Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where were you when we scored 4 goals at Hinkley ??.......

Author Topic: Where were you when we scored 4 goals at Hinkley ??.......  (Read 4772 times)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 09, 2012, 11:18:49 PM »

.... Four of us stuck on the soddin M6 for 4 fookin hours ! (and a few other Alty supporters further down)

Oh what a night !

Stuck under a bridge with no reception for the Vodafone network

The Pukka Pie Quiz followed by listening to Radio Robins on the Orange mobile until the battery went flat at 0-0 !

Text score updates from those lucky enough to miss the accident and hold up and make it to the ground.

4 bloody 1 ? ?

and then when we were finally able to move ?   .....................

another flat battery this time on Fozzie's car.

Picture the scene - Three of us trying to push start Fozzie's car the wrong way up the south bound carriageway !

Priceless  - Don't you just love away trips watching Alty  ???  

Message to Brian Flynn, I hope you managed to record the commentary so those unfortunate enough to have never made it can relive what we missed ?

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:22:56 PM by (S)ALTY »

Jezza

Re: Where were you when we scored 4 goals at Hinkley ??.......
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 03:42:16 AM »

good effort lads.....to answer your question i was tucked up in bed listening to the commentary on a laptop with back up power supply...

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:40:34 AM »

.... Four of us stuck on the soddin M6 for 4 fookin hours ! (and a few other Alty supporters further down)

Oh what a night !

The Pukka Pie Quiz followed by listening to Radio Robins on the Orange mobile until the battery went flat at 0-0 !
Text score updates from those lucky enough to miss the accident and hold up and make it to the ground.
4 bloody 1 ? ?
Picture the scene - Three of us trying to push start Fozzie's car the wrong way up the south bound carriageway !
Message to Brian Flynn, I hope you managed to record the commentary so those unfortunate enough to have never made it can relive what we missed ?

You unlucky buggers! and watch out,....I havent authorised any Pukka Pie Quiz.

Where was I you ask, as  jet lagged and on Australia time I fell asleep on the sofa waiting for commentary to start and woke up when there were 10 mins left and missed all the goals! Here I am wide awake at 4am again!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 09:46:31 AM »

Oh what a night !

4 bloody 1 ? ?

I did my usual trick of not recording the first half, but the second half will be on RR tonight or tomorrow night.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 11:25:08 AM »

In my little workshop (spare bedroom), apparently guilty of matrimonial neglect and under the pretext of gainful employment enjoying the auditory experience that is Radio Robins.

Interesting to hear a player's perspective, but couldn't help wondering if he reads the message board, given some of the bile that is spouted.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 12:00:03 PM »

In my little workshop (spare bedroom), apparently guilty of matrimonial neglect and under the pretext of gainful employment enjoying the auditory experience that is Radio Robins.

Interesting to hear a player's perspective, but couldn't help wondering if he reads the message board, given some of the bile that is spouted.

What was he saying mate?

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 02:03:21 PM »

What was he saying mate?

Flyyny junior came across very well and gave some insight into the gaffer's reaction to results, training and, most interestingly, the players - i.e. what they are supposed to be doing and that, for instance, they were looking for Hawes to score more goals using his height.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 02:17:30 PM »

What was he saying mate?

Nothing earth shattering Ecky, but he came across as very genuine in terms of caring about the club, the squad and the management team. He was quick to give praise to Lee and Neil for the preparation and homework they put in (set pieces were mentioned and I should imagine Lee is delighted to have signed a player like Walmsley). He also started out by saying how gutted all of the squad were about Saturday's performance and how eager they were to put it right. I know that's what you'd expect him to say, but it didn't sound like empty words. He was also quick to give praise to his fellow team mates as the game developed, joking a little about Hawes and about how it was about time he made his 7'9" (I think that's the exaggerated figure he used) height advantage pay.

Basically, it came across from the way he spoke that there is a very good team spirit and belief in the management team, which can only be a good thing. Obviously team spirit and belief alone will not win you anything, talent and ability have to enter into it, but you certainly won't win anything without it.

It's been an incredible roller-coaster of a season so far and I know one good away result does not make a season, but I am more hopeful than at any other time this season (bar before a ball was kicked). Of course it's very hard for an exile like me to get as good a picture as you guys who are there week in and week out.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 02:18:21 PM »

Flyyny junior came across very well and gave some insight into the gaffer's reaction to results, training and, most interestingly, the players - i.e. what they are supposed to be doing and that, for instance, they were looking for Hawes to score more goals using his height.

ahhh, you beat me to the reply

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »

Forgot to mention, that when asked what had the gaffer's HT team talk been like he said that he'd actually said very little as you could plainly hear the b*llocking the Hinckley lads were getting through the dressing room wall. Lee had said something along the lines of 'Now that's what you can expect from them in the second half and particularly straight after the restart so we have to remain alert at the back, keep on playing the way we are and more goals will come'

I'm relaying the general gist here rather than exact wording as my ageing, addled mind is incapable of perfect recall.

Of course, this does beg the question 'What are Lee's HT team talks like when we are losing and not playing particularly well?'
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:22:58 PM by Uncle Globnasty »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team