PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New signings rumour!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New signings rumour!  (Read 8162 times)

taxi Phil

Re: New signings rumour!
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 07:33:50 PM »

I could see McGivern and Reeves fitting together really well. I suppose I could learn to ignore his impression of Brodie...............

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 09:18:04 PM »

We need some decent defenders!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 09:23:14 PM »

True, but I get the impression that Phelan is the sort of no-nonsense midfielder who will help take the burden off our defenders a little bit as well. Our defensive problems aren't just about the "back four".

Put Phelan's name into YouTube and it brings up several excellent examples of somewhat uncompromising tackling.  :)
Come on Alty!

bumble

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 09:32:07 PM »

True, but I get the impression that Phelan is the sort of no-nonsense midfielder who will help take the burden off our defenders a little bit as well. Our defensive problems aren't just about the "back four".

Put Phelan's name into YouTube and it brings up several excellent examples of somewhat uncompromising tackling.  :)

They are some brilliant tackles - not afraid to shoot either

( Could he be the Connors we want? )

markecky

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »

You have to take players when they come available.

Whilst we have had some sh*t defenders this season it could be argued that if they hadn't been left as exposed by the gaping hole in the centre of the park then we not have seen as much of them in action.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 10:44:43 PM »

I also think the defence we've got, while no means world beaters, are decent and maybe given a few more games they'll link up a bit better.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 10:55:01 PM »

I also think the defence we've got, while no means world beaters, are decent and maybe given a few more games they'll link up a bit better.

You about to go to MiT?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 11:00:50 PM »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 11:32:23 PM »

You have to take players when they come available.

Whilst we have had some sh*t defenders this season it could be argued that if they hadn't been left as exposed by the gaping hole in the centre of the park then we not have seen as much of them in action.

I'd concur with that. We've all lamented Tom Kearney's injury but what he gave us (for me) was composure on the ball and taking pressure off the defence i.e. making sure he was always tsood 5 yards away from Robbie Williams so he didn't have to pass it anywhere further than that.  rather than a range of great defence splitting passes

I'd also say that it's linked to the relatively open style of play we have. Whilst our defence is still a problem, I said a couple of weeks ago that I don't think we're quite going to solve that in time this season now. LS could sign 3 good defenders tomorrow but we couldn't be guaranteed it would improve quickly enough.

For me, I think we need to keep the momentum up going forward, we've shipped goals all season but if we stop scoring them now we're snookered. If we're going to achieve anything this year we'll just have to do it the hard way.

Obviously it's something that must be addressed as a priority in the summer though.

John Crewe

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 12:42:32 AM »

hmmmm
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New signings rumour!