PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eleven players signed up
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Eleven players signed up  (Read 12014 times)

VofD

Re: Eleven players signed up
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 10:51:03 PM »

Richman.FFS. ??? ??? ???

mikealty

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 10:53:22 PM »

Richman.FFS. ??? ??? ???
I suspect you've not seen him on too many occasions then, or maybe you've only seen him when he's being played out of position. He's not a bad player!

VofD

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 11:00:42 PM »

I have seen every home match this season and several away. He is , in my opinion, not up to this standard.It may well be the case of "old pals act" that he gets a game. ??? ??? ???

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 11:12:39 PM »

Who's old pal is he then?

markecky

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 12:05:15 AM »

He has been shifted about a bit but I thoink he has got better as the season went on and he is only 22.

He played 37 games for Worcester last season at this level and was young player of the year at Port Vale 4 years ago (thanks Wikkipedia).

The guy isn't Lee Sinnotts best friends son who turns up with his boots...

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 03:38:42 AM »

Glad about all the resignings for next season, excellant the club have got it sorted so soon - keep ahead of the game.

I know some seem unsure about McGivern, but give him time to settle in first. Can you imagine the pace we will have up front, aside from Damien Reeves, if we played Leighton and Duncan together - could be a good banker that one, especially if we lose Damien. Sorry but I do not think Leighton McGivern will be a bit-part player next season, he is better than that. Dunan also has huge potential, and I think that Leighton and Duncan together will be pretty awesome. I do hope that Damien stays though, or if not we find a good replacement.

Lee has done well so far with his releases and retains - lets give him and Tols  and the board some credit.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 09:37:21 AM »

I also think that, should Damian leave, in a funny way it might benefit McGivern - he'll become the main man, which is what he was at Vauxhall, plus Damian and Leighton are probably too similar to be a natural partnership. If we replace Damian with more of a second striker type, then we might see the best of McGivern.

Clearly though the best thing would be if Reeves stays.

jacksparrow

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »

Glad to see things happening early , I think Reeves signing would be a massive boost and may help the club attract better players . Matt Fearon finished the season at Clitheroe after playing regularly and Sam Grimshaw played the last six games ( every minute ) for Radcliffe Borough , if well managed by the club these two along with Watmore and Reid are the future and apart from Duncan not the present , in a couple of seasons with Fearon and Grimshaw the full backs and Reid in goal , thats half a defence !!! and free too !

bumble

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 10:10:54 AM »

Good to see us move swiftly...

So just waiting on Smart and Reeves now I think...

It's a good core group, and atleast 5 (Watmore, Coburn, Clee, Lawrie, Phelan) should be starting most weeks

It's been said before, but having a bit of constancy could be key in our title/playoff challenge next season
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:17:35 AM by Stoke Alty »

John Crewe

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 12:15:21 PM »

Lee has done well so far with his releases and retains - lets give him and Tols  and the board some credit.

LOL

John Crewe

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 12:17:30 PM »

This club has been built on hot headed scousers over the years, let's see a few more of them as well.

You were asking for a change of direction this time last year

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2012, 01:23:16 PM »

Good start in my view. Id like Smart to sign (don't know what stopping him) but he does need to get fitter.

McGivern hasn't impressed yet but he's the same sort of player as Reeves, so will improve if Reeves does go.

Matt Flynn will be waiting to see if a BSP club make a move. The CB's are going to be the biggest signings that will make or brake next season. God knows how many pairing we had last season but none were good enough.

Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »

This club has been built on hot headed scousers over the years, let's see a few more of them as well.

Out of interest,seeing as you would release the 20 goals a season striker that we got for free after only 7 starts, who would you bring in to replace him?

John Crewe

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »

Out of interest,seeing as you would release the 20 goals a season striker that we got for free after only 7 starts, who would you bring in to replace him?

McGivern? I never said he should be released

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2012, 02:12:51 PM »

But you don't think we should be looking for heart on sleeve types? My remark about change in direction was in relation to the bordering on incestuous approach to manager recruitment that's run through the club for decades. Quinn, Ward,Sinnott all on a hiding to nothing due to being relative outsiders in their appointment.People need to get behind the manager, the season has gone, and it was poor by what everyone expected in terms of a promotion challenge.But he's going no where for now, there's more outrage and dissent at us finishing 8th in this league than there was at us getting relegated so miserabley last season despite having so many chances to salvage ourselves.Lets see where we are in October, until then we can only trust that the recruitment policy this year will be better than last year.And that we can tempt a better calibre of player as there's more budget available hopefully, as we aren't paying for "lawn mowers" or bizarre signings on over inflated wages and contracts.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:46:37 PM by Socrates »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eleven players signed up