PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dennis Birch
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Dennis Birch  (Read 15186 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Birch
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 11:30:52 PM »

In response to the calls for a Steward to be located in the vicinity of the person in question I can advise that this has happened a good number of times going back to when I was Safety Officer.

Bizarrely when he has his own steward in attendance he doesn't actually ever say anything and on some other occasions over time when it has been alleged that he has transgressed nobody has actually reported it or been willing to give evidence. Today however fortunately a number of people have indicated their willingness to testify as to his misdeeds

I don't believe this is true and unless I'm totally losing the plot I'm sure I've read on here of folk writing to the club about him. In any case, it's not like his behaviour is unknown to the club, every man and his dog whose ever been to Moss Lane knows about him....it should never have had to come to this.

It is true. I speak of the times when complaints have been made by opposition supporters or players. Nobody has 'heard anything'

I would refer you to the time when I personally had to physically remove him from Tamworth. Only the Tamworth Steward heard what both him and his brother shouted

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 12:39:51 AM »

A bloke who is very messed up I blame the parents

taxi Phil

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 07:40:38 AM »

In response to the calls for a Steward to be located in the vicinity of the person in question I can advise that this has happened a good number of times going back to when I was Safety Officer.

Bizarrely when he has his own steward in attendance he doesn't actually ever say anything and on some other occasions over time when it has been alleged that he has transgressed nobody has actually reported it or been willing to give evidence. Today however fortunately a number of people have indicated their willingness to testify as to his misdeeds

I don't believe this is true and unless I'm totally losing the plot I'm sure I've read on here of folk writing to the club about him. In any case, it's not like his behaviour is unknown to the club, every man and his dog whose ever been to Moss Lane knows about him....it should never have had to come to this.
You may be confusing this with the occasion last season when both Distance Traveller and myself complained about his brother, and the club didn't respond to our concerns. Not sure whether Dennis has been the subject of formal complaints before. I actually talked a copper out of nicking him at Forest Green a few seasons ago when he threw a plastic cup at the referee's assistant, and he calmed down for the rest of that particular match.

I still think his brother is the bigger problem, but he's not been around lately thank goodness.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 08:17:28 AM »

I congratulate Solihull's common sense approach to the matter. Common sense is a commodity in very short supply in football.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »

I congratulate Solihull's common sense approach to the matter. Common sense is a commodity in very short supply in football.

As Michael Holding (ex West Indies ) always says..

"common sense as not all that common these days"

Is Dennis banned from away grounds or is it just Moss Lane ?

If not, i suspect he will still go the away games which could be a problem although i guess he would be banned from using the
away travel coaches.

Perhaps the FA should be informed so he gets banned from ALL grounds if that has not already happened although i think you have to have
been convicted of something for the ALL grounds ban comes into force.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:41:31 AM by rigsby »

celica7man

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 12:05:14 PM »

Having been stood three persons from Dennis, there was no doubt that, after abusing an alty fan behind him he then vented his anger on not only half of the Solihull team but then to RACIALLY ABUSE the Solihull number 7.  He must not be allowed to do that ever again. He has dragged Alty's good name down to a place it does not deserve.  Ban him permanantly.

GoneFishing

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »

Is this the first time Alty have banned one of their own fans?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »

Is this the first time Alty have banned one of their own fans?

No, I think a guy called Steve Mountfield got banned a few years back for being racist.
Come on Alty!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 01:32:15 PM »

What's happened to david birch ?banned or just stopped going ?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 01:47:53 PM »

What's happened to david birch ?banned or just stopped going ?

He goes in the main stand sometimes.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 02:25:09 PM »

Lets hope we never see him at alty again. Racists are vile scum and i will not be bringing my wife or child to moss lane if he is not given a life ban.. I am proud to be an alty fan and we all need to stand up against this.

He has been banned.....you can come to Moss Lane again
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 03:15:20 PM »

Has anyone informed Jason Gallagher that it's now safe for him to come back to Moss Lane...?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »

You may be confusing this with the occasion last season when both Distance Traveller and myself complained about his brother, and the club didn't respond to our concerns. Not sure whether Dennis has been the subject of formal complaints before. I actually talked a copper out of nicking him at Forest Green a few seasons ago when he threw a plastic cup at the referee's assistant, and he calmed down for the rest of that particular match.

I still think his brother is the bigger problem, but he's not been around lately thank goodness.

Indeed I was. Thank you for clarifying. They are one and the same problem though really. They fell from the same abusive tree.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »

It is true. I speak of the times when complaints have been made by opposition supporters or players. Nobody has 'heard anything'

I would refer you to the time when I personally had to physically remove him from Tamworth. Only the Tamworth Steward heard what both him and his brother shouted

Apologies Phil, taxi Phil has cleared that one up for me. I still find it hard to believe that nobody would be prepared to speak against either brother though. It's far from the first time their behaviour has been discussed on here.

Anyway, if they have been banned then the matter can be put to bed. Ignorance is never an excuse for abuse.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

AltyFanInNottm

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »

It's ironic that this should have happened yesterday, as we had a discussion after the Solihull away game on Dennis's behaviour. At the away game he nearly started a one man riot when he went verbals with a Moors fan.

It's a shame his volumus voice and energy couldn't have been harnessed for the good of Alty, as his passion for and knowledge of Alty seems quite high. And I'd noticed that he seems very reasonable and calm before the matches.

There is no room for racism in the modern world, so his exclusion is obviously correct.

Can he be "rehabilitated"?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dennis Birch