we as fans let them get away with results like today's and just clapped them off then the changes that desperately need to be made at this club would be even slower to materialise than they are now.

I completely agree with this, basically.

I think it is UTTER LUNACY to call for Sinnott's head and anyone mentioning the word "passion" is a cretin. However, I don't think the chairman got the timing or tone of that statement right.

The way some people are talking you'd think we're 14 points off 5th place with 10 games to go. We need to give the manager a proper chance. Calling for his head after three months is the hallmark of an idiotic armchair fan whipped into a frenzy by Sky Sports and Talksport. I thought we were a bit better than that?

VofD

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 09:45:39 AM »

The chairman appears to me to be a patronising git following this statement. And I would urge all loyal fans to boycott the away game at Halifax and see how this load of garbage like playing in front of no support. >:( >:( >:(

fuertes

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 09:54:29 AM »

The chairman appears to me to be a patronising git following this statement. And I would urge all loyal fans to boycott the away game at Halifax and see how this load of garbage like playing in front of no support. >:( >:( >:(

Great idea. I'm sure that'll teach them a valuable lesson and thereafter we can expect Brazil-esque performances. We'll be known as the Moss Lane Samba Boys.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 10:22:43 AM »

I can see where Graham is coming from,but while i could take a 3-1 defeat at Exeter City a few years back,some of our results this season have been terrible to say the least.Our trouble as a club is we live within the budget and that is always going to cause us problems.I dont know how Pete Swales and Noel White did it in the 60/70s,but they had the magic somewhere.I am not saying we should go and blow our budget,but some of the players do need shipping out.I would build around Coburn,Clee,reeves,Twist, Densmore and Danylk the rest could go and whistle dixie.
Harold

Robin Reliant

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 10:26:21 AM »

I can see where Graham is coming from,but while i could take a 3-1 defeat at Exeter City a few years back,some of our results this season have been terrible to say the least.Our trouble as a club is we live within the budget and that is always going to cause us problems.I dont know how Pete Swales and Noel White did it in the 60/70s,but they had the magic somewhere.I am not saying we should go and blow our budget,but some of the players do need shipping out.I would build around Coburn,Clee,reeves,Twist, Densmore and Danylk the rest could go and whistle dixie.

They also put a lot of their own time and money into the club.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 10:28:58 AM »

I seem to recall that the last time there was a suggested boycott following a bad result we went to Colwyn Bay and scored 6.

I was at the match yesterday and whilst it was not the best performance of the season by a long chalk the response and chanting at the end was to my mind unwarranted and I fully understand where Shaun Densmore was coming from when he went over to remonstrate with whoever it was.

To me he'd worked his rocks off and was all over the pitch, and I'm sure the last thing you want to hear after putting in such a shift is a vocal minority chanting that you are 'not fit to wear the shirt' . The rest of the team particularly in the second half gave it their all in trying to pull it back from what was a well taken opening goal. Listening to a couple of FCUM fans on the way back to the car they reckoned the second was also slighlty fortuitous.  

Yes FCUM played the better quality football and knocked the ball round better than we did and made us work to get the ball back, but I have seen far worse peformances than what I witnessed yesterday.

Chants like 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' can only be counter productive at such a time when the team are low on confidence and form and with 2 youth players listed on the subs bench low on options on who can come in as a replacement.

I think our chairman is right in his appeal, everyone at the club from chairman down to manager staff and players are doing their level best. This time last year we were in a far worse position than we are in now (albeit in a higher division)  .

I'll be at Halifax on Saturday and when they pick up three points, like at Colwyn Bay I can say 'I was there !!'

John Crewe

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 11:24:30 AM »

I seem to recall that the last time there was a suggested boycott following a bad result we went to Colwyn Bay and scored 6.

I was at the match yesterday and whilst it was not the best performance of the season by a long chalk the response and chanting at the end was to my mind unwarranted and I fully understand where Shaun Densmore was coming from when he went over to remonstrate with whoever it was.

To me he'd worked his rocks off and was all over the pitch, and I'm sure the last thing you want to hear after putting in such a shift is a vocal minority chanting that you are 'not fit to wear the shirt' . The rest of the team particularly in the second half gave it their all in trying to pull it back from what was a well taken opening goal. Listening to a couple of FCUM fans on the way back to the car they reckoned the second was also slighlty fortuitous.  

Yes FCUM played the better quality football and knocked the ball round better than we did and made us work to get the ball back, but I have seen far worse peformances than what I witnessed yesterday.

Chants like 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' can only be counter productive at such a time when the team are low on confidence and form and with 2 youth players listed on the subs bench low on options on who can come in as a replacement.

I think our chairman is right in his appeal, everyone at the club from chairman down to manager staff and players are doing their level best. This time last year we were in a far worse position than we are in now (albeit in a higher division)  .

I'll be at Halifax on Saturday and when they pick up three points, like at Colwyn Bay I can say 'I was there !!'

head in the sand

joe

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 11:40:15 AM »

I agree with VofD. The chairman is very patronising! If supporters want to boo and chant negative chants then why not after the sh*t that keeps getting served up on the pitch! I wouldnt go as far as boycotting Halifax but i would let the team know if they serve up another inept pile of dog sh*t!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »

I have made the decision not to attend away games until changes in the defence are made,  hence my non attendance yesterday. Worcester was the final straw in my opinion.   I will however, still go to home games

John Crewe

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 11:58:17 AM »

I know that we’re all feeling miserable tonight on the back of our defeat at FC United of Manchester but it is not the time to start throwing accusations at individuals or the team as a whole. Lee, Neil and the whole team are extremely disappointed with our cup exit and it’s hard to put your finger on why we have dipped in form so much over the last six games, but we have and we’ve got to stop the rot as soon as possible and get back to winning ways.

Players don’t go onto the pitch with the intention of losing, players don’t become bad players overnight but when things aren’t going your way it doesn’t take much to bring about a lack of belief and the subsequent dip in form. That’s when the team need your help – not your criticism. I know it’s hard to support a team when they’re not doing well but that’s what support is all about - through thick and thin, through good times and bad times. Collectively we can get out of this rut and that must be our mission.

I thank you for your time and your fantastic support today – let’s get behind the team and get back to winning ways.

Grahame Rowley, Chairman

is it really hard to put your finger on it? i know over 700 people that know exactly what the problem is!!

players don't become bad overnight - agreed - but these players have never been good, and for that Lee has to take respnsibility

Thats what support is all about - thanks Mr Chairman for pointing this out to me, you patronising pillock

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 02:28:19 PM »

"I was at the match yesterday and whilst it was not the best performance of the season by a long chalk the response and chanting at the end was to my mind unwarranted and I fully understand where Shaun Densmore was coming from when he went over to remonstrate with whoever it was.

To me he'd worked his rocks off and was all over the pitch",

I agree with you.

The same could be said of Danylik and to a lesser extent Clee and Richman. They seem to be all over the place rather than having a set role that is within their physical and tactical capabiulity.

We just seem to lack organisation to me, particularly in midfield.

That either means they are being managed/coached incorrectly or that they are incapable of adhering to instructions.

We can rule out the option of the players simply not being good enough. As the chairman says they don't become bad players overnight.

Jezza

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2011, 04:15:07 PM »

I know Grahame Rowley......I also know many of you.

There is a classy way of saying things and going about things.

Calling people patronising gits and pillocks is not the way.....and i agree by the way that the statement was ill judged and badly worded and also not the way to go about things....

but i can understand what grahame is trying to say......and because of the timing already upset and angry fans have read that fans have no right to criticise.....he hasn't said that....he's said they need support not criticism.....criticise away...but in grahame's opinion support will be better....erm i think....

I think perhaps it may be an idea for grahame to reflect and announce that the amazing thing is that time and time again after appalling disappointments the fans do continue to turn up and at 3pm give the players yet another chance to respond favourably to the tremendous support.

Noel White and peter swales threw a load of money into alty and bought the best players incidentally....that's how they did it....simples.....

VofD

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2011, 05:40:11 PM »

I know Grahame Rowley......I also know many of you.

There is a classy way of saying things and going about things.

Calling people patronising gits and pillocks is not the way.....and i agree by the way that the statement was ill judged and badly worded and also not the way to go about things....

but i can understand what grahame is trying to say......and because of the timing already upset and angry fans have read that fans have no right to criticise.....he hasn't said that....he's said they need support not criticism.....criticise away...but in grahame's opinion support will be better....erm i think....

I think perhaps it may be an idea for grahame to reflect and announce that the amazing thing is that time and time again after appalling disappointments the fans do continue to turn up and at 3pm give the players yet another chance to respond favourably to the tremendous support.

Noel White and peter swales threw a load of money into alty and bought the best players incidentally....that's how they did it....simples.....

Don't be condescending. ;) ;)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2011, 08:11:10 PM »

I know a lot of people are fed up, but i believe its out of order to have a go at the chairman for making a statement like that, some chairmen wouldn't bother.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Hamilton

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2011, 08:51:28 PM »

I know a lot of people are fed up, but i believe its out of order to have a go at the chairman for making a statement like that, some chairmen wouldn't bother.

and I certainly don't beieve GR to be a (intentionally) patronising person, just honest, hard wokring, loyal and devoted. AS Toff says, at least he is trying to communicate directly to us fans.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chairmans message on website