PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics part 27583
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vics part 27583  (Read 7189 times)

bumble

Vics part 27583
« on: April 13, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/northern-premier-league---press-statement-8647/

Following a hearing on Friday 13th April 2012 Northwich Victoria Football Club have been found guilty of failing to comply with League Rules 2.9.2, 2.9.3 and 14 b 4 relating to financial matters.

The membership of the Northern Premier League has been terminated with effect from the end of the current playing season and the club will not be allowed to participate in this seasons promotion play-offs.

markecky

Re: Vics part 27583
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »

What about this concernign Woodley Sports, weren't they advertising for a full time manager and full time squad or something...

WOODLEY SPORTS

In a following hearing Woodley Sports Football Club were charged with failing to comply with League Rules 2.5, 2.6 and 8.5 relating to Ground Grading Criteria and Security of Tenure compliance.

Woodley Sports Football Club were found guilty on the three charges and will be relegated at the end of the current playing season to a level determined by the Football Association. The club will not be allowed to participate in this seasons First Division North Play Offs if they qualify.

Both clubs have the right to appeal this decision to the Football Association.

The League or its officers will not be making any further comments until such time as the appeal process has been exhausted. A statement will be made in due course relative to the qualifying teams and dates of the Premier Division Promotion Play Offs [and possibly First North] which will be impacted by this decision.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:47:34 PM »

There goes our Xmas derby and six easy points  >:(

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 12:13:25 AM »

If Vics was an animal it would be put down!

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 06:28:32 AM »

If Vics was an animal it would be put down!
It is, and I think it's about to be.

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 09:49:28 AM »

Hi ladies and Gents, I come in peace, very angry at the moment with Rushe and his cronies, kicked out of 2 leagues, no ground, no league as it stands and he still refuses to admit his incompetence - he is appealing the decision, but how and why is beyond me (his lawyers name is Mr Bean - I sh*t you not!).

The Trust has started the wheels moving on founding a new club in the NWCL so it may be many years before we lock horns again in a meaningful fixture.
 If any of you want to log in to our forum and let this plank know what the loss of a true football rivalry means, not to mention nearly 140 years of football history, then feel free.

For what it's worth coming from a green, good luck for the rest of the season and for next season too - at least you will have one! :-\

Robin Reliant

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 10:13:28 AM »

Hi ladies and Gents, I come in peace, very angry at the moment with Rushe and his cronies, kicked out of 2 leagues, no ground, no league as it stands and he still refuses to admit his incompetence - he is appealing the decision, but how and why is beyond me (his lawyers name is Mr Bean - I sh*t you not!).

The Trust has started the wheels moving on founding a new club in the NWCL so it may be many years before we lock horns again in a meaningful fixture.
 If any of you want to log in to our forum and let this plank know what the loss of a true football rivalry means, not to mention nearly 140 years of football history, then feel free.

For what it's worth coming from a green, good luck for the rest of the season and for next season too - at least you will have one! :-\

I for one think that you should have done that when the your old ground was sold out from under you.
Good Luck with your new venture.......we might not be the greatest of friends, but no fans deserve the sort of treatment that you have had.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »

I for one think that you should have done that when the your old ground was sold out from under you.
Good Luck with your new venture.......we might not be the greatest of friends, but no fans deserve the sort of treatment that you have had.
totally agree
ParkINson's red and white army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 10:48:35 AM »

We're about to lose one of our oldest and bitterest rivals. It's a truly sad day when it comes to something like this. Without our rivals even part of ourselves is missing and all because of idiots like Connett and Rushe who don't know the first thing about football clubs and their fans. Good luck to the fans with the new club and I mean that most sincerely. Here's to a Christmas derby v the slime one day in the not too distant future!
Come on Alty!

bigcol

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 11:05:27 AM »

I hope that when the Phoenix club firms we can arrange a friendly.

markecky

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 11:45:40 AM »

Rivalry aside its dreadful news.

Another reason why I never want one man to be in charge of Alty, investment or no investment.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 12:25:22 PM »

Sad news indeed,and i have a connection to Vics,my grandfather played for them.Good luck to the fans though.
Harold

York Alty

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

I hope that when the Phoenix club firms we can arrange a friendly.

pre season friendly??

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 06:57:08 PM »

We have seen a number of Phoenix clubs do well in recent years, Chester, Halifax, Wimbledon etc.  Those all have excellent support - 1000 plus hardcore fans.  Runcorn are more similar to Vics, hardcore support in the hundreds at best. Consequently I fear they will take a hell of a time to get back up to the level they've played at this season.  Sorry Vics fans.

C'mon Alty...

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 09:22:22 PM »

We have seen a number of Phoenix clubs do well in recent years, Chester, Halifax, Wimbledon etc.  Those all have excellent support - 1000 plus hardcore fans.  Runcorn are more similar to Vics, hardcore support in the hundreds at best. Consequently I fear they will take a hell of a time to get back up to the level they've played at this season.  Sorry Vics fans.

C'mon Alty...

I agree with that. The key is that Chester and Halifax were able to carry on at their existing ground, and Wimbledon have a much bigger support base. Vics will probably have to start from zero, like Runcorn Linnets have done.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics part 27583