PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 One REALISTIC player you'd like to trial/sign
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: One REALISTIC player you'd like to trial/sign  (Read 4887 times)

York Alty

Re: One REALISTIC player you'd like to trial/sign
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »

Vics keeper looked OK when I saw him.  Very very windy night and only one game.  Forgotten his name...

he is the One REALISTIC player you'd like to trial/sign?

i see very few games sorry to say.  Really can't comment on blokes I've not seen play.  So yes, the one player I'd give a trial to would be the Vics keeper.  Difficult conditions but he did very well.

if you had seen more games you would know that are problems are the defence not the goal keeper

Stu has again had a good season and came second in the fans player of the year!

so to name a goal keeper as your One REALISTIC player you'd like to trial/sign is ludicrous

No it's not.  It's based on reality.  Is it realistic for Stu to go forever?  No, course it isn't.
The question set was 'one realistic player you'd like to trial/sign'.  The one player I have seen this season that'd be worth a look at is that keeper.  Not really sure what your difficulty in understanding that is but hey ho - it's all part of the rich fabric of human existence.

John Crewe

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 07:00:23 PM »

Vics keeper looked OK when I saw him.  Very very windy night and only one game.  Forgotten his name...

i see very few games sorry to say.  Really can't comment on blokes I've not seen play.  So yes, the one player I'd give a trial to would be the Vics keeper.  Difficult conditions but he did very well.

if you had seen more games you would know that are problems are the defence not the goal keeper

so to name a goal keeper as your One REALISTIC player you'd like to trial/sign is ludicrous

No it's not.  It's based on reality.  Is it realistic for Stu to go forever?  No, course it isn't.
The question set was 'one realistic player you'd like to trial/sign'.  The one player I have seen this season that'd be worth a look at is that keeper.  Not really sure what your difficulty in understanding that is but hey ho - it's all part of the rich fabric of human existence.

from your own admission you have seen very few games this season. It is clear that due to this you do not truly understand the problems we have had this season

prehaps you should not post on threads such as this? you clearly do not understand the issues at hand

if your reality is that the One REALISTIC player you'd like to trial/sign is a replacement for Stu Coburn I am very very happy to say we do not share the same realities

dopamine

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 07:28:08 PM »

Signing a player doesn't automatically mean replacing him.  The player suggested is a viable player as in he should be in our reach - if he wants to come admittedly possibly to play 2nd fiddle to Stu why should we complain? (Adam Reid might though!)

"One realistic player" doesn't mean "one realistic player in the positions I deem to be those in which we have failed the most this year"!

Hamilton

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 07:36:38 PM »

from your own admission you have seen very few games this season. It is clear that due to this you do not truly understand the problems we have had this season

prehaps you should not post on threads such as this? you clearly do not understand the issues at hand

if your reality is that the One REALISTIC player you'd like to trial/sign is a replacement for Stu Coburn I am very very happy to say we do not share the same realities

John, why are you making such a big issue of such a perfectly innocuous and potentially interesting thread? If you don't agree with York Alty then just say so and that a new 'keeper is far from a priority? I would happen to agree with you, personally, but no harm in checking up on  a back up to England's No1.

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 07:40:10 PM »

Did I say replace?  Nope.  It is clear that the simple question posed was "one realistic player" - what's unrealistic about the Vics keeper?  

Yes, there may well be other players out there that will contribute better.  Yes, you've seen more games than me but there are people who have seen more games than you John - what is your threshold number of games to permit people to comment?

I love this forum, and all the Alty fans out there.  There's too few of us as it is so...

John Crewe - I LOVE YOU.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 08:46:57 PM »

What's not to love? John Crewe is a delightful man, beloved to the members of this forum.

Whilst you York Alty are a menace to Altrincham society. Get off this thread, with your limited knowledge of players, you rapscallion, you!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

York Alty

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 09:36:14 PM »

What's not to love? John Crewe is a delightful man, beloved to the members of this forum.

Whilst you York Alty are a menace to Altrincham society. Get off this thread, with your limited knowledge of players, you rapscallion, you!

Should I change my name to 'Social Leper'?

Hamilton

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 09:48:45 PM »

Cyndi Lauper??

York Alty

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 09:49:29 PM »

Cyndi Lauper??

Anybody seen her play?

Hamilton

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »

Cyndi Lauper??

Anybody seen her play?

Decent up front!

John Crewe

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 12:56:36 AM »

Did I say replace?  Nope.  It is clear that the simple question posed was "one realistic player" - what's unrealistic about the Vics keeper?  

Yes, there may well be other players out there that will contribute better.  Yes, you've seen more games than me but there are people who have seen more games than you John - what is your threshold number of games to permit people to comment?

I love this forum, and all the Alty fans out there.  There's too few of us as it is so...

John Crewe - I LOVE YOU.

Its not the best way to spend limited budget - Adam Reid is perfectly good back up for Stuart

There is no threshold number of games to permit people to comment - but common sense should be applied - for example I dont comment on games I have not been to
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 One REALISTIC player you'd like to trial/sign