PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Right...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Right...  (Read 6106 times)

bumble

Right...
« on: April 01, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »

I'm disappointed about yesterday but as I posted on faceboik we're lucky to have a club that's on a sound footing

Imagine being a Rushden fan watching u18 team everyweekend

Imagine being a Vics fan and playing in Stafford next season

Imagine being a Macc fan just a weeks (or less) away from sinking into Non league for a while

Imagine being a Darlington fan not having a clue what will happen to the club

My list could go on and on....

The point is, we have a well run club, a set of great fans and directors and will (touch wood) always have Alty to watch at Saturday (occasional Monday Tuesdays and Wednesday). We'll make it back up eventually and when we do we'll be even more up for the challenge of staying up and promotion will be even sweeter!

AltyFanInNottm

Re: Right...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »

Imagine being a Nuneaton Borough fan and having to watch Nuneaton Town, and watch them play at a rugby ground.

Imagine being a Chester City fan watching Chester fc in the NPL.

Imagine all the people

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 11:31:19 AM »

Imagine going 3 down in the first half to a relegated side in a must win game.
Imagine taking over half the crowd in a united show of support rather than a backlash to the first game and getting beat.
Imagine tamely surrendering to a evostick first division club at home in game that could raise more funds than years worth of golden goals and raffles.
Imagine on the back of that 7 weeks later losing away to a midtable evostick outfit in a competition we've not had a decent run in for 20 years that again could provide much need funds.
Imagine keeping 3 clean sheets in 37 league games.
Imagine welcoming droylsden and Colwyn bay next Christmas whilst Hyde enjoy festive fixtures against Stockport Macclesfield and Wrexham.

It's great to take positives where possible, and give praise out in equal measure,but there is no denying this past year  has been dreadful, it started badly and has rarely got any better.The crowds have held up brilliantly, apart from that there's very little to cheer.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:33:13 AM by Socrates »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 11:35:54 AM »

There are clubs and fans worse off than we are, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

This has been a season of dreadful lows ie both cups tinged with a light at the end of the tunnel ie flirting with a play off place.
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »

Theres 2 seperate things here i am eternally gratefull for the board and stabilty they are amazing thanks

The issues on the pitch are a different matter
ParkINson's red and white army

Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 12:15:04 PM »

Remember that LS came here with a 2 year plan. Promotion was not expected in his 1st season.

Most of his signings have been greeted with a degree of commendation and approval, but (mostly) the defenders haven't worked out (hindsight is great!) and he hasn't had the money he could have had (without going into the politics etc) - yet has still found one or two decent players.

As for losing 2-1 at Nunny; they are a form team and probably a wee bit fired up from their points deduction. Realistically, any points from that game would have been difficult.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 12:31:59 PM »

I think its been more frustrating than dreadful this season. The two cup defeats were the big low points, and the constant problems in defence still haven't been sorted properly.

But I'm a glass half full Alty fan (that doesn't mean I think everythings rosy) and there are things we can build on.  Not all doom and gloom at all. But as the old saying goes; when we are good we are very very good. When we are bad we are horrid.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:33:53 PM by Bob »

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »

Imagine being a supporter of Crawley, Southampton, Bournemouth, Chester ect.. where the reward for cheating and not paying your bills is PROMOTION.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 01:23:34 PM »

In fairness we got promoted in 1999 by spending money we never had. None of us thought we were cheating then.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 02:46:21 PM »

Imagine seeing us take 4 points from a possible 33 on the road this season........I could never have imagined that at the start of the season  >:(
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 03:54:06 PM »

image if dennis wasnt a cave man and could use a computer , hang on some of the moaning on here makes me think he may have made a few advatars of himself (the moanig way not racsist before anyone gets uppetty)
FFS

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »

I think some fans have rose tinted glasses on when it comes toAlty.

We are a well run club, who nearly went out of business and came back from the brink, yet we have the audacity to have a go at other clubs for being in a similar position now.

We have things right now off the pitch now, but on the pitch is the worry.

Unfortunately we are sinking lower and lower on the pitch, with no funds to invest in players, ground development or back room staff to help develop the club.

We either need to accept we are lower tier Non League club or we need to find some solution to the funds. Unfortunately a solution to the funds is very difficult to find.

VofD

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 06:38:51 PM »

Imagine taking over half the crowd in a united show of support rather than a backlash to the first game and getting beat.
Imagine tamely surrendering to a evostick first division club at home in game that could raise more funds than years worth of golden goals and raffles.
Imagine on the back of that 7 weeks later losing away to a midtable evostick outfit in a competition we've not had a decent run in for 20 years that again could provide much need funds.
Imagine welcoming droylsden and Colwyn bay next Christmas whilst Hyde enjoy festive fixtures against Stockport Macclesfield and Wrexham.

It's great to take positives where possible, and give praise out in equal measure,but there is no denying this past year  has been dreadful, it started badly and has rarely got any better.The crowds have held up brilliantly, apart from that there's very little to cheer.

IMAGINE having a manager who wasn't totally clueless. >:( >:(

markecky

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 06:42:54 PM »

I think some fans have rose tinted glasses on when it comes toAlty.

We are a well run club, who nearly went out of business and came back from the brink, yet we have the audacity to have a go at other clubs for being in a similar position now.

We have things right now off the pitch now, but on the pitch is the worry.

Unfortunately we are sinking lower and lower on the pitch, with no funds to invest in players, ground development or back room staff to help develop the club.

We either need to accept we are lower tier Non League club or we need to find some solution to the funds. Unfortunately a solution to the funds is very difficult to find.

Everyone just thinks that the club  just runs and it's no longer a struggle to keep it going.  Don't think the board would agree.

I've said before, we need a crisis down Ridgeway Road again to refocus a few people and maybe kick start some fundraising.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »

IMAGINE having a manager who wasn't totally clueless. >:( >:(

I wouldn't say that. He's not done that badly, has he??
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Right...