PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves Daily Mail article
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Reeves Daily Mail article  (Read 39101 times)

Hamilton

Re: Reeves Daily Mail article
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 05:34:47 PM »

Back to the subject in hand; is Reevesy still on a contract after the end of the season? Can we make sure he is given one - even with a clause to say we can sell him to a league club etc

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »

Reeves is a free agent in the summer. With all due respect, why would anyone sign a contract if there was a strong possibility of a big move to a league club in the offing?
Come on Alty!

Butty

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »

Reeves is a free agent in the summer. With all due respect, why would anyone sign a contract if there was a strong possibility of a big move to a league club in the offing?

Im sure if someone wanted him that much theyd be able to dip into the transfer funds, I wouldn't mind if he signs a contract just so we get a fee for him

bumble

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 05:58:01 PM »

I know the board will do everything they can to keep him here, but should damien go onto FL

thats two strikers that have gone on to league football and we've not seen a penny for it...

(Can i make it clear im putting nobody to blame for this)

markecky

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 06:20:55 PM »

Im sure if someone wanted him that much theyd be able to dip into the transfer funds, I wouldn't mind if he signs a contract just so we get a fee for him

Eh???  Why on earth would he sign a contract to make it harder for people to sign him?

That would be barmy..

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 06:37:27 PM »

The problem is, I suppose, that if Damien DOES fancy another crack at full time in the League, he can go back to his plastering at any later stage. It's not a skill he's going to lose after all.

I personally don't think he's quite League standard, and this season he's revelled in being at his correct level, but if he were to prove me wrong I'd be delighted for him.

Hamilton

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 07:02:46 PM »

ianwatmore ‏ @ianwatmore 
You know you are officially past it when you only get into the papers because of your children's exploits!

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 09:14:14 PM »

Damian Reeves is the reason we're 8th and not 14th.

I think he will only move if its League Two or above. Why would he relocate himself to a full-time Blue Square Premier club for £700 p/w when he can get more money playing part time and continuing as a plasterer?

He's said that he will only sign for someone if the deal is completely right for him. I'm no expert on the plastering business but I imagine that a new (and more lucrative) part-time contract with us, plus being able to continue his weekly trade will bring him close to £1,000 p/w when you consider the goal bonuses that he could be on.

The same principle about BSP teams can be applied to the Football League by my reckoning. Will he really want to move hundreds of miles away for an extra £100/£200 p/w? Especially if his partner is pregnant.

Perhaps its just wishful thinking, and he definitely deserves League football, but you never know...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »

Some bsp clubs prob could offer close to maybe even a grand a week

Butty

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 09:21:05 PM »

Eh???  Why on earth would he sign a contract to make it harder for people to sign him?

That would be barmy..

The point I'm making is that people will be willing to pay for him, so better to get the money someone is willing to pay than not receive a penny

Bath Alty

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 09:25:20 PM »

But why would Damien sign up for a contract so that Alty can get £7k fee when, if he's not on a contract, he can push the new club to pay him a £5k joining fee seeing as how he has taken the risk of not signing a contract at Alty to save his new employers a bob or two.

Which is the point Mark was making

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 09:26:45 PM »

That would be barmy..

The point I'm making is that people will be willing to pay for him, so better to get the money someone is willing to pay than not receive a penny

Yes, we get the point.........it's just completely misguided !!

Maybe there's a full time club out there that also needs a part time plasterer  ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 11:54:40 PM »

I personally don't think he's quite League standard, and this season he's revelled in being at his correct level, but if he were to prove me wrong I'd be delighted for him.

Respectfully Phil, to have scored the number of goals he has this season would suggest to me that he may be playing at a level just a tad below his correct level. maybe BSP is about right

(not that I am in any way saying I don't want him here next season, although I suspect it's more likely that I will Referee the next World Cup Final)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 12:14:44 AM »

Another possible influential factor relates to exactly who gets promoted from the BSN.

If either of Guiseley or FC Halifax Town (or even both) go up, surely they would be interested in trying to sign Reeves (and possibly Nicky Clee, too) whilst being in a position to offer him a more lucrative salary than us?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 07:37:50 AM »

Another possible influential factor relates to exactly who gets promoted from the BSN.

If either of Guiseley or FC Halifax Town (or even both) go up, surely they would be interested in trying to sign Reeves (and possibly Nicky Clee, too) whilst being in a position to offer him a more lucrative salary than us?

Quite so, but the lad wants to play League.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves Daily Mail article