PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who is this clown?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Who is this clown?  (Read 14417 times)

markecky

Re: Who is this clown?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 12:01:12 AM »

He told us that we would be no problem today.

We ran them pretty close, including hitting the bar, so maybe we weren't just a "silly" team after all.

Fair play to the lad though, looks like he has the skills to back it up.

I stand by the fact that if an Alty player had done it, we would never have got the points that we needed.

I'm just very very very glad that we didn't need a point today to get into the playoffs and were denied by that decision.

A mile offside.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 12:15:19 AM »

I think we can let her off as she was cute

joe

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2012, 12:17:54 AM »

Her house must be filthy!!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2012, 05:17:44 AM »

It was offside and it was missed by a linesman (!) who struggled to keep up with play for the last 20 minutes of the second half. Mistakes happen, but it was still not good enough at this level of football.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 07:06:32 AM »

It's a football match, not a tea dance, you make huge mistakes and your going to get pelters from a paying public.If she'd kept up with play she would have been ok, but it's a case of being able to read the game.And everyone is entitled to an opinion, and mine is that ladies should officiate ladies football, and men officiate men's football. I'm not interested in the politics of it, this I a sport not a council office,football isnt run like any other business.Its just a good job we didn't need a point to get a playoff place.Anf for what it's worth a thought the ref was dreadful yesterday as well, is he also beyond reproach or can it be pointed out they he too was useless?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:22:15 AM by Socrates »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 09:09:52 AM »

I was directly in line and I'd like to see the alty tv footage first,  I thought at the time it was close as the ball was being played one of our defenders was stepping up so it depends on the timing, either a fantastically timed run or a mile offside.  I guess we'll find out soon.  The sexist comments were over the top.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2012, 09:16:47 AM »

It's a football match, not a tea dance, you make huge mistakes and your going to get pelters from a paying public.If she'd kept up with play she would have been ok, but it's a case of being able to read the game.And everyone is entitled to an opinion, and mine is that ladies should officiate ladies football, and men officiate men's football. I'm not interested in the politics of it, this I a sport not a council office,football isnt run like any other business.Its just a good job we didn't need a point to get a playoff place.Anf for what it's worth a thought the ref was dreadful yesterday as well, is he also beyond reproach or can it be pointed out they he too was useless?

Pete

I have PM'd You

Phil

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »

Can't really see why not being able to keep up with play is anything to do with her gender.
There have been plenty of similar posts about the failings of male liners.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2012, 09:38:41 AM »

Its because girls are rubbish at running

Jezza

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »

they let you down and don't turn up for work when the kids have measels or they get pregnant again and demand time off to have a baby.....surely that's not good for the game

taxi Phil

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2012, 10:27:30 AM »

they let you down and don't turn up for work when the kids have measels or they get pregnant again and demand time off to have a baby.....surely that's not good for the game
I'm pretty sure the young lady has been here before, and on that occasion she had a good game. I also thought she did well yesterday until THAT incident. I was practically plumb in line, and she wasn't. I'll be amazed if the footage doesn't prove she was wrong. But anyone can make a mistake, and the abuse that followed can't have helped her subsequent performance which, for me, fell below the standard of her earlier efforts.

OK, cost us a point, but luckily an irrelevant one. Bring on next season.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2012, 10:41:34 AM »

Less of the sexist comments please gentleman. He unfortunately proved we are average and that is not the problem of liner (of any race, sex or creed).  The player himself should just do what he does best just play football.

Roll on next season!

John Crewe

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2012, 11:50:20 PM »

do you not feel a bit silly now?

it was onside!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2012, 11:55:04 PM »

For once John I agree with you

I wonder if there will be any acknowledgement of the apparently correct decision from those who were so strident yesterday?

taxi Phil

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 12:27:03 AM »

For once John I agree with you

I wonder if there will be any acknowledgement of the apparently correct decision from those who were so strident yesterday?
From the camera angle it looks closer than it did yesterday. I was in line with it. I STILL don't accept that it was onside, and I was better placed to judge than was the referee's assistant.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who is this clown?