PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC Utd, a club on the up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: FC Utd, a club on the up.  (Read 22774 times)

Eatmygoal

Re: FC Utd, a club on the up.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 06:03:43 AM »

As we all know, FCUM was set up by Man U fans who opposed the take over by the Glaziers. It would be interesting to see whether or not the FCUM fan base dropped if Man U was ever sold.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 07:23:40 AM »

I didn't go yesterday on principle. I refuse to acknowledge their existence as a club in the same way that I dont recognise MK Dons. Starting a new club when things aren't going your way goes against everything I understand being a supporter of a club to be about.

I think you'd find that if we'd won 8-0, Hugo's view (which I agree with 100%) would be exactly the same. One result doesn't change a principle.

Thanks Phil you are right. If we had won 8-0 of course I would have been disappointed to have missed a good Alty victory but the principle would override that. That's the reason I posted on a thread about their club rather than a thread regarding the match itself.

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 08:37:05 AM »

As we all know, FCUM was set up by Man U fans who opposed the take over by the Glaziers. It would be interesting to see whether or not the FCUM fan base dropped if Man U was ever sold.

It was about more than that, as I understand it. Rip-off prices, stewards demanding supporters sit down all game, the general slide towards being an enormous global corporation rather than a football team representing Mancunians.

Manchester United's primary purpose is to make money, rather than represent anything or anyone. To be honest, I quite admire those people who said "enough is enough". Better them than idiots who 'support' a team by sitting in front of the telly in their replica kit.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 08:54:49 AM »

So when fcum get into the BSP, are told to sit down by stewards at Luton, have to pay their players more to compete so come up with the marketting idea of having 3 kits a year, have to market themselves and become a brand name to progress find out they have to pay more than fans of Histon when they play cambridge, start to sign players from the south who don't represent manchester........wil they start up FC FC Utd?

While there is no end of local clubs with proud histories they could have changed allegiances to, they decided to create a toy that (as has been pointed out as their good points) is ruthlessly raking in cash to fund thier rise......they have become to all intents and purposes a mini Manchester Utd turning into the club doing all the things they said they left for....as soon as they started out they were having their traditional saturday kick off time of 3pm changed on police advice...and it wont be long before they are succumbing to the lure of TV money either.

They are a parady of themselves....

markecky

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 09:01:20 AM »

I tell you what we need right now, a big war of words with jubilant FC Utd fans.

Just let them get on with it. 

They are on a different planet to us on nearly every level other than tradition and history and they aren't  doing a bad job of progessing through the leagues to build that either.

We've got our own issues to sort out.

Right from the first post this thread is as depressing as all the Sack Sinnot/sack the board/burn Densmore as a witch/ torch the main stand posts.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 09:10:24 AM »

Agreed, the oxygen of attention/publicity. I don't care. I don't necessarily agree with them but they're not my club so they can do as they wish. Some things they do well and we should look at, other things we should ignore.

As Ecky says we've got things we need to address, at the minute we're not really doing enough to attract those Sale/Brooklands fcum families full stop regardless of what they do.

bighairedmike

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 11:45:20 AM »

So when fcum get into the BSP, are told to sit down by stewards at Luton, have to pay their players more to compete so come up with the marketting idea of having 3 kits a year, have to market themselves and become a brand name to progress find out they have to pay more than fans of Histon when they play cambridge, start to sign players from the south who don't represent manchester........wil they start up FC FC Utd?

While there is no end of local clubs with proud histories they could have changed allegiances to, they decided to create a toy that (as has been pointed out as their good points) is ruthlessly raking in cash to fund thier rise......they have become to all intents and purposes a mini Manchester Utd turning into the club doing all the things they said they left for....as soon as they started out they were having their traditional saturday kick off time of 3pm changed on police advice...and it wont be long before they are succumbing to the lure of TV money either.

They are a parady of themselves....

That box has already been checked as well... And no FC United fan could explain to me how they still went to a Friday night match that was rescheduled just for TV when that was one of the major factors of them making a breakaway.

There is a list as long as my arm of what I don't like about that club but as people have said, now is not really the time for it all. The problems on our doorstep are what we should be seeking to address.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 08:53:12 PM »

Right from the first post this thread is as depressing as all the Sack Sinnot/sack the board/burn Densmore as a witch/ torch the main stand posts.

Sorry, but that just made me laugh out loud amongst all the doom and gloom. Have a goodwin, for what it's worth.

Tried to keep off here since before the FCUM game as I sadly expected (not hoped obviously) a defeat and the ensuing babble-bile (although there's actually been less of it than I expected).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Ronnie

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 10:50:16 PM »

An interesting take on the response to the FC United game on this blog:

http://gregg-thissportinglife.blogspot.com/

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 10:59:52 PM »

To be quite honest, until we play them again I couldn't give a monkeys either way about them. I'm far more concerned by the current situation at our own club. Whether you love them or hate them, they're here to stay so get used to it.

Come on Alty!

Hamilton

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »

Nice of the writer to completely ignore the many positive comments made bout FCUM!

Shoulder meet chip.....

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 11:07:32 PM »

One of the poorest attempts at trolling I've ever seen to be honest.Why on earth would 400 alty supporters bother going to bury for a qualifying round fixture in the trophy? We wouldn't take that many in a qualifying round game against one of our rivals, nevermind some unibond league club we've never played before that we knew we would probably lose to? I love how we don't know what we are talking about and dont understand. Arent we the ones that have been supporter owned for over a decade? Might swell locked this thread, we've got a proper match on Saturday to discuss

markecky

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 11:14:42 PM »

Why would the writer take such time to dissect comments on another teams forum?  Does he search the web for inaccuracies and spend his life correcting them like some fact policeman?

Are we the first team ever to comment on them or something?

He sounds like the kid you send into the nasty blokes garden to get your ball back when you know he chases you with a brush...

"Go on..go on..I dare ya"

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »

"they only bought 150" talk about bigging your f**king part up, they got more of us than curzon did last year, they should be thankful considering we had to play at sn unnatural time of the weekend due to their lack of facilities

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 07:38:13 AM »

Plenty of positives about FCUM on here, yet they are strangely ignored on the blog.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC Utd, a club on the up.