PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eleven players signed up
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Eleven players signed up  (Read 12013 times)

John Crewe

Re: Eleven players signed up
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 02:59:30 PM »

But you don't think we should be looking for heart on sleeve types? My remark about change in direction was in relation to the bordering on incestuous approach to manager recruitment that's run through the club for decades. Quinn, Ward,Sinnott all on a hiding to nothing due to being relative outsiders in their appointment.People need to get behind the manager, the season has gone, and it was poor by what everyone expected in terms of a promotion challenge.But he's going no where for now, there's more outrage and dissent at us finishing 8th in this league than there was at us getting relegated so miserabley last season despite having so many chances to salvage ourselves.Lets see where we are in October, until then we can only trust that the recruitment policy this year will be better than last year.And that we can tempt a better calibre of player as there's more budget available hopefully, as we aren't paying for "lawn mowers" or bizarre signings on over inflated wages and contracts.

but now you want to see a return to what the club was built on (your exact words)

change in direction? incestuous approach for decades (your exact words)

make your mind up!

how inconsistant

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2012, 03:04:41 PM »

John, the incestuous approach Socrates refers to is the previous policy of appointing ex-players as managers, without regard to managerial pedigree, not about having want it scousers playing for us. Surely that is clear? It is to me. You clearly have some strange agenda pal.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:09:14 PM by SW »
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »

But you don't think we should be looking for heart on sleeve types? My remark about change in direction was in relation to the bordering on incestuous approach to manager recruitment that's run through the club for decades. Quinn, Ward,Sinnott all on a hiding to nothing due to being relative outsiders in their appointment.People need to get behind the manager, the season has gone, and it was poor by what everyone expected in terms of a promotion challenge.But he's going no where for now, there's more outrage and dissent at us finishing 8th in this league than there was at us getting relegated so miserabley last season despite having so many chances to salvage ourselves.Lets see where we are in October, until then we can only trust that the recruitment policy this year will be better than last year.And that we can tempt a better calibre of player as there's more budget available hopefully, as we aren't paying for "lawn mowers" or bizarre signings on over inflated wages and contracts.

but now you want to see a return to what the club was built on (your exact words)

change in direction? incestuous approach for decades (your exact words)

make your mind up!

how inconsistant

To be fair to John Crewe, he is nothing if not consistent...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 03:08:25 PM »

So you essentially agree with me then mr Crewe

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 03:48:05 PM »

I'm pretty happy with that group. It's the makings of a decent squad.

I'm hopeful that Phelan and McGivern will be better after a full pre-season with the team.

As everyone else has said, next season is likely to hang on whether we can put together a decent defence. Unfortunately I think tight defences are built over more than one season.
It would be a minor miracle if we managed to build a miserly defence for the first half of next season from where we are at the moment.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2012, 04:33:51 PM »

I really hope that we have a FULL squad and keep loans to the absolute minimum.
IMO it was the lack of a regular line-up that ruined our chances this season.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »

It wasn't quite that. It was the poor recruitment that necessitated the constant loaning and choppoing and changing.

That goes for the season before as well incidentally.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 04:57:10 PM »

It wasn't quite that. It was the poor recruitment that necessitated the constant loaning and choppoing and changing.

That goes for the season before as well incidentally.

Fair comment

Hamilton

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2012, 11:36:07 PM »

NICKY SIGNS UP

In the adjacent photo, we see a sight to gladden Alty hearts as popular wingman, Nicky Clee, meets chairman Grahame Rowley and signs up for his fourth season at Moss Lane.

bumble

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2012, 08:01:21 AM »

I thought he'd signed up already?

markecky

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2012, 08:04:38 AM »

He'd already agreed to sign up, this is just a photo of him trying to sign his contract through an A4 clear plastic wallet...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:26:30 AM by markecky »

bumble

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2012, 08:15:02 AM »

He'd already agreed to sign up, this is just a photo of him trying to sign his contract through an A4 clear platic wallet...

Ahh! I see

Robin Reliant

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2012, 10:22:22 AM »

He'd already agreed to sign up, this is just a photo of him trying to sign his contract through an A4 clear plastic wallet...

;D ;D ;D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 11:04:30 AM »

And here's me thinking this was a book signing event outside Waterstones in Huddersfield.......Great Crosses Which Have Gone In : Nicky Clee the  Autobiography  ;).........the book could do with being a bit thicker actually  ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 03:09:09 PM »

And here's me thinking this was a book signing event outside Waterstones in Huddersfield.......Great Crosses Which Have Gone In : Nicky Clee the  Autobiography  ;).........the book could do with being a bit thicker actually  ;D

It's heartening to see Nicky Clee already wearing our away kit for next season.

What a club man.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eleven players signed up