Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Danny Heffernan is heading for Australia.....

Author Topic: Danny Heffernan is heading for Australia.....  (Read 3624 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 04, 2012, 05:14:58 PM »

Anyone recollect this character?

I presume that the James Holden mentioned in the report is the one who is currently on our books?

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/non_league/s/1490372_its-danny-heffernan-joy-as-mossmen-retain-shield
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Toppers

Re: Danny Heffernan is heading for Australia.....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »

He played about 10 games for us, mostly played  out of postion, he was the ginger suicidal guy!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:37:49 PM »

Always looked good when he played for the reserves............don't hassle the Heff... :D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »

Will forever be remembered for standing still on the halfway line at Stevenage when he could get to the man, which led to a last minute defeat.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »

Will forever be remembered for standing still on the halfway line at Stevenage when he could get to the man, which led to a last minute defeat.
Remembered, and unforgiven.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 10:10:37 PM »

Point of order;
It actually led to a stoppage time equaliser, which was actually made worse by the fact we were about end an stevensge unbeatenhome record that stretched back well over a year .Can still see it clearly in my minds eye.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 10:15:54 PM »

Point of order;
It actually led to a stoppage time equaliser, which was actually made worse by the fact we were about end an stevensge unbeatenhome record that stretched back well over a year .Can still see it clearly in my minds eye.

And I can still remember the phone call!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 10:36:37 PM »

I just remember thinking "don't just stand there, you cant be knackered,youve only been on the pitch a few minutes go and Shepard the ball in that corner, your 10 yards from it and theres only you in this half of the pitch (it was that late in the game it wasnt even worth him trying to get the ball and run at goal)he just left it to run slowly towards the the corner but it was never going to go out of play.A Stevenage player ran a good 30 yards to collect the ball and keep it in play.I think it took 5 touches from somewhere between the edge of the area and the corner flag at their end to the back of our net,scandalous.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 10:47:01 PM »

Ah yes, remember now, just felt like defeat!!

Had some eventful games at Broadhall Way. The 3-0 defeat first game back in the Conference, the 1-0 win where Senior was offside but goal stood, and the 3-0 defeat where still to this day I witnessed the worst free kick ever!!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

tommyham

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 11:45:09 AM »

Anyone recollect this character?

I presume that the James Holden mentioned in the report is the one who is currently on our books?

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/non_league/s/1490372_its-danny-heffernan-joy-as-mossmen-retain-shield

It certainly was Jimmy Holden who was M.O,M, just as he was yesterday in the champions of champions semi final between cale green and chaddy end, which I watched at abbey hey fc. must admit it was a poor game though

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »

Does James Holden have to get permission from us to play for these other teams or is he free to do as he wishes? I suppose it doesn't do any harm for him to be keeping match fit but if some clogger broke his leg it wouldn't be good.
Come on Alty!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 03:38:55 PM »

Does James Holden have to get permission from us to play for these other teams or is he free to do as he wishes? I suppose it doesn't do any harm for him to be keeping match fit but if some clogger broke his leg it wouldn't be good.

To be honest I doubt he's ever gonna play for us again.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

tommyham

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »

If your not contracted on a saturday, you can play for a sunday team

RocketDan

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 08:13:25 PM »

The Ginger Zidane.

didn't he tear Abbey Hey and Trafford apart in pre-season, but turned out to be utter gash when it came to showtime in the conference?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 11:19:32 AM »

If your not contracted on a saturday, you can play for a sunday team

Thank you for the clarification.
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team