PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 England euro 2012 thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: England euro 2012 thread  (Read 47489 times)

RocketDan

Re: England euro 2012 thread
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 06:21:19 PM »

Think my first choice XI would be something like this:

Hart

Walker           Cahill       Jones       Cole

Walcott        Scholes       Barry       Young

Sturridge            Welbeck

York Alty

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 06:35:47 PM »

Grant Holt.

whopper

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »

Think my first choice XI would be something like this:

Hart

Walker           Cahill       Jones       Cole

Walcott        Scholes       Barry       Young

Sturridge            Welbeck

replace jones with terry, and welbeck with crouch and we have a balanced team, apart from barry and scholes being the slowest players in the tournament!

fuertes

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »

Aside from his severe personal flaws, John Terry will be crucified by any top European striker.

The man shouldn't be in the squad, let alone the starting XI.

whopper

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 08:07:15 PM »

Aside from his severe personal flaws, John Terry will be crucified by any top European striker.

utter rubbish, you dont beat barca over two legs and not have a world class centre back

RocketDan

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »

utter rubbish, you dont beat barca over two legs and not have a world class centre back

Terry spent a good hour of it in the bath!

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 08:15:56 PM »

if john terry is in the squad i wont be watching....I like milner and johnson but they may be suffering lack of match fitness....I'd also have micah richards in the side...I am unconvinced by wellbeck and would also like to see holt given a go...I like the centre back pairing of cahill and jones and would definetly go with that....

whopper

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »

Dan mate the guys a good centre back and puts his head on the line, look at us last tine against germany bloody upson, johnson, barry and james all totally out of their depth! terry will play im sure

whopper

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 08:24:57 PM »

Oh and another thing, i dont think rooney should be involved in the freindlys as its right to give the starting strikers time to work together, also if.... and its a big if.. we play well against france and sweden then rooney can wait his turn unlike some fans who think we are a one man team

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 08:42:36 PM »

I have 2 teams Alty and England neither are world beaters but i love them both
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »

just to continue the argument debate, Upson's central defence partner against germany in that 4-1 humiliation was one Mr J Terry who got equally pulled to pieces and indeed stepped forward instead of goalwards to allow the 2nd goal.......just saying....he can also be seen strolling (and i mean strolling) into the penalty area out of position for germany's 3rd....

and the last thing england need is for some hothead to get himself sent off coz some spaniard gets him all upset.....hence I also agree Rooney should not be in the friendlies and should have to fight to get into the team if we start well and should be chomping at the bit on the subs bench....

incidentally what rooney did to get himself sent off and banned was not that different to joey barton's behaviour at the weekend...

bumble

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »

I have 2 teams Alty and England neither are world beaters but i love them both

Three lions could quite easily be about akty

whopper

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »

I understand he has pace issues, but as long as you have pace either side of him ie not upson and maybe instead cahill he can be a talisman and protect joe hart well.

Tottaly agree with you on rooney, its hardly fair on the strikers that start for him to come straight in against ukraine

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »

I support England and want us to do well, but I know we will fail. We will get out of the group and as soon as we play a decent side,we'll be out.

As for playing, Rooney should go, though agree he shouldn't be used in the friendlies. Terry is a horrible, horrible person. Brilliant captain, but such a horrible person he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt. We have plenty of centre halves who can do a job in the group stages, and potential world class players that need the tournament experience (ie Jones). Upfront, he's not everyones cup of tea, but Crouchs record speaks for himself and should go.

Thank God for the Euros though, a summer with football before the main business starts again.

'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

York Alty

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 09:51:08 PM »

I support England and want us to do well, but I know we will fail. We will get out of the group and as soon as we play a decent side,we'll be out.

As for playing, Rooney should go, though agree he shouldn't be used in the friendlies. Terry is a horrible, horrible person. Brilliant captain, but such a horrible person he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt. We have plenty of centre halves who can do a job in the group stages, and potential world class players that need the tournament experience (ie Jones). Upfront, he's not everyones cup of tea, but Crouchs record speaks for himself and should go.

Thank God for the Euros though, a summer with football before the main business starts again.

and the bit above is enough for me, as a bit of an old fart, to say "Sorry John, you're not playing. You're not in the squad, and the reasons are..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 England euro 2012 thread