News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sunday's non league paper

Author Topic: Sunday's non league paper  (Read 3057 times)

bumble

« on: June 01, 2012, 06:41:29 PM »

Sunday's "Where Are They Now" feature focuses on the @altrinchamfc side of 1979-1980. Alliance Premier League Champions! #amazingtaches

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday's non league paper
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »

A surprisingly decent article that is well worth tracking down, especially if you were privileged enough to watch those players in action for Alty.

I'm reminded once again that some sort of tribute to Tony Sanders by the club is long overdue.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

thegazelle

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 03:51:12 PM »

Can it be reproduced some how for us ex pats ? would love to read it and yes the Sanders tribute is way way overdue.

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 03:54:12 PM »

Can it be reproduced some how for us ex pats ? would love to read it and yes the Sanders tribute is way way overdue.

Please on both accounts

Robin Reliant

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »

Please on both accounts

And again

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 11:23:29 PM »

Had the joy of meeting many of Tony's team on Thursday at Noel White's dinner, including Tony himself. A great coach. JO, JD, JK, MB, BW, GH and IM.

It was a great night, and Tony was on good form.

I feel so priviledged to know these guys... and it says alot for them that they also remeber so many of the fans from those great days.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 12:57:34 PM »

Had the joy of meeting many of Tony's team on Thursday at Noel White's dinner, including Tony himself. A great coach. JO, JD, JK, MB, BW, GH and IM.

I feel so priviledged to know these guys... and it says alot for them that they also remeber so many of the fans from those great days.

OK, Bogman, I may just be being completely slow today, I know all the other initials, but who is IM from that era?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 01:01:30 PM »

OK, Bogman, I may just be being completely slow today, I know all the other initials, but who is IM from that era?

That'll be Ian Morris UG tut tut.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 01:27:11 PM »

erm very sadly MB cannot be Mickey Brooke so that'd be mal bailey then...had me confused for a moment...

the official website has a summary of the article and a photo of the legendary line up....

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 02:45:41 PM »

That'll be Ian Morris UG tut tut.

Ahhhh, of course, although he was almost out of the picture by our first season in the APL when I became a 'real' regular......flimsy defence I know, I'm off to get the sack-cloth and ashes
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

george

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »

Nick, Scanning the initials you mentioned. I think you omitted JR, so let's not forget JOHN ROGERS/
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team