PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Winter Break
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Winter Break  (Read 10407 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Break
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2012, 09:30:10 PM »

'What will be, will be'.
Let's just get on with it.
Bring on Saturday.

Hamilton

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 09:43:25 PM »

To the many sceptics on here,..just look at the video debate given by Al Gore, "an Inconvenient Truth" It puts the issues into more understandable perspective for you. No its not perfect but its got more reality than many views on here.

The pace of global warming is frightening and unprecedented.

"An Inconvenient Truth" had too many inconvenient untruths to be taken seriously.

Still, Gore's made a lot of money....!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2012, 10:41:24 PM »

To the many sceptics on here,..just look at the video debate given by Al Gore, "an Inconvenient Truth" It puts the issues into more understandable perspective for you. No its not perfect but its got more reality than many views on here.

The pace of global warming is frightening and unprecedented.

PukkaPieman my friend - This is where I have a problem with your Global warming theories - You obviously feel quite strongly that us earthlings use far too many fossil fuels in our everyday life and we are about to ruin the world for the generations who follow us.

Could I ask one question - If you do indeed feel that strongly about it, how come you are happy to drive a car, use an aircraft and generally use up said fossil fuels along with the rest of us.... surely if it is as Frightening and unprecented as you state then you wouldnt do these things.  Just a thought...

taxi Phil

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2012, 10:52:09 PM »

I preferred it when CFC was a football team in West London.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 11:44:13 PM »

Those that believe that mankind has contributed considerably to the recent trends in global temperature rises tend to belong to the scientific community and the naysayers tend on the whole not to. In fact, I would be surprised if anyone could name any scientific body of any standing that does not agree with this. What it means for the future of our insignificant little speck of dust is another matter entirely and certainly will not be anything of any real significance in any of our lifetimes. Sarah Palin is a cimate change naysayer and that says it all to me....if I ever agree with anything that woman says on any issue of any significance it will be time to take some VERY strong medication.

Oooooh Alty and the climate change, the landing of german rifles on the lonely banna strand.....we need football and fast
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Cornish Alty

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2012, 01:32:04 AM »

Firstly, I'm loving the amount of people who haven’t been duped by the politicians and media on this one.

There is no logic in the idea that Palins views add any weight to the argument either way..But if youwere to go down this route, the other side is pushed by Al (I invented the internet) Gore and other establishment politicians and the mainstream media (you know those people who lie and manipulate truths on a daily basis). Then you've got David Rothschild prating about on a boat made of lynx cans or something, to promote man made global warming whilst the rest of his filthy family and their crony’s push for carbon taxes and global government. But I’m sure this is just a coincidence.

Finally, and in response to the statement that “I would be surprised if anyone could name any scientific body of any standing that does not agree with this”. There are a number of scientists who disagree, they may be the minority but numbers do not decide if a theory is right or wrong. Having looked at both sides of the argument for me it basically comes to one side with a theory and lots of fancy models which are potentially highly inaccurate and based on assumption upon assumption. And the other who bases its opinion on scientifically undisputed facts that you would learn in an introductory geology lesson and comon sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming

I know it may sound a little wacky to some of you, but governments and the media manipulate people, and the big yellow thing in the sky is what determines whether it is hot or cold, not deodorants and cow farts.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:36:52 AM by Cornish Alty »

Jezza

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2012, 06:43:03 AM »

any scientists who disagree with global warming are shot by MI6....everyone knows that for a fact.

Hamilton

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2012, 09:22:59 AM »

There is significant evidence to suggest that solar action is that which dictates global temperatures and minimal evidence to confirm if higher CO2 levels are the cause or EFFECT of global warming. The biggest single cause of CO2 release into the atmosphere is the errosion of the Tibetan Plateau depositing Calium carbonate into the Indian Ocean. Calcium is deposited on the ocean floor while  CO2 is released into the atmosphere due to the high temperatures in the Indian Ocean.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »

Firstly, I'm loving the amount of people who haven’t been duped by the politicians and media on this one.
Meaningless statement that cuts both ways. There is NOBODY on this thread that knows for 100% certain either way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming

Palin was a throwaway (or should that be throwback), but the tea party and their ilk do love to deny global warming. My statment was that by far the vast majority of recognised scientific organisations (nationally or internationally) are agreed on global warming and of course there are going to be individuals within the scientific community who believe otherwise. These organisations have nothing necessarily to do with governments and certainly not the media.

I know it may sound a little wacky to some of you, but governments and the media manipulate people, and the big yellow thing in the sky is what determines whether it is hot or cold, not deodorants and cow farts.
Since time immemorial. Tell us something we don't know, but little relevance here.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2012, 04:48:57 PM »

Those that believe that mankind has contributed considerably to the recent trends in global temperature rises tend to belong to the scientific community and the naysayers tend on the whole not to. In fact, I would be surprised if anyone could name any scientific body of any standing that does not agree with this. What it means for the future of our insignificant little speck of dust is another matter entirely and certainly will not be anything of any real significance in any of our lifetimes. Sarah Palin is a cimate change naysayer and that says it all to me....if I ever agree with anything that woman says on any issue of any significance it will be time to take some VERY strong medication.

Oooooh Alty and the climate change, the landing of german rifles on the lonely banna strand.....we need football and fast

Wasn't very lonely last September,4 truckloads of Irish Rangers,and a couple of Garda with metal detectors.....source of much conjecture in the bars of Tralee   ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Winter Break