PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Abbey Hey - MATCH DAY THREAD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Alty v Abbey Hey - MATCH DAY THREAD  (Read 12224 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty v Abbey Hey - MATCH DAY THREAD
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2012, 03:26:02 PM »

Is Matt Doughty a genuine contender?
Would be fantastic to have him back!!

thegazelle

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »

2  own goals sign him up

bumble

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »

4-0 (Lawrie pen, Lawrie goal

bumble

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »

4-0... FT

Jezza

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2012, 05:56:28 PM »

can't take too much from the first pre season game....it was interesting though....the two new centre backs looked a different class in particular in bringing the ball out, dunacan 'head up' looked really good but 2-0 flattered us a bit at HT....2nd half we ran them ragged with what appeared to be most of our youth team and they tired very quickly.

Special shout out for their No2 'tyler' (presumably named after bonnie or maybe rose tyler from dr who?) who looked straight off the jeremy kyle show and took the whole thing rather too seriously and was subbed before he got sent off for getting upset when players made the most of it after he'd scythed them down.....

all in all it's a nice little friendly place to go for the first pre season match despite the surroundings and the air gun pellett dents in the back of the terracing...

taxi Phil

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2012, 08:19:19 PM »

A mention for our first half no 11, a triallist who looked pretty decent. Produced the best piece of skill in the whole game before being cynically hauled down by the aforementioned Tyler. Liked the fact that Hall and Havern don't just lump it, but can play a 30 yard pass ! Brooke and Mitchley showed some nice touches, but we'll know more after they've faced more experienced defenders. And I confess, I DID eat all the pies  ;D

Hamilton

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2012, 10:25:54 PM »

I notice Ashley Young played for us. was he better than he was playing for England?

joe

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »

I notice Ashley Young played for us. was he better than he was playing for England?

He can't have been any worse!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »

He can't have been any worse!!
He was a pale shadow of THAT one !  ;)

arnald

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 12:02:40 AM »

what was the attendance

Jezza

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2012, 04:39:51 AM »

I'd guess there was about 150 there?

oh and we all liked ash didn't we?...looked a good right back and reminded me of jason glagher...but that may have been the tan...

taxi Phil

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2012, 10:36:55 AM »

I'd guess there was about 150 there?

oh and we all liked ash didn't we?...looked a good right back and reminded me of jason glagher...but that may have been the tan...

I thought he had a look of Jason about him too. And he looked useful if not brilliant.

bumble

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2012, 12:02:59 PM »

First-Half Team

DENSMORE - played RB and put in a few decent tackles - Be interesting to see if he's RB or CM next season

HAVERN - only Abbey Hay, but commanded the back line well and quite happy for Coburn to roll/pass to him and not feel the need to shoot/play it over the top

HALL - same for Hall

GRIMSHAW - didn't see much of the ball down the left really - would want to see more from him before a decision is made

WATMORE - (aka The Dunc) Ran rings around their LB cutting inside and potentially a huge threat next season - caused the FK for the 2nd goal, and scorer of the 1st

RODGERS - a little sloppy in his passing at time (only his first game though) - he is, however, Huge  and protected the defence. He won't run the show but he will allow the wingers/other CM to get foreward

MATHER - a new trialist - Moved to Woodley from New Mills and looked lively first half. We've quite a few strikers now, however I'd like to see him up against better defenders

BROOKE & MITCHLEY - Played well and chased down things despite the heat and perhaps lack of fitness with it only being week 3 of training. Mitchley (i think) nearly scoring goal of the season

2nd half team
12. Matt DOUGHTY - our token ex-player - didn't stand out but it was only game 1

6. Greg PEARSON - not sure who he was? Guessing the CB

Ashley YOUNG (aka Ash) I thought he played well, can pick a pass - I'd like to see more of him in the next few friendlys

Matthew FEARON - bit rash in his tackles at times but he could learn a lot from Rodgers

Derryn OFORI and Denico WALTERS - I'm starting to think George runs a sprinting academy as our youth strikers are rapid! These 2 lads were like better Mullhollands. I'd love to bring on Denico Walters and Watmore last 10 minutes to run at tired defences - thought they played well yesterday - perhaps trying to do much at times (for instance, tried to curl it tip corner from 7 yards out rather than smashing it in) but they never stopped running (Walters is no longer eligible for the youth, and Ofori has 1 year left)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:13:08 PM by Stoke Alty »

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »

Those two strikers were good athletically but I really don't think they looked anywhere near up to standard yet. People around me agreed they didn't look like they knew what they were doing. Sorry but not anywhere near bsn standard yet!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

bumble

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2012, 12:11:33 PM »

Those two strikers were good athletically but I really don't think they looked anywhere near up to standard yet. People around me agreed they didn't look like they knew what they were doing. Sorry but not anywhere near bsn standard yet!

Didn't say they were the finished article but a lot of potential.

One of the lads has another year with George, whilst Walters has to find and senior club. They played some great football down the right hand side with Young and Lawrie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Abbey Hey - MATCH DAY THREAD