PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This £5 entry offer on Saturday
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: This £5 entry offer on Saturday  (Read 10241 times)

VofD

Re: This £5 entry offer on Saturday
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 07:32:40 PM »

We seem to have this debate three times every season.
I agree there are pro's and con's, but I genuinely believe there are much more drawbacks associated with a cheap entrance fees than there are benefits.
I hear the arguement that if we don't try it, then we will never know, but nobody out there is prepared to cover the immediate financial losses that will result and the club certainly cannot afford to cover these losses even if the experiment does in fact produce long term benefits.

Unfortunately it's a vicious circle....what grows crowds is success (Fleetwood, Crawley for example)......what provides success......usually lots of money..........from crowds or a benefactor

or from winning the occasional F*****G cup game. >:( >:( >:(

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 07:57:54 PM »

Sorry VoD..........missed that one off....it's that long since we won a cup game  ::)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 09:03:47 PM »

Maybe a £5 game or even a free entry/pay what you want game needs pricing into next season.

For a strategic game when there are no other local games on, with the reduction built into the season ticket price for next year so the loyalists get rewarded for their continued support and then heavily promoted in the local area several weeks before the game.

If nothing else it would close this debate for a couple of years  ;D

VofD

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »

Sorry VoD..........missed that one off....it's that long since we won a cup game  ::)

Forgiven ;) ;)

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 09:53:51 AM »

I think Alty could put together a pretty good offer, built around attracting people to a high profile and a low profile game.

Something along the lines of a 'friends of Alty' promotion designed to get people to bring more people along. It'd need proper support and marketing though.

I'd work it around the fixture list where we've got an attractive match followed by a less attractive one and make an offer built around the two to bump up attendances for both games rather than just one. I'd also aim it that way so that any 'loss' is mitigated against the additional full price sales.

IE - everyone attending the (theoretically) decent game pays full price but gets the opportunity to take up the offer for the next game, be it a buy one get one free offer, or 2 tickets for £10 to really give it a go.

It could be abused by a few people, but on the whole the discount would be built around rewarding loyalty rather than just a cheap offer accross the board. By the same token, I can't see season ticket holders feeling they've missed outtoo much; they may feel they're losing out on a couple of quid but sure they'd see it for the greater good.

It'd need decent internal co-ordination and it should be done to also gather contact info (email addresses, or through something such as facebook) for future marketing purposes.

I'd explain it better but I'm tired; sure you can get the gist.

Jezza

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 10:06:43 AM »

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 10:50:35 AM »

Don't people who buy a season ticket end up paying slightly less than £13 per game. Why no complaints over that?

roytonmike

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 11:02:04 AM »

A season ticket (standing) bought before the end of June last year works out at £9.76 per game if you attend all League matches. The money raised through early sales helps to pay the club's bills during the close season, of course. From the point of view of a season ticket holder the idea of extending the £5 offer beyond its present limits might be OK on an occasional basis, but not too often. By the way, I trust there will be no thought of increasing admission prices for 2012-13 - unless we're in a higher league!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »

Don't people who buy a season ticket end up paying slightly less than £13 per game. Why no complaints over that?

Isn't it nearer £8 per game when you buy a season ticket (including pre season friendlies)?

If it worked out just shy of £13 there would be little point in buying one.
Come on Alty!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2012, 11:17:37 AM »

Isn't it nearer £8 per game when you buy a season ticket (including pre season friendlies)?

If it worked out just shy of £13 there would be little point in buying one.

Fair enough, I didn't know the exact figures. My point was that people are complaining about a handful of people being allowed in for £5, but don't complain about ST holders who get in for£8 (I'm a ST holder BTW).

p.s. I've no problem whatsoever with the £5 offer, any extra cash it brings in is a bonus.

GoneFishing

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 01:25:46 PM »

Anyone know how many people took up this offer and what clubs they were from? I assume 90% will be United or City but i heard supporters of Portsmouth, Stoke and Leicester have been known to wander in before.

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »

Yeah, be good to know the figures.

Cracking attendance either way.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This £5 entry offer on Saturday