PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves Daily Mail article
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Reeves Daily Mail article  (Read 39080 times)

Jezza

Re: Reeves Daily Mail article
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 07:42:35 AM »

wouldn't damian sign a contract which has a clause saying we would release him for no up front fee, just a sell on percentage clause?

that way we may get something in the long term?

I'm surprised we didn't do something with this with jack redshaw so that morecambe could have had him but if they ever sold him we would get a percentage.....

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 08:42:03 AM »

I personally don't think he's quite League standard, and this season he's revelled in being at his correct level, but if he were to prove me wrong I'd be delighted for him.
Respectfully Phil, to have scored the number of goals he has this season would suggest to me that he may be playing at a level just a tad below his correct level. maybe BSP is about right
(not that I am in any way saying I don't want him here next season, although I suspect it's more likely that I will Referee the next World Cup Final)

You couldnt do any worse than that nob at Wembley the other day ATS  ;)

markecky

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 09:47:44 AM »

wouldn't damian sign a contract which has a clause saying we would release him for no up front fee, just a sell on percentage clause?

I'm surprised we didn't do something with this with jack redshaw so that morecambe could have had him but if they ever sold him we would get a percentage.....

If this is serious (I honestly can't tell) then no player would sign anything that could harm a transfer move and have no gain for them.

Butty

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »

If this is serious (I honestly can't tell) then no player would sign anything that could harm a transfer move and have no gain for them.

So what happened to the Reeves who you praised for staying with us this season despite turning down offers from better clubs and not being a money grabber?

whopper

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2012, 05:53:54 PM »

Think we have to stop this cave man attitude of calling players who leave
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:38:27 PM by clementine george p wilderbeast III »

markecky

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 06:11:02 PM »

So what happened to the Reeves who you praised for staying with us this season despite turning down offers from better clubs and not being a money grabber?

I think you're on a windup but you're an experienced poster on here so I can't be sure.

It was great that Reeves turned down other offers mid season to stay with us and fulful his contractual obligation. 

He has done that now and is free to listen to all offers (including ours) and decide what he would like to do.

Would you sign a form that would make it less attractive to get a move? 

I'm being serious when I say whats in it for him to do that, it's not money grabbing, it would just be odd for him to do that.

You can't be suggesting he is a money grabber surely?

Butty

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »

We know it, the club hopefully knows it and I'm sure that Reeves himself knows it that he is wanted- and if a club wants a player, they will be willing to pay for him. We seem to be disagreeing on the point that, just because he is contracted, doesn't mean a FL club will turn around and go- sod it, we'll just pay over the odds for someone else

markecky

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 06:55:05 PM »

We know it, the club hopefully knows it and I'm sure that Reeves himself knows it that he is wanted- and if a club wants a player, they will be willing to pay for him. We seem to be disagreeing on the point that, just because he is contracted, doesn't mean a FL club will turn around and go- sod it, we'll just pay over the odds for someone else

We're disagreeing on the fact that there is no reason to sign a contract with Alty first?

He knows he can take Altys offer at pretty much anytime (certainly up to pre season anyway) so he is surely just going to listen to the other offers first before he signs anything.

Perhaps I'm being odd here but I don't believe any player would do or has done what you are saying, I know I wouldn't do it for sure.

Butty

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »

For the club's sake maybe, being the kind of people him and his family are? The contract IMO wouldn't be an obstacle

bigcol

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 07:17:18 PM »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »

Obstacle or not; what good would it do him?

He'd probably still get a deal if he did sign a contract but it'd be more limited as some of the clubs who would've signed him, wouldn't. From his perspective there is absolutely no benefit, it's just a hindrance.

Exactly.  From Reeves' point of view, if you want away and want as big a selection as possible of potential clubs to choose from, why on earth would you sign a token contract that would provide no financial benefit and deter some clubs from showing an interest?

Hamilton

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 07:48:28 PM »

Solution: he signs a contract with Alty allowing him to move for free to a league club as long as there is a sell on clause. Does that work?

markecky

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 07:55:03 PM »

Solution: he signs a contract with Alty allowing him to move for free to a league club as long as there is a sell on clause. Does that work?

WHY!!!!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 07:59:12 PM »

His only loyalty as an ambitious player, and soon-to-be father, must be to himself and his family. I'm sure that if he does go, and comes up against us with another club, he too will show the respect that Chris Senior did at Guiseley.

Hamilton

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »

WHY!!!!!

Just a thought!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves Daily Mail article