News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham problems 284

Author Topic: Wrexham problems 284  (Read 1721 times)

bumble

Wrexham problems 284
« on: December 06, 2011, 07:55:40 AM »

Ian Roberts  lent them £130k last April to pay the tax bill to keep them in buisness  - but because they reached  the 3rd round of the FA CUP it means early repayment due to a clause in the contract

Another rumour is they are 100k short of what's needed to finish the season

Jezza

Re: Wrexham problems 284
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 08:29:19 AM »

a member of their trust who now have control of the club openly said in a radio interview that they had a shortfall to get to the end of the season and they were desperate for a good money making draw......I don't think away at brighton fits the bill unless it gets televised...which it probably wont.

But wrexham look to be in the final leg of sorting themselves out and their fans have worked miracles to claw the club back from the clutches of evil propery developing chairmen so i wish them well I can't see them failing at this last hurdle.....

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 08:34:32 AM »

Apparently Brighton got 16,000 for a League Cup tie against Gillingham. Something similar and Wrexham could be looking at the best part of £100,000 as part of the gate receipt split.

There's always the chance they'll win, too. Brentford are L1 playoff chasers and Wrexham appear to have seen them off relatively comfortably. They have a ludicrously good defensive record.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »

meanwhile we won a grand total of....... £0.

VofD

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »

meanwhile we won a grand total of....... £0.

In both cup competitions FFS >:(

Robin Reliant

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 04:49:36 PM »

a member of their trust who now have control of the club openly said in a radio interview that they had a shortfall to get to the end of the season and they were desperate for a good money making draw......I don't think away at brighton fits the bill unless it gets televised...which it probably wont.

But wrexham look to be in the final leg of sorting thems fans have worked miracles to claw the club back from the clutches of evil propery developing chairmen so i wish them well I can'elves out and theirt see them failing at this last hurdle.....

Seconded

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 07:34:26 PM »

I think their problems are a long way from being sorted especially if they don't go up this season. One wonders whether the Conference board would have kept them in the Conference if they weren't such a big club. If running the club expecting a £700,000 loss is acceptable who I am to argue.
They really should be beating teams like us
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham problems 284