Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how many of our fans play/played football?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: how many of our fans play/played football?  (Read 12640 times)

Butty

Re: how many of our fans play/played football?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 12:34:51 PM »

Played in goal for Stretford Victoria Junior teams for the past 10 years, until our team folded last summer. I can proudly say that in all the years I have played against Altrincham Juniors, a certain Mr Watmore never scored past me

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 03:01:16 PM »

i used to sweat of a hangover on king georges palying fields every sunday morning with the doyons of footbll like socrates,jimmy,ecky,ballers and moses to name a few of the all stars that played. :D :D
FFS

The General

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 04:41:46 PM »

I Played with Mark robins (Ex Man Utd) up front for Chadderton in my youth days (and out scored him for three seasons) and Trained with and played one game for Kaisers Lautern Youth Team in Germany.....I Manage a local youth side now .......may appply for Lees's job if it becomes available....(player manager maybe !!!!! ..no not at the age of 42)....Sod It as long as I could come on as sub and crunch Frank sinclair ;)

thegazelle

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »

wayno

Not sure this pen name can be allowed surely there is only one "the general ", maybe a game of pool preceded by 8 pints of strong cider in the slow and easy to decide who is "the general"

;D ;D

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 06:27:01 PM »

wayno

Not sure this pen name can be allowed surely there is only one "the general ", maybe a game of pool preceded by 8 pints of strong cider in the slow and easy to decide who is "the general"

;D ;D
you crack me up you do

I would like to publicly state i am not the aforementioned general

However a game of pool and 8 pints sounds fun but after your display on the pool table at your old hotel and pre the Northwich game i cant see myself winning !!

Ps you will always be the general
ParkINson's red and white army

MrB

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »

Yea I played, i was king of the wing for Shevington from 1995-1997 (i was 11) but started losing my pace as I grew up..moved in to the central position as I controlled the game and made opportunities.
I decided to hang up my boots at the age of 15, unlike so many of these stars today I thought it was best to end on a high..highest goal scorer in High School.
I believe in 2008 a Joe Wright beat my record by 2 goals, but they started playing 3 extra games a season in 2007 compared to when I was playing.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2012, 10:14:12 PM »

Played for Altrincham Albion along with Ray,we were the first team from Alty to play in the Wythinshawe sunday league around 1968/69 season,we took over from a team that got kicked out if i remember.Also played for my school in New zealand,Lower hutt,where i learnt to play (fingers down the throat time) Rugby Union

I remember those days H, Nigel Tomlinson was a member of our team, Steve Mason's dad was the manager, Happy days  - We played on some terrible pitches  :D

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2012, 04:58:35 AM »

Played for British Airways in the Wythenshawe Sunday League. I was offered a trial at Man City but what my Dad said is not repeatable. I was not good enough for Alty neither was I Scouse! Plus I supported Guinness as well as Alty!!!!

John Crewe

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »

Im waiting for john crewe to come on here and tell us his career, ballers was good wasnt he?

just local football mainly

then reserves from about 1987, proudest moment was the handful of first team games i played

joe

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2012, 06:22:53 PM »

Im waiting for john crewe to come on here and tell us his career, ballers was good wasnt he?

then reserves from about 1987, proudest moment was the handful of first team games i played

Which local teams John?

John Crewe

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2012, 07:08:26 PM »

Which local teams John?

Sunday league around Altrincham and Warrington, and Mid Cheshire on a Saturday

Then when I moved away sunday league in Bradford and then in Darlington and Durham

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »

Irlam Catholic Club on a saturday then Flixton Village sunday a.m and Woolston p.m well I was young and single and B & Q didn't exist thank god.

whopper

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2012, 08:43:11 PM »

Irlam Catholic Club on a saturday then Flixton Village sunday a.m and Woolston p.m well I was young and single and B & Q didn't exist thank god.
is irlam cc still there?

joe

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2012, 11:44:23 AM »

Which local teams John?

Sunday league around Altrincham and Warrington, and Mid Cheshire on a Saturday

Then when I moved away sunday league in Bradford and then in Darlington and Durham

Which Altrincham Sunday League teams did you play for John? I played against you a few times but can't remember who you were playing for!

John Crewe

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2012, 08:56:03 PM »

I played for a few Star Inn, Navigation and Pelican

where did you play?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how many of our fans play/played football?