PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves Daily Mail article
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Reeves Daily Mail article  (Read 39066 times)

markecky

Re: Reeves Daily Mail article
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 01:34:59 AM »

Well that looks like goodnight Vienna then.

I was told from a good source that the club are talking all the time to him about staying (and I don't think that's talking out of school) and doing all they can to keep him.  

Sadly from that it seems he does want to go back in the league...and we can't compete with that.

We'll all wish him well I'm sure, I just hope he doesn't go to some wanky new money club like Forest Green where if the main man gets bored the pay cheque seem to get delayed.  He has been to Histon and Northwich before where the promise of big money has gone sour.

At least at Alty he'll get his money every week..come on Reevesy..you know it makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:38:46 AM by markecky »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 02:00:01 AM »

sooo, thats nicky clee in action right? some poor scout will come watch him on a good day, see him score and think they have a 40 goal a year striker...

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:04:31 AM »

sooo, thats nicky clee in action right? some poor scout will come watch him on a good day, see him score and think they have a 40 goal a year striker...

That's also last years kit if i'm not wrong. If that's what they've watched then they only think they're getting a 19 goal striker in Reeves....right?  :'(

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 07:37:08 AM »

Damian deserves another crack at league football after such a superb season.I always felt if he had more game time last season we would've stayed up.Whatever he decides, he has been a fantastic servent to the club.I just hope it's the right decision for him, and a decision thats made swiftly either way with next season in mind.

bumble

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 08:22:37 AM »

Well that looks like goodnight Vienna then.

I don't it's it's quite that certain yet

I think the right deal would have to be there. Especially if it's a FT club

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »

I don't think anyone would blame Damian for taking a big money offer from a League club, he was never going to go under the radar with this season's performance.

Nothing less than he deserves. Still got everything crossed that he will stay though!

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 04:37:53 PM »

I don't think anyone would blame Damian for taking a big money offer from a League club, he was never going to go under the radar with this season's performance.

Nothing less than he deserves. Still got everything crossed that he will stay though!

Sums up my thoughts exactly.  Have to hope he will stay, but we have to look options without him for next season.

bumble

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »

I'd like to see us trial Josh Wilson of Vauxhall if Reeves were to go, scored 18 goals at Vauxhall this season

Im sure he'd link up well if we were to keep Mcgivern

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »

I'd like to see us trial Josh Wilson of Vauxhall if Reeves were to go, scored 18 goals at Vauxhall this season

Given his slightly dodgy record of maintaining personal relationships and idiotic sending off against Halifax, I think he'd have to do something of note in the last couple of games to earn a contract.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 05:06:49 PM »

Reevesy was one of the two who I thought would go at the end of the season (the other being his Yorkshire pal).

Mr Sinnot you best get you arse out there and find some decent defenders or we will be in the sh*t big time next season

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 05:06:56 PM »

Given his slightly dodgy record of maintaining personal relationships and idiotic sending off against Halifax, I think he'd have to do something of note in the last couple of games to earn a contract.

He'll be suspended for one of them!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 05:15:38 PM »

If, as was suggested on Saturday, Leighton was sent off whilst at Vauxhall, his suspension will be a minimum of two games

bumble

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 05:17:46 PM »

Plenty of players have has worse disciplianry records in the last year or so - and people want one of them back.....

He doesnt seem to have been as petulant as I expected compared to way he acted against us

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »

If, as was suggested on Saturday, Leighton was sent off whilst at Vauxhall, his suspension will be a minimum of two games

Phil,

He did receive at least one red card during his spell with Vauxhall Motors this season......and it was also against FC Halifax Town:

http://www.halifaxafc.co.uk/page/HalifaxMatchReportDetail/0,,10437~2557450,00.html

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves Daily Mail article