PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FACup 2012-3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: FACup 2012-3  (Read 19266 times)

York Alty

Re: FACup 2012-3
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 11:40:40 PM »

Auld left footers for ya... ;D
yep. except in this case they were violent auld left footers...

mikealty

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 11:47:03 PM »

Here was me thinking latin was just a catholic thing ie ambrose
The one year of Latin I did there was dreadful, possibly the single most uninteresting and pointless subject I have ever been taught.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 11:49:36 PM »

I actually found it to be a very interesting subject tbh.

The root of many a contemporary language, very prominent in medicine and law even to this day and, as Taxi Phil said earlier, REALLY useful when tackling crosswords

Hamilton

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 11:55:54 PM »

The root of many a contemporary language, very prominent in medicine and law even to this day and, as Taxi Phil said earlier, REALLY useful when tackling crosswords

Excellent subject to take on the sciences and maths because of the great logic and discipline in learning the language.

Butty

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2012, 02:15:21 AM »

Brought up in Ambrose on a rugby field, a thugs game played by gentlemen I think you'll find

Robin Reliant

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »

Brought up in Ambrose on a rugby field, a thugs game played by gentlemen I think you'll find

As opposed to that gentlemen's game played by.......us? ;)         ;D ;D

York Alty

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2012, 11:31:43 AM »

Disagree. Rugby Union at Ambrose was a thugs game played by thugs encouraged by adult thugs.  It was the only sport that mattered and if you didn't like it or weren't good at it then you were made to suffer.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »

Here was me thinking latin was just a catholic thing ie ambrose
The one year of Latin I did there was dreadful, possibly the single most uninteresting and pointless subject I have ever been taught.

Excellent subject to take on the sciences and maths because of the great logic and discipline in learning the language.

Its all Greek to me!  ;)

thegazelle

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2012, 04:06:38 PM »

SW remarkably it wasnt julian wide that i had my disagreement with cant remember his name could it of been Langford . anyway he refused to have me in his class so i had to do somethingg else cant remember what . amazing how many public school boys on here. WHGS complete waste of my parents very hard earned money and they really couldnt afford it. however i turned out ok look at me !!! they did however teach me how to drink .  school camp age 13 getting served inthe white hart . progressed to the crown and theakstons as soon as i was able (15) as i had worked out dominoes bitter was sh*t .
Oh god i loved Hawes (and still do ) spelling is correct there.

Hamilton

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2012, 10:40:19 PM »

SW remarkably it wasnt julian wide that i had my disagreement with cant remember his name could it of been Langford . anyway he refused to have me in his class so i had to do somethingg else cant remember what . amazing how many public school boys on here. WHGS complete waste of my parents very hard earned money and they really couldnt afford it. however i turned out ok look at me !!! they did however teach me how to drink .  school camp age 13 getting served inthe white hart . progressed to the crown and theakstons as soon as i was able (15) as i had worked out dominoes bitter was sh*t .

Ditto MGS! Some of the teachers truly inspirational, but shouldn't have been for me.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2012, 01:15:45 AM »

Indeed, most of London Alty are Altrincham Grammar School old boys, though Hendo's time on Marlborough Road predates the rest of us by a good 50 years. :D

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »

Got to agree with york about ambrose over rated in the early 80 s and most of the teachers especially the christian brothers were sadistic wayne kerrs

York Alty

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2012, 01:41:34 PM »

Got to agree with york about ambrose over rated in the early 80 s and most of the teachers especially the christian brothers were sadistic wayne kerrs

They were the least christian people I have ever met. 

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »

All organised religion should be consigned to the dustbin of history.....

....and so endeth my sermon for the day that's in it

......but, please god, let's have a decent cup run this season
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

fuertes

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2012, 01:59:42 PM »

I'd gladly take reaching the First Round proper and losing to a Conference team.

Not particularly ambitious, but it would restore my faith somewhat to see us actually win three cup ties in a row. Our record in recent years must be one of the very worst of any team in the top two tiers on Non-league.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FACup 2012-3