PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A vote of confidence for LS
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A vote of confidence for LS  (Read 6771 times)

Jenga

« on: April 02, 2012, 12:37:22 PM »

In all fairness I am not going to judge LS on this seasons performance...........why you might ask.

1) It takes time to build a team and bring in players you want to play for you, please dont say he should have done this in pre-season, two or three months is NOT long enough.

2) You have to remember LS was out of management for 2 years before coming to Alty. He was chosen from a shortlist of something like 70 applications if I recall. No doubt the position was offered to LS on the basis of past experience, wages, enthusiasm, connections etc. May I also add most on here were also happy to have LS as manager.

3) It takes time to arrange your back room staff. To get scouting reports on players, find available players to have discussions with, know your team, know your fans even.

I openly admit that at times on the pitch we have been poor, and I bet pound to a penny Mr LS is fully aware of what is going wrong and why it is going wrong. You may ask why has he not sorted the defence out, especially as alot of you keep reminding him, that he is a defender. My comment is this, you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink.

Close season I expect a lot of work will be done behind the scenes to bring in new players were required and to hopefully keep the better players that we still have.

So as a closing comment, I am all behind LS, even though he doesnt wear a tracksuit, doesnt wave to the fans, lives in Hull, goes on holiday before the season starts (even though he had probably booked it before he joined Alty), doesnt jump up and down on the sidelines like a demented monkey and doesnt tell the main stand to F*** Off when things go wrong.

Good luck for next season Lee.

Hamilton

Re: A vote of confidence for LS
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 01:07:55 PM »

This

Dynamo Joe

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 03:51:53 PM »

In all fairness I am not going to judge LS on this seasons performance...........why you might ask.

1) It takes time to build a team and bring in players you want to play for you, please dont say he should have done this in pre-season, two or three months is NOT long enough.

2) You have to remember LS was out of management for 2 years before coming to Alty. He was chosen from a shortlist of something like 70 applications if I recall. No doubt the position was offered to LS on the basis of past experience, wages, enthusiasm, connections etc. May I also add most on here were also happy to have LS as manager.

3) It takes time to arrange your back room staff. To get scouting reports on players, find available players to have discussions with, know your team, know your fans even.

I openly admit that at times on the pitch we have been poor, and I bet pound to a penny Mr LS is fully aware of what is going wrong and why it is going wrong. You may ask why has he not sorted the defence out, especially as alot of you keep reminding him, that he is a defender. My comment is this, you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink.

Close season I expect a lot of work will be done behind the scenes to bring in new players were required and to hopefully keep the better players that we still have.

So as a closing comment, I am all behind LS, even though he doesnt wear a tracksuit, doesnt wave to the fans, lives in Hull, goes on holiday before the season starts (even though he had probably booked it before he joined Alty), doesnt jump up and down on the sidelines like a demented monkey and doesnt tell the main stand to F*** Off when things go wrong.

Good luck for next season Lee.

Far too sensible a post for this forum  ;)

Robin Reliant

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »

Definately the voice of reason

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 06:50:54 PM »

Great post, I agree with all of that.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:01:11 PM »

Great post, I agree with all of that.
And me.

george

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:07:49 PM »

JENGA BRILLIANT.

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »

I was expecting us to finish in the play off positions this year, but if we are just outside them, which is fair enough, it's not as if we are 20 points off the playoffs.. LS said he had a two year plan, so i think we should look where we are this time next season before making any rash decisions about the manager. It's also worth baring in mind the fact that Lee has been really unlucky with injuries. For example, if Marlon Broomes and Nicky Clee hadn't been sidelined recently, i'm convinced we would have picked up enough points over the last month or so put us in the top 5.

Our front four - Clee, Reeves, McGiven, Lawrie - is as good as any team in the league when we have the ball. Our downside has been sloppy defensive errors and not being competitive in midfield. Hopefully Lee will put it right in the summer. It will be interesting to see who he signs in the summer, especially if a bit of money is freed up from releasing Michael Twiss. I'd like to see a 6'5 beast centre half (in the mould of Earl Davis), plus a ball winning midfielder (resign Anthony Danylyk) just to toughen us up, as i do feel sometimes we are a bit Arsenal / pretty football, and can't rough it when the going gets tough and we come up against physical teams.

That said, Lee's biggest challenge is keeping Damian at the club next season. I wouldn't be surprised if a few league 2 clubs came sniffing for him, and although i wouldn't blame him for wanting to play fulltime, I do hope the board are prepared to open the cheque book and make him an offer he can't refuse to stay at Moss Lane.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:12:45 PM by RocketDan »

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 08:15:27 PM »

LS needs and will be planning for next season without Damien

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 08:17:15 PM »

I would imagine any offer to damian could easily be doubled by a fair few league two teams

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 11:00:33 PM »

That's right Jenga.

C'mon the Alty.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 10:51:18 AM »

I'm contemplating leaving the country.

whopper

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 11:42:07 AM »

Unbelievable patiance, to the extent that it could be damaging to the club, and to have a pop at gh is pathetic, most fans at the ground wanted a new manager yesterday now this? Is this forum an accurate indication of alty fans true feelings

markecky

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »

This thread was started on April 2nd.

I wouldn't suggest that a 1000 home fans shows quite the level of crisis that is displayed on here.

This is a forum of about 40 people, 20 who post regularly.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 12:40:37 PM »

This thread was started on April 2nd.

I wouldn't suggest that a 1000 home fans shows quite the level of crisis that is displayed on here.

This is a forum of about 40 people, 20 who post regularly.

Ecky

Don't let a few facts get in the way of a rant!!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team