PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott  (Read 12464 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Sinnott
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 08:39:25 PM »

Some of the stuff posted on here is unbelievable.

If some of you were to have your way we'd be changingplaying squads, managers or more likely both every other game.

Only one team can win the title and only four others can make the playoffs and I'm afraid that at present we are not one lof those two teams and nor, despite the views of some, do we have a divine right to be one of those teams.

We are going to have to show a bit of patience but will then hopefully get a team which will not only be able to get us up but also keep us up.

I wonder how long Sir Alex Ferguson would have lasted had he been managing us rather than United when he came down from Aberdeen?
are you that chap he hands the passes on the bar door?

the fella who hands the passes isn't him.

And I agree with ATS for the record.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

John Crewe

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »

If some of you were to have your way we'd be changingplaying squads, managers or more likely both every other game.

Only one team can win the title and only four others can make the playoffs and I'm afraid that at present we are not one lof those two teams and nor, despite the views of some, do we have a divine right to be one of those teams.

We are going to have to show a bit of patience but will then hopefully get a team which will not only be able to get us up but also keep us up.

I wonder how long Sir Alex Ferguson would have lasted had he been managing us rather than United when he came down from Aberdeen?

the fella who hands the passes isn't him.

And I agree with ATS for the record.

yes Clicky I understand your thinking.........you already told me in your this time next season thread that promotion and a cup run are assured next season under LS

just hope that you keep your patience if it dosent materialise?

Butty

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »

Theres a small clue in his forum name...

joe

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2012, 09:04:19 PM »

come on phil can u really see us competing under sinnot without reeves we would be terrible

This! Without Damian Reeves we would be bottom half of mid table. Sinnott is clueless!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »

He at least deserves another season.
can you clarify why?

how do you see us improving next season?

Well, for a start I think it's ridiculous that people are calling for his head after one season. it's  not like we're battling relegation and some fans on here seem to think we have a god given right to go straight back up,. We've done ok this year, not great but not bad. This is certainly no grounds for sacking a manager after 1 season?

And I see us improving by building on what we have now. I hope we will also improve through an increased budget after cutting it this year from over spending to stay up last term  and from the freeing up of wages from Twiss.

Why do you think we would benefit from changing the management team?

joe

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2012, 09:09:56 PM »

can you clarify why?

Well, for a start I think it's ridiculous that people are calling for his head after one season. it's  not like we're battling relegation and some fans on here seem to think we have a god given right to go straight back up,. We've done ok this year, not great but not bad. This is certainly no grounds for sacking a manager after 1 season?

And I see us improving by building on what we have now. I hope we will also improve through an increased budget after cutting it this year from over spending to stay up last term  and from the freeing up of wages from Twiss.

Because Sinnott has done absolutely nothing to convince me he'll do any better next season.

Butty

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2012, 10:24:54 PM »

If terminating contracts was that easy, Mr Twiss would have been unemployed several months ago. Do you really think we can afford to pay him off, and how would that affect the playing budget?

John Crewe

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2012, 10:47:39 PM »

can you clarify why?

Well, for a start I think it's ridiculous that people are calling for his head after one season. it's  not like we're battling relegation and some fans on here seem to think we have a god given right to go straight back up,. We've done ok this year, not great but not bad. This is certainly no grounds for sacking a manager after 1 season?

And I see us improving by building on what we have now. I hope we will also improve through an increased budget after cutting it this year from over spending to stay up last term  and from the freeing up of wages from Twiss.

why do I think we would benefit from changing the management team? Because the current one have not been able to structure a defence all season, are tactically inept, lack passion, have no contacts - should I go on?

Building on what we have now?

I think your banking on a) Reeves staying and b) LS working out a defence - both far from certain

Are we supposed to be satisfied with 8th or 9th in the league (as you seem more than happy with)? Sorry for me it not enough

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2012, 10:49:42 PM »

I'm not going to go over old ground with the Lee Sinnott thing but I'll just sayy thaqt trotting out the old what if United had sacked Ferguson thing is the biggest load of bollocks in football.

One, he hadn't done that bad. Two, name me another example of all the hundreds of managers in the last 20 years who've gone of to achieve success after a bad start. At best Ferguson is a 1 in 200 shot,

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 11:07:27 PM »

I'm not going to go over old ground with the Lee Sinnott thing but I'll just sayy thaqt trotting out the old what if United had sacked Ferguson thing is the biggest load of bollocks in football.

One, he hadn't done that bad. Two, name me another example of all the hundreds of managers in the last 20 years who've gone of to achieve success after a bad start. At best Ferguson is a 1 in 200 shot,

Firstly it aint bollocks as it is based upon a fact, demonstrated not only by Man Utd (just an example) but also by Arsenal and Everton (as other examples) that there may be benefit to perseverance

Secondly I feel sure that the United fans at the time felt that he had done extremely badly indeed!!

Thirdly, it can be (and has been) argued by some that we have not 'done that bad' as you describe it. Nowhere near the wrong end of the table and, with four games remaining, still mathematically capable of achieving the play-offs!!!

bumble

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 11:17:04 PM »

The problem with replacing him, is how long do you give the new guy?

Do you give him 9 months to make a instant impact?

John Crewe

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 11:20:24 PM »

its about making the right decision

and having the balls to hold your hands up and accept when a mistake has been made

do we have the balls?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2012, 11:26:13 PM »

Firstly it aint bollocks as it is based upon a fact, demonstrated not only by Man Utd (just an example) but also by Arsenal and Everton (as other examples) that there may be benefit to perseverance

Secondly I feel sure that the United fans at the time felt that he had done extremely badly indeed!!

Thirdly, it can be (and has been) argued by some that we have not 'done that bad' as you describe it. Nowhere near the wrong end of the table and, with four games remaining, still mathematically capable of achieving the play-offs!!!
your blind faith is commendable but also cringe worthy

i dont think your doing anyone any favours

Believe me pal it aint "blind faith" as you put it. I have been critical of past managers and I have some misgivings about certain elements of Mr Sinnott

HOWEVER

I am, I believe a fair individual with no predetermined agenda (last one of those related to Darren Tinson).

I am also realistic, a trait which, IMHO is sadly missing from those currently flocking to support the "knee jerk" Sinnott out movement whilst not particularly well blessed with viable, well thought out alternatives

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2012, 11:28:37 PM »

its about making the right decision

and having the balls to hold your hands up and accept when a mistake has been made

do we have the balls?

If you are calling for us to demonstrate that "we have the balls" then would you consider retaining the current management sufficiently brave?

Or maybe this course of action doesn't fit your destabilisation plan

Hamilton

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2012, 11:37:03 PM »

For what its worth ATS speaks a lot of sense.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott