News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Damian Reeves

Author Topic: Damian Reeves  (Read 6028 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Damian Reeves
« on: April 28, 2012, 05:50:28 PM »

Amid all the disappointment of today and the speculation about our squad and prospects for next, I would like to once again register my appreciation of and awed admiration for Damian's staggering achievement this season. 44 goals in 42 games is a quite incredible return and I fully expect it to be by far and away the greatest goal-scoring season by an Altrincham player in my lifetime.

Whatever the future holds for him, I wish Damian all the best. He has been absolutely superb this season and a pleasure to watch.

Robin Reliant

Re: Damian Reeves
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:55:08 PM »

Amid all the disappointment of today and the speculation about our squad and prospects for next, I would like to once again register my appreciation of and awed admiration for Damian's staggering achievement this season. 44 goals in 42 games is a quite incredible return and I fully expect it to be by far and away the greatest goal-scoring season by an Altrincham player in my lifetime.

Whatever the future holds for him, I wish Damian all the best. He has been absolutely superb this season and a pleasure to watch.

And so say all of us.....thanks Damian, hope to see you next season ( in an Alty shirt).

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »

Thanks for all your efforts Damian, they deserved so much better but we came up short.

We'd all love you to stay and help get us promoted next season, perhaps you could go for 50 goals next season?  ;)
Come on Alty!

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »

He's not that good; he didn't score today!  ;)

Amazing season for him. Thank you Damo and all the best wherever you end up (especially if its Moss Lane!)

markecky

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 12:04:18 AM »

Thank you Damian.  Been a joy to watch you.

It's by no means certain that he will leave us yet.  It's my understanding that it will take a league club to get him away and negotiations on pay rises are still ongoing.

If he does go he goes with my best wishes.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 07:16:31 AM »

I agree Ecky.

I spoke to him afterwards in the bar yesterday. I said if we are going to have to lose him, I can stomach it more if he goes to a league 1/2 club. I said don't go into the conference, you are better than that. I would rather he stayed but I am resigned to the fact that it may have been the last time I spoke to him.

I also said it would have to be a deal that tops non league wages plus your trade job, and put your family first. A footballer should always have a trade other than football, but I'm not sure he heard that, but I hope he stays. I hope when I made the comment about not going into the conference - eg; Macc! - and he replied - I wont be going - he meant he was staying with us. Lee told me later in the evening that he was doing his best to try and persuade him to stay.

Here's hoping, but in all honesty he does not owe us anything. Great season Damien, well done and thanks for everything - particularly the lovely turn and hit against Stalybridge. That was my 37th season, and nobody has ever scored more in front of me!!

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »

An Alty legend, yes you read it right, LEGEND!

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »

An Alty legend, yes you read it right, LEGEND!
We've used this word loosely on previous occasions, but Damien has earned the right to it. Phenomenal !

bigcol

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 10:46:47 AM »

I can't wait till we re-sign him in a couple of seasons when he's played at a higher level/been shat on from a great height (delete as appropriate).

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »

it's time to put a picture of Damian in the top right of the page.

Perhaps the board should offer him wages of whatever he was getting paid plus Twiss' wage packet on top.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »

I can't wait till we re-sign him in a couple of seasons when he's played at a higher level/been shat on from a great height (delete as appropriate).
Don't wave those handkerchiefs quite yet. The fat lady hasn't even reached the theatre !

bumble

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 11:08:18 AM »

it's time to put a picture of Damian in the top right of the page.

Perhaps the board should offer him wages of whatever he was getting paid plus Twiss' wage packet on top.

I concur... Or possibly top left?

What's the size? I'll have a go later...

ben11

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 02:51:11 PM »

well played damian great season and i wish you the best

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 05:30:33 PM »

I often talk about how I've never seen Alty do anything good, being born well after the glory years, and the highlight of my time as supporter so far has been seeing Alty finish midtable BSP.

But now, I can say, I saw the legend that is Damian Reeves, and saw most of his brilliant goals.

Alty legend, your record is there to stay!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

bumble

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »

I often talk about how I've never seen Alty do anything good, being born well after the glory years, and the highlight of my time as supporter so far has been seeing Alty finish midtable BSP.

But now, I can say, I saw the legend that is Damian Reeves, and saw most of his brilliant goals.

Alty legend, your record is there to stay!

+1
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Damian Reeves