PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott  (Read 12463 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Lee Sinnott
« on: April 07, 2012, 04:54:30 PM »

JL match update 2nd half - "Alty trying but Hyde a better team". Next season starts now Lee, with some big budgets coming into this league we need to make sure we can match Hyde's dealings this year.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Sinnott
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 05:00:23 PM »

But from where,Lee will have to stick within what-ever budget the board gives him
Harold

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 05:15:52 PM »

I did my ranting last week, but Lee Sinnott has been repeating in the media since September that it's all about finishing the season strongly and being on top of our game at the business end of the season.Weve won one game in six, everyone can accept defeats, especially to decent sides.But after spewing it against poor sides time and time again, we HAD to get results in these games.It would be interesting to see what Gary Lowe did differently as he and lee both started at similar times with a blank canvas.Hyde shipped out some of their mediocrity to Altrincham, we offered all ours new deals...

The work does need to start now, and that starts with evaluating where we are and how things have inproved a year on from our last change of management.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 05:29:13 PM »

As i said in another post rebuilding starts now.
Harold

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 05:37:22 PM »

Where was the support today? I've never heard an Alty crowd so flat. There was a time in that game where Hyde sat back on their lead and gave Altrincham time and space to attack and  it was was like watching in a church.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 05:53:45 PM »

Im otherwise engaged this weekend, so i couldnt comment on todays game.But the level of support the team has received this season after last years kick in the teeth, and a woeful start to this campaign has been exceptional.We keep getting let down, and keep coming back for more.As I'm sure we'll be back for more next year.The frustrating thing is, that this club is desperate and crying out for success, and the attendances would rocket, especially considering how many still turn up week in week out.But we are always the bridesmaid.Maybe the supporters could be forgiven for calling it a day for this season..

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »

Our best league gate of the season today by quite some distance I note. 1300 in the ground for what was essentially a dead rubber for us is good. Any idea on how many through the Hyde turnstiles?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »

Our best league gate of the season today by quite some distance I note. 1300 in the ground for what was essentially a dead rubber for us is good. Any idea on how many through the Hyde turnstiles?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »

I've been quite supportive of LS, but today really pissed me off to be honest. We played our most creative player LB when we have a left footed LB on the bench. I hear Smart was poor last week but from what I've seen of him he looked ok and with Clee giving him some protection it would have been a better option. Lawrie I dont like on the left, but today he was awful.

Bringing and Phelan off and leaving Richman on was another bizzare choice.

Oh and while I'm at it Twiss was worse than ever, some of it down to not much game time, but f**k me he didn't even hold it up well.

Having said the above I didn't think there was much difference in the teams.

Not very happy but will be at Guisley to watch another T**tting.
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »

As i said in another post rebuilding starts now.

Agreed lets hope he does a better job this time around
ParkINson's red and white army

62vintage

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 08:04:20 PM »

Players playing out of position just makes it harder for us.
I do not understand why we keep playing Densmore in the middle or Clee at left back. Felt sorry for Twiss today as although he was poor he has hardly played so cannot be match fit. Richman is another I cannot get my head around he runs up and down all game but never does anything and I would have let him go months ago.
Having said that, their goalie made 2 wonderful saves today one of which came when we were a goal up and probably changed the game.   

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 08:12:15 PM »

Players playing out of position just makes it harder for us.
I do not understand why we keep playing Densmore in the middle or Clee at left back. Felt sorry for Twiss today as although he was poor he has hardly played so cannot be match fit. Richman is another I cannot get my head around he runs up and down all game but never does anything and I would have let him go months ago.
Having said that, their goalie made 2 wonderful saves today one of which came when we were a goal up and probably changed the game.   
agree with most of your post apart from Twiss he has never been match fit in 2 years and i dont feel sorry for him as i am sure he doesnt feel s orry for us
ParkINson's red and white army

finnquark

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 08:27:21 PM »

Today the problem seemed to be that whilst we want to play a passing game, we just don't have the capability to pass it out from the back. Of the back four that started the game today, only Clee looked comfortable with the ball as his feet - in my opinion that's why we were so lopsided, with the vast majority of play going down our left.
    I thought that overall there wasn't too much between the sides, except to say that we made a couple of daft errors for the second and third goals, and they looked very comfortable with the ball going forward. In the first half it seemed there wasn't a midfielder holding in the centre of the pitch for us, and they were easily able to burst through the centre of the pitch. That was stemmed a bit in the second half, but really, if you're going to give away two penalties in a game against a team top of the league, with a good set of attackers as it is, you'll probably lose.
   As for Lee, I like him, like the way the team try to play, prefer watching a team try to pass the ball and maybe be a bit flimsier than a more direct and compact style. But that is just a personal preference, so I can sort of see why some people are frustrated with various things.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »

The problem today was, as all season.
We gave the ball away, they didn't :(

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 11:14:42 AM »

Where was the support today? I've never heard an Alty crowd so flat. There was a time in that game where Hyde sat back on their lead and gave Altrincham time and space to attack and  it was was like watching in a church.

Maybe they're all too delighted at being 8/9th in the BSN to actually be able to speak!

Very telling.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott