PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC Utd, a club on the up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: FC Utd, a club on the up.  (Read 22872 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FC Utd, a club on the up.
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2011, 10:25:21 PM »

I can't believe there are still people alive who insist that Alty is in Cheshire.  I don't have to ask the Postman to know where I live.

Altrincham are members of the cheshire FA and the town has a cheshire postal code.You could always f**k off and live on some north manchester sink estate if you want to be all mancunian.

As I said.... I don't have to ask the postman to know where I live.  Seems you do....

Who do you pay your council tax to?

Do your research you thick C**t.

I bet you pretend youve got a mike sweenyesque manc accent and everything, I dont need to research anything trafford is a made up administrative area of the made up greater manchester metropolitain county.The border between lancashire and cheshire lies along the river mersey at its northern extreme.Who plays at old trafford cricket ground, greater manchester or trafford?

Butty

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2011, 10:37:38 PM »

So if you live in the disputed area of Greater Manchester/Cheshire, then why don't you support your local club?

whopper

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2011, 10:44:57 PM »

Fcum, would you by any chance class stockport as merseyside......:@

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2011, 10:51:48 PM »

FCUM mad for it...Alty station for you me duck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpXLhSFZGKw&feature=related

taxi Phil

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2011, 12:07:12 AM »

So if you live in the disputed area of Greater Manchester/Cheshire, then why don't you support your local club?
Probably for the same reason that he has to change hands at 25......

FCUM

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2011, 07:49:02 AM »

Because they have fans that openly criticise their own players on the pitch after a demoralising defeat - precisely the time you should be getting behind your team.  They also have fans who are pinning their hopes on 'being taken over by a Euromillions winner'

Also, let's say that 300-400 opinionated FC fans came to Alty protesting about somebody taking over our club only to try and do the same at Alty, how do you think that would have gone down with you lot?  The board at Leigh RMI wanted us to merge with them but FCUM declined because it would have been hypocritical.

No thanks, I'll take fans owned clubs anyday - something you lot should take heed of.  If we never make it to the football league, I don't care, as long as it remains affordable to all.  Next time you're 24 hours away from extinction, perhaps you lot should consider the fans owned model.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:49:47 AM by FCUM »

fuertes

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2011, 08:54:29 AM »

No thanks, I'll take fans owned clubs anyday - something you lot should take heed of.  If we never make it to the football league, I don't care, as long as it remains affordable to all.  Next time you're 24 hours away from distinction, perhaps you lot should consider the fans owned model.

:D Oops.

FWIW, by your logic Wigan is in Manchester. Which it CLEARLY isn't. And St. Helens in Merseyside. Which if anything is even more ridiculous.

I like the city of Manchester and if people ask where I'm from, I'm happy enough to say "Manchester" or "just near Manchester". You get conditioned to doing so by the fact that people's geography is so poor (there are southerners who've actually neevr heard of Bury, for example). But to claim you have to be some sort of eejit to regard yourself as Cestrian when you're from Altrincham is a pile of horse sh*t.

PS. Fans-owned isn't an option for us because we have a hardcore of 750 fans. For you I'm sure it's great and best of luck to you, but don't give out pointless advice to other clubs about whom you obviously know little.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2011, 09:25:22 AM »

Because they have fans that openly criticise their own players on the pitch after a demoralising defeat - precisely the time you should be getting behind your team.  They also have fans who are pinning their hopes on 'being taken over by a Euromillions winner'

Also, let's say that 300-400 opinionated FC fans came to Alty protesting about somebody taking over our club only to try and do the same at Alty, how do you think that would have gone down with you lot?  The board at Leigh RMI wanted us to merge with them but FCUM declined because it would have been hypocritical.

No thanks, I'll take fans owned clubs anyday - something you lot should take heed of.  If we never make it to the football league, I don't care, as long as it remains affordable to all.  Next time you're 24 hours away from distinction,
 perhaps you lot should consider the fans owned model.

Which sport did you watch prior to euro 96?

Jezza

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2011, 10:05:51 AM »

For confirmation that Altrincham FC are in the county of cheshire while being under the jurisdiction of the borough of trafford can be sought by writing to Altrincham FC MOSS LANE, ALTRINCHAM, CHESHIRE WA15 8AP

End of ludicrous debate

Seriously before my house devalues........

markecky

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2011, 10:40:58 AM »

Because they have fans that openly criticise their own players on the pitch after a demoralising defeat - precisely the time you should be getting behind your team.

I'd find it weird to watch a club where people weren't that arsed about the result providing that Stand A was louder than Stand B or you sang the hilarious new song about City and Leeds.

People being pissed off at a cup defeat to a club in a lower league for the second time on the season isn't exactly exclusive to Alty.

It would happen at most clubs where people weren't just along for the ride.  And you say we don't understand you....

The reason you don't get cross after defeats is because defeat is a pretty new concept for you considering the clubs you play each week get an eighth of your attendances and have a monthly playing budget the equivalent of Andy Walshs wages.

FCUM

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »

For confirmation that Altrincham FC are in the county of cheshire while being under the jurisdiction of the borough of trafford can be sought by writing to Altrincham FC MOSS LANE, ALTRINCHAM, CHESHIRE WA15 8AP

End of ludicrous debate

Seriously before my house devalues........

Ok, you pay your council tax to Cheshire County Council then and see how long it is before debt collectors on behalf of Trafford MBC come knocking then

fuertes

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2011, 11:39:57 AM »

Ok, you pay your council tax to Cheshire County Council then and see how long it is before debt collectors on behalf of Trafford MBC come knocking then

Is Wigan no longer Lancashire, by your reckoning?

whopper

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2011, 01:10:48 PM »

This is what the forum is for, not boring goodwins agreeing and patting eachothers backs, this is real debate about two very different teams for a change

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »

Clearly "FCUM" can't think of a smartarse answer to the relevant question I asked earlier in this thread. Therefore, I assume most people who attend FC United games aren't actually arsed about the game, they're just there to sing songs about Manchester United FC and Eric Cantona and to vandalise away grounds with stupid stickers about Malcolm Glazer.

Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »

And partake in alcohol misuse and public disorder, if west Yorkshire police are to be believed  8)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC Utd, a club on the up.