PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC Utd, a club on the up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: FC Utd, a club on the up.  (Read 22863 times)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 28, 2011, 08:12:37 AM »

We, I speak as an Alty fan, will never be able to match the potential of FC Utd of Manchester. Having dealt with them outside a game of football, the workings behind the scenes are something we could never match. They have 100s of volunteers who manage and promote the club, which are numbers we could only dream of. They have individual commitees dealing with various issues from Planning and Building the new stadium, producing a match programme ,to sorting out hospitality for visiting teams.They have a Publicity Department that have access to so many sections of the media. I tried to tie up a "kit deal", but once I found myself up against some major brands, not just agents for these brands, I knew I had no chance.On Matchday there are so many FC Utd Officials under the Main Stand directing visitors to Various Suites and sorting out both teams requirements for the game, etc. Basicaslly, they are a "well oiled machine", and this in no way detracts from all Alty's volunteers, just simply trying to show what a phenonemun FC Utd is. I dont doubt that they will follow Wimbledon into the Football League eventually. We may have to watch them progress beyond us, hopefully we can follow them along the same path. Somehow, I doubt that. Their ambitions are probably a little higher that ours, playing alongside Manchester United is their goal. Just a thought!

p.s.  this has no relation to yesterday's game, just a general view on FC Utd.

markecky

Re: FC Utd, a club on the up.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:20:35 AM »

Thanks for that Ian, just what we needed at 8:10 the morning after.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 08:23:26 AM »

Thanks for that Ian, just what we needed at 8:10 the morning after.

I was a disappointed as anyone, just trying to put a different slant on things.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 10:44:46 AM »

An excellently put post Ian

One only needs to read through the programme from yesterday's match to see the difference between us and them.

'Last years scheme raised a magnificent total of £1.3m which is safely held in an Escrow account. We are aiming to increase that total to £1.6m over the next 2 months..'

'The mainstay of the DF (Development Fund) has been standing orders from hundreds of FC supporters. Every year 300-500 individual supportershave regularly donated monthly amounts between £1.00 and £100.00 totalling between £50,000 to £60,000 annually.  ... if every adult member started a £4 monthly contribution or increased their current contribution by £4 per month we would raise £100.000 in under a year.'

That puts it all into perspective ?

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 12:10:12 PM »

here is the solution: we all stop going to away matches and donate what we would have spent on travel and ticket etc.

thats £50-£100 a month each.

it's win win - we don't have to travel to away matches and watch the current dross, we get a bigger budget to bring in better players.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:13:14 PM by RocketDan »

whopper

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 12:55:56 PM »

Fcum have already been stalled on countless occasions in there efforts to climb up the leagues disregarding other teams and they will continue to struggle, only takes one relegation and the fans will lose interest imo

bumble

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 01:09:03 PM »

Fcum have already been stalled on countless occasions in there efforts to climb up the leagues disregarding other teams and they will continue to struggle, only takes one relegation and the fans will lose interest imo

Exactly - they'll hit a ceiling and just sit there for a while

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »

Whatever their resources or potential, they looked a decent team to me yesteday with a solid defence including a pair of full backs we'd kill for. Roca was no airs and graces, just bloody effective and Norton, a player not deemed good enough for us last year, exactly the kind of striker we are lacking. A good well run club who play football properly - good luck to them. Also, no disparaging remarks from their fans, who just sang for their team throughout. The truth hurts, but there you go.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 01:39:19 PM »

Whatever their resources or potential, they looked a decent team to me yesteday with a solid defence including a pair of full backs we'd kill for. Roca was no airs and graces, just bloody effective and Norton, a player not deemed good enough for us last year, exactly the kind of striker we are lacking. A good well run club who play football properly - good luck to them. Also, no disparaging remarks from their fans, who just sang for their team throughout. The truth hurts, but there you go.

100% agree......that was exactly what I saw.

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »

until they fail to meet the conference's rule on security of tenure coz bury get bought by a lottery winning fan and kick fcum out, their numerous committees start in fighting on location of new ground reflected by a poor season on the pitch and everyone gives up and goes back to OT....they've not had a bad season yet.......lets see how they respond to failure and how that impacts on crowds and volunteers............alty could get taken over by a euro millions lottery winner......

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 05:24:50 PM »

A club on the up for the time being no doubt but I didn't think they were a good side at all. Roca looked decent but he did have the luxury of being given all the time and space he could ever ask for! In fact the reaction of the travelling support was precisely because we're sick of seeing Alty beaten by not very good sides

mickthered

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 09:00:07 PM »

The thing is for FC  there is no rush to climb the leagues in fact some are happy at this level and some were even happier in the NW counties
Yes success is nice but its the be all and end all more a case if it happens then it happens I  dont know anyone who is any rush to get into the football leaue that can be left to the likes of teams like chester and  halifax who are far to big for these tinpot leagues

At the moment what the players get paid with a lot of players even at lower leagues then us getting paid more most don't expect to move up any higher at the moment

What is more important is affordable football for all

As for disregarding other teams I'm not really sure what you mean by that

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 09:34:13 PM »

I didn't go yesterday on principle. I refuse to acknowledge their existence as a club in the same way that I dont recognise MK Dons. Starting a new club when things aren't going your way goes against everything I understand being a supporter of a club to be about.

hami

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 11:38:28 PM »

I didn't go yesterday on principle. I refuse to acknowledge their existence as a club in the same way that I dont recognise MK Dons. Starting a new club when things aren't going your way goes against everything I understand being a supporter of a club to be about.

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 11:56:09 PM »

I think you'd find that if we'd won 8-0, Hugo's view (which I agree with 100%) would be exactly the same. One result doesn't change a principle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team