PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Slightly Off Topic but Great News IMHO
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Slightly Off Topic but Great News IMHO  (Read 7811 times)

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Slightly Off Topic but Great News IMHO
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 11:35:30 PM »

Let's hope he remembers who his friends are when he refs the Final!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

whopper

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 09:11:53 AM »

Really happy for him having been in the same primary school class as him, he's not afraid to dish cards out or tell players they are on a final warning no matter what the circumstances, nice lad too

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »

The FA Trophy final is between two teams - York City and Newport County, not the Referee.
And neutral fans such as myself will be going to be entertained by the players and hopefully not the officials.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »

I don't think anyone has suggested that you might go there to watch the Referee (that is for sad, other Referees like me)

However I don't think it unreasonable to highlight it when a local bloke and Alty fan is successful in his chosen career and that success is recognised by a 'plum' appointment. And when sais chap is as well known to as many people as Ant is I would say that is even more reason to bring his success to the attention of the forumites.

Many apologies if my initial post has caused you offence

John Crewe

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 08:27:44 PM »

I don't think anyone has suggested that you might go there to watch the Referee (that is for sad, other Referees like me)

However I don't think it unreasonable to highlight it when a local bloke and Alty fan is successful in his chosen career and that success is recognised by a 'plum' appointment. And when sais chap is as well known to as many people as Ant is I would say that is even more reason to bring his success to the attention of the forumites.

this is not a refereeing forum ATS

the ref should be seen and not heard

we not on here to discuss you and your ilk

Butty

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 08:29:44 PM »

So after every 'wrong' decision, why is that the only person most people are willing to discuss?

John Crewe

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 08:33:17 PM »

speak for yourself Butty

i never have come on to discuss referee, but have many times come on to discuss manager and players - only to be happy clapped by some more patient than me

markecky

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 08:36:11 PM »

speak for yourself Butty

i never have come on to discuss referee, but have many times come on to discuss manager and players - only to be happy clapped by some more patient than me

Discuss away but don't get upset if not everyone agrees with you.

ATS post was about a local lad who has done well and had been to Alty a fair few times.  Seemed fair enough to me...

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 08:44:34 PM »

Unbelievable

I for one think that anyone who has success in his chosen field deserves praise. Thanks Phil for bringing this to our attention.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »

speak for yourself Butty

Discuss away but don't get upset if not everyone agrees with you.

ATS post was about a local lad who has done well and had been to Alty a fair few times.  Seemed fair enough to me...

And me, we've had many more "non-Alty relevant" threads in the past and referees,and refereeing decisions have formed a major part of them.

Apologies in advance to the grammar referees for excessive use of conjunctions.  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Slightly Off Topic but Great News IMHO