PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why, Why, Why
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why, Why, Why  (Read 8094 times)

markecky

Why, Why, Why
« on: March 10, 2012, 05:43:51 PM »

Why try to play some complex techincal 4-2-1-3 formation when we have just won the last two games?   You can't ask players at this level who train 2-3 hours a week to learn a whole new system.

Just play 4-4-2, it doesn matter if they do any 4-1-4-1 nonsense, we're at home and we have the quality to beat them on the pitch.

I like Lee Sinnott but that was a dreadful dreadful error.

Add in to that every single player being poor and you have the worst peformance of the season.  

Slight positive, Duncan Watmores enthusiasm and zip.  That was it.

Wrong from start to finish today and in front of 844 as well.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Why, Why, Why
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »

Agree completely, kinda said it in the above thread.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:48:56 PM »

and while I'm on a rant (with apologies in advance to Phil Taylor) can we make Mark Lynch is the last player we sign who has been released by Man Utd.

Their heads must go completely and they never ever seem to recover.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:52:01 PM by markecky »

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:49:10 PM »

couldn't believe it. We looked so one-dimensional. It was just like the first half against Stalybridge, we had no width and seemed to just knock it around the edge of their area before trying to fire a high ball in which almost always went either wide, over the bar or to the keeper. Bizarre

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 05:50:15 PM »

Agree 100% - the formation was far too experimental and funky. Too many players playing out of their best positions. We need to keep it simple.

I'd have been cheekily tempted to give Duncan Watmore man of the match based on his 20 mins or so, as the rest were very poor today.

erimus

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 05:54:01 PM »

and to sound like Roy Keane, why did Lawrie come on wearing gloves? Looked like a big girl's blouse and played like one as well (which at least - with the exception of Watmore - matched the rest of them)

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »

Why try to play some complex techincal 4-2-1-3 formation when we have just won the last two games?   You can't ask players at this level who train 2-3 hours a week to learn a whole new system.

Just play 4-4-2, it doesn matter if they do any 4-1-4-1 nonsense, we're at home and we have the quality to beat them on the pitch.

Add in to that every single player being poor and you have the worst peformance of the season.  

Wrong from start to finish today and in front of 844 as well.

I agree with all of that. What frustrated me was that it was clear to everyone at 1-0 that we weren't going to create anything with no width but he waited until 2-0 and game over to introduce a winger.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 06:02:03 PM »

Very disappointing to hear that we got it so wrong today after getting our hopes up again over the last 7 days.

:(
Come on Alty!

LymmRobin

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 06:09:50 PM »

What was wrong with Coburn? He saved a penalty!

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 06:22:54 PM »

Has Sinnott been smoking crack or something?

Densmore at leftback was the most bizarre thing ever, he looked so uncomfortable on the ball.

I am a fan of the 433 formation when employed with two wingers but today we played too narrow (until lawrie and dunc came on)

It's a shame nicky clee wasn't there today. We need to play 442 with clee and lawrie as wide men. 3 upfront doesn't work when we played so narrow. Twiss looked ok

joe

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 06:24:33 PM »

Round holes,square pegs etc. Densmore was totally out of sorts at left back and should never be asked to play there again and he started the leagues top scored on the right hand side!!

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »

Pumping balls in the air to a tall defensive line was not the best tactics employed today.

Shocking performance.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 06:36:25 PM »

I assumed everything was going according to lee's plan as he didn't seem too put out or keen to change things....woeful today Lee!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 06:38:02 PM »

Mark lynch isn't a centre half,as for richman ,miles and twiss ?

andyc

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 07:30:41 PM »

Why not play Lees at centre back instead of moving Lynch, especially seeing Sappleton is about 16 Stone at least. Then to top it all Densmore plays at left back, never played there as far as I know. CRAZY!! Never seen Miles play before, seems like he was treading water, is he always that slow. Totally wrong tactics with no width, big chance to get in play offs missed. Its going to be tough now with our run in but saying that we seem to step it up against the better teams. Also well done Duncan Watmore, he showed good pace and at least attacked the full back causing some problems. Back to 4-4-2 please Lee.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why, Why, Why