+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 5,009  (Read 9474 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 5,009
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »

I honestly am not worried about Kettering, and am not sure Darlington are much of a threat.

Let's focus on getting our own house in order, and then piss this tinpot league...

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 01:09:52 AM »

I watched Chester v Vics today. Chester should have won 5-1. Vics had one attack and scored. I think Guiseley and  Hyde are  better sides than Chester at the moment. I was more impressed with Witton's 5-0 demolition of Warrington Town, which I watched in the evening.
They really should be beating teams like us

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 07:36:30 AM »

I honestly am not worried about Kettering, and am not sure Darlington are much of a threat.

Let's focus on getting our own house in order, and then piss this tinpot league...

Indeed. Kettering are another Northants footballing basket case and god knows what Darlo will look like come August. I'd have been more bothered if traditional clubs who know what this level is about such as Barrow or Southport had come down. Chester admittedly is a different case altogether, they should go straight through.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 07:39:55 AM »

If we're bigger than some Football League clubs, why are we worrying about the basket cases that are Darlington and Kettering? We can't control how other clubs are run - let's focus on us.

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 08:16:11 AM »

If we're bigger than some Football League clubs, why are we worrying about the basket cases that are Darlington and Kettering? We can't control how other clubs are run - let's focus on us.
I don't rule out the possibility that one or both of these clubs could fold in the summer, giving an AGM cup reprieve to the 20th club in our league (Histon ?) and possibly Blyth Spartans as well.

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 08:36:43 AM »

Think its time for Rocket Dan/Daycare Dan/Dan Dare to catch a rocket, hopefully to the moon, does he even go to the games anymore?

RocketDan

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 09:13:47 AM »

Think its time for Rocket Dan/Daycare Dan/Dan Dare to catch a rocket, hopefully to the moon, does he even go to the games anymore?

I think you have me confused with someone else, i'm the first one.

By my reckoning i've been to 15 home games and 8 away games this season - so yes I do get to my fair share of games (although admittedly i didn't bother with Guiesely). At times we have played some very good stuff, but we have been very inconsistent and have been undone by tactically naivety from Sinnott and poor levels of concentration and defending. This season has been one step forward, two steps back.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 09:17:13 AM »

In all honesty, I really thought we would be up there challenging this year. That's the optimist in me though, and also a massive dose of naivety as I didn't realise how difficult this league is, being 'newer' (5 years in) in my Alty allegiance.

I don't think it is being "too optimistic" to expect the team to improve on finishing 8th/9th next season... if we had developed a central defensive partnership and if just a couple of results had gone differently we would be right in the middle of it now... I don't think its crazy to talk about a playoff push next year?!

Yes, the Reeves issue is hanging over us, and we all want to hear the magic words that he is staying, but I'm confident that the Club and Manager are doing all that they can to make that happen.

I for one am excited about next season, and looking forward to seeing who the Manager brings in.

Ascot Alty

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »

How do you judge a big club?

On attendance, former glories, ground size, playing budget, wages paid, stoppers, toilet facilities, lottery, blah blah blah f**king blah.

We're up there, but by no means a given for the title. Still I think we are entitled to expect a challenge. We're big enough to compete so nothing else matters.

And can we stop berating the manager cos he had two years off, it means f**k all 9 months in, he should have shaken the rust off by now. If thats the excuse then we should never have given him the job. If the excuse is that it was a 2 year plan and we now have a good footing to sign 7 or 8 players that will improve us by 15-25 points next season then im happy.

Mybe we just need the club to communicate LS's feeling on his 'plan' a bit more often instead of media friendly responses to repeatedly underacieving performances.

brian1925

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 09:57:46 AM »

Due to work/family commitments I have not been able to attend as many matches as I would have liked this season, but I can see that LS is slowly beginning to put his own side together. I honestly believe that this season we have been just one centre back away from getting into the playoffs, so we shouldn't be too disheartened. True, 20 odd games without a clean sheet is very difficult to justify (particularly with an ex-pro defender as our manager) and some of the substitution decisions against FC United were abysmal, but I too believe that LS will get it right next season. If we keep Reevsey and sign an Earl Davis or a Greg Young at centre half we'll be just fine. In my opinion it is a mediocre league and our games v Hyde and Guiseley surely confirm this and of the teams coming into the league next season (Chester excepted) we should not worry too much. We must stand together, keep the attendances up and support the manager completely.

bumble

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 10:39:01 AM »

5,009 for arguabally the biggest game in their history...

money doesnt equal success - to win this league you need consitency, luck and a decent defence

whopper

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 10:57:30 AM »

money doesnt equal success - to win this league you need consitency, luck and a decent defence

hyde have got a better manager and younger faster and more talented players with a better brand of football, ps is that pic of twissy warming up? ;)

Graham

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 10:58:59 AM »

I watched Chester v Vics today. Chester should have won 5-1. Vics had one attack and scored.

Don't know what game you were watching. 1-1 was a fair result, Vics were on top until Chester made their subs and we went down to 10 men. Chester will be a threat to the BSN purely on size and budget and their obvious attraction for the top players.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 02:38:39 PM »

I watched Chester v Vics today. Chester should have won 5-1. Vics had one attack and scored.

Don't know what game you were watching. 1-1 was a fair result, Vics were on top until Chester made their subs and we went down to 10 men. Chester will be a threat to the BSN purely on size and budget and their obvious attraction for the top players.
Chester had 2 shots cleared off the line and 2 other chances and Michael Wilde should have won them the game in injury time. The Vics came for a point and nearly got the win. If Witton had played the Vics yesterday Witton would have torn Northwich apart.
They really should be beating teams like us

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 05:14:51 PM »

Chester city are a league one club, regardless of what they are called this week, and will more than likely piss the conference north next season
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team