PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LEE SINNOTT : HALF TERM REPORT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: LEE SINNOTT : HALF TERM REPORT  (Read 13606 times)

Toppers

Re: LEE SINNOTT : HALF TERM REPORT
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »

my view:- appointed late into pre-season then went away for two weeks, so bearly had enough time to put his own squad together. players such as densmore and clee just havent stepped up to the mark this season which is worrying. Tolson i dont believe is a coach after nearly guiding hyde to relegation then bringing two defenders with him in a team that conceded over 85 goals last year.
we all say mangers never get a fair chance.... he cant work miracles over night, he's been in the job 6months, GIVE HIM TIME!!

bumble

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 12:50:59 PM »

On another point how many did we take yesterday was there an official figure or not?

Att 601

We must have had 2/3 of that

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »

Thanks - was a good turnout
ParkINson's red and white army

VofD

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 01:03:17 PM »

I AGREE, NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OUR CLUB. ONLY ONE MAN I AM AFRAID AND THATS WHETHER PEOPLE LIKE IT OR NOT !!!!MR HEATHCOTE ALL THE WAY. WE SHOULD BE RIGHT AT THE TOP IN THIS sh*tE LEAGUE, ITS A POOR POOR STANDARD

NEVER, NEVER,NEVER AGAIN

Wry smile at that cult   ;D

??? ??? ???

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 01:37:29 PM »

There are improvements needed but the good outweighs the bad and sinnott deserves time. We either win impressively or lose badly which is very frustrating.  Biggest let down has been in the FA cup and trophy. But talk of replacing a manager so early on is crazy.

As an aside, I find the 'bring back heathcote" theory to be truly pathetic.

roytonmike

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 02:08:12 PM »

Any manager must, in my opinion, be given a full season in which to work before anyone calls his position into question.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:07:23 PM by roytonmike »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 02:25:14 PM »

I AGREE, NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OUR CLUB. ONLY ONE MAN I AM AFRAID AND THATS WHETHER PEOPLE LIKE IT OR NOT !!!!MR HEATHCOTE ALL THE WAY. WE SHOULD BE RIGHT AT THE TOP IN THIS sh*tE LEAGUE, ITS A POOR POOR STANDARD

What a load of nonsense! You are, of course, entitled to think what you like about Lee Sinnott, although I happen to disagree with you on that. However, for you to say there is "only one man" to manage Alty when there are literally hundreds of alternatives out there is baffling at best.

You're living in the past.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:42:26 PM by Mick Hayde Fan Club »
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 03:16:31 PM »

I know that it's officially "a work in progress" but some convincing evidence that we are actually making some progress towards our supposed objective would be most welcome.

We still seem afflicted by the same problems and squad deficiencies that were present when the league season commenced back in August and which have generally persisted since then.

Our 'defence' (with the exception of Stuart Coburn) always looks liable to concede goals and requires urgent surgery.

Now our central midfield looks threadbare.....and Summerskill is back!

Densmore and Clee have generally underperformed, alas.

Full credit to Reeves for his excellent goals return.

We are propped up with loan players and still saddled with Heathcote's calamitously expensive folly in the guise of Twiss.

Probably the most alarming statistic is that in a total of 24 competitive matches that we have played to date this season, we have yet to win a game when the opposition has scored the first goal.

I also feel that Sinnott has failed to make much of an impression at the club and it would be beneficial if his profile was increased at Moss Lane.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 04:05:09 PM »

I know that it's officially "a work in progress" but some convincing evidence that we are actually making some progress towards our supposed objective would be most welcome.

We still seem afflicted by the same problems and squad deficiencies that were present when the league season commenced back in August and which have generally persisted since then.

Our 'defence' (with the exception of Stuart Coburn) always looks liable to concede goals and requires urgent surgery.

Now our central midfield looks threadbare.....and Summerskill is back!

Densmore and Clee have generally underperformed, alas.

Full credit to Reeves for his excellent goals return.

We are propped up with loan players and still saddled with Heathcote's calamitously expensive folly in the guise of Twiss.

Probably the most alarming statistic is that in a total of 24 competitive matches that we have played to date this season, we have yet to win a game when the opposition has scored the first goal.

I also feel that Sinnott has failed to make much of an impression at the club and it would be beneficial if his profile was increased at Moss Lane.

a very good summarry for me yes Twiss was a mistake and i am sure he would agree with you its a shame we never give credit for the excellent players he attracted also

Its just a damm shame we took him on 2 yrs to add insult to injury i wonder where he will end up after the season is finished
ParkINson's red and white army

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 04:06:10 PM »

Bring back Heathcote? Hilarious

RocketDan

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 04:15:49 PM »

If it was a school report it would read:

Lee has shown some flashes of genius this term, however these have been inconsistent. Whilst always well turned out and polite, I sometimes question his approach to the course and feel a more hands on approach would be beneficial for his learning. With improved concentration and more enthusiasm, I have few doubts Lee could be a star pupil.

Must try harder

B -

Robin Reliant

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 04:51:22 PM »

If our away form matched our home form we would have 48pts and be 2nd in the league.
The manager needs at least the rest of the season to get a cohesive squad together,
lets stop the" bring back Heathcote " every time we lose!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 05:15:56 PM »

If he was to come back for me, you could shut the place down. We had a number of good players and managers before Heathcote and will do now he has left the club. This bizarre hero worship of the man is bordering on unhealthy. We need to give Lee a chance to mould the club into the way he wants it and Heathcote hanging around the club and being backed for a return everytime we lose is not helping Lee one bit. We cannot afford to pay-off another manager mid contract so lets see the season out and then assess things then.

John Crewe

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 05:46:27 PM »

I'm half of the mind it is still a work in progress....

Lee sems to be getting the best out of some players and it was unfortunate that Jones' legs seemed to go in between the friendlies and the season starting and was slow to react to this and we have suffered ever since.

Attack wise we look good with James Lawrie and Jack being good signings.

Centre midfield we look lightwieght and Lawton and danlyk need replacing quickly.

He needs to find a centre back pairing that works.

Lots of work to do in particular to finding an away system that works.....would anyone else have started twiss to hold and keep the ball away at droylsden? Lee seems to stick with his plan A and needs to find that plan B quickly.

Lee still has for me until the end of the school year to show progress in the areas that need work.....if so then we can maybe look forward to the play offs and forget about the absolutly dismal cup performances this season.

I agree that it is a poor standard and it is very frustrating that we are so close (7 points one game in hand) to where we could and should realistically expect to be.....

I think under the 'cote we would be in a similar position having drawn a lot of games we have lost but only having won games 1-0 that we have romped home in under Lee........I wonder if Mr Needham was around for the season we just finsihed to qualify for conf N under the 'cote when the opposition was similarly sh*te??...or if he can remember us going 1 up front against bottom of the table vauxhall motors and lost??

Summary : Shows promise but Could do better and needs to stop playing truant when we have a cup exam.
Shows promise? Tactically unaware more like

John Crewe

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 05:49:38 PM »

If he was to come back for me, you could shut the place down. We had a number of good players and managers before Heathcote and will do now he has left the club. This bizarre hero worship of the man is bordering on unhealthy. We need to give Lee a chance to mould the club into the way he wants it and Heathcote hanging around the club and being backed for a return everytime we lose is not helping Lee one bit. We cannot afford to pay-off another manager mid contract so lets see the season out and then assess things then.
Sinnott does not have a contract.....so no pay off
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LEE SINNOTT : HALF TERM REPORT