PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rename the Golf Road End competition
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Rename the Golf Road End competition  (Read 10708 times)

mikealty

Re: Rename the Golf Road End competition
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 11:21:29 PM »

People are overreacting with the whole purist approach here, it's not like we'll be selling our soul or anything to some Sports Direct type big business, it'll probably end up staying as the Golf Road End anyway or at least something relevant to the club so what's the big deal?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 08:51:52 AM »

People are overreacting with the whole purist approach here, it's not like we'll be selling our soul or anything to some Sports Direct type big business, it'll probably end up staying as the Golf Road End anyway or at least something relevant to the club so what's the big deal?
i agree its little surprise we dont attract big sponsership to the club that we desperatley need with these sorts of narrow minded approaches
ParkINson's red and white army

Jenga

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 12:37:43 PM »

What I find totally disgusting is the fact that people have their opinions on something are then called all the names under the sun for it and feel like they cant put forward their opinon. it is a forum for voicing opinions, not a forum for slagging people off for having an opinion. Not just this thread but many many threads.

And yes I am throwing my dummy out - AGAIN.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:53:25 PM by Teaser »

Butty

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2012, 01:26:55 PM »

What I find totally disgusting is the fact that people have their opinions on something are then called all the names under the sun for it and feel like they cant put forward their opinon. it is a forum for voicing opinions, not a forum for slagging people off for having an opinion. Not just this thread but many many threads.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Humans don't always agree

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2012, 01:32:13 PM »

Nobodies called anyone names, just disagreed with other viewpoints which is basically what you're advocating. Other than stuff like "narrow minded". Not an insult just a disagreement!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

markecky

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2012, 01:52:34 PM »

Where's the name calling?

markecky

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2012, 01:59:25 PM »

Golf Road End - End of.

It would be more pleasing to rename the Chequers end for a season.

Golf Road is the home end. Chequers End name does not have as much importance to the home supporters, particuarly as the Chequers club no longer exists.

Please consider this as an option and leave the Golf Road End as it is.

Thank you.

I take it you're not aware that "The Chequers End" has had about 5 different sponsors names since the closure of Chequers, including the current name of "The Carole Nash and Family Terrace"?

And evidently none of which anyone uses to call the terrace by.

So its not really affected anyone calling it the chequers end has it, so turning down money on some pretence that it changes the whole dynamic of the club is rather an over reaction I'd say.

Jenga

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »

I am sorry for my opinion - I wont do it again it will avoid me being a called a knob etc.

bighairedmike

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 02:11:27 PM »

I am sorry for my opinion - I wont do it again it will avoid me being a called a knob etc.

Nobody called you a knob. Grow up.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 02:18:44 PM »

What you're really saying is "sorry for my opinion. I won't do it again, someone might disagree with me!"
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

markecky

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 03:01:07 PM »

Eh?  Who called you a knob?

If you were referring to me in the "name calling" then I said that anyone who can't see that the cash benefits against any loss of tradition was short sighted. I didn't call anyone a knob.

And I said you can still call it what you like, and proved the point by the fact you said we should rename the chequers end when it was renamed 10 years ago.

That's my opinion as well, when two opinions differ it turns into a debate.

I've not called you anything (and I'm not the only one who has said its a strange outlook)

The family stand and main stand have been sponsored for years, I really don't see the issue.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:15:51 PM by markecky »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 03:12:33 PM »

This competition has been going for a couple of years now. Other stands at the ground have been sponsored for a few years now.

If this displeases you then so be it, however it's odd that we are having this argument now?

Jenga

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »

What a bunch of knobs on this forum.

Enough said.

Jezza

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 09:23:38 PM »

can't tell you how annoying it is to see a good club initiative that has actually been running for several years get criticised by those who (being kind) haven't quite grasped the full story.

Being fair maybe these folk need a gentle bit of patient educating...the temptation is always there to get aggressive and insulting....I actually went for sarcasm....

but we are all alty fans but so are those organising these fundraisers....and having been involved in fundraising in the past when a scheme is announced any support is very gratefully recieved but any negativity is very hurtful.

whopper

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »

At last this forum is actually having a debate, forgot about it for a while
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rename the Golf Road End competition