PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Abbey Hey - MATCH DAY THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Alty v Abbey Hey - MATCH DAY THREAD  (Read 12272 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Alty v Abbey Hey - MATCH DAY THREAD
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 12:12:49 PM »

Those two strikers were good athletically but I really don't think they looked anywhere near up to standard yet. People around me agreed they didn't look like they knew what they were doing. Sorry but not anywhere near bsn standard yet!
This.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »

To be honest mate just think its going a bit far saying they are "better mullhollands" and you want denico on the bench when they basically stuggled against a nw counties side
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

bumble

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2012, 12:40:27 PM »

To be honest mate just think its going a bit far saying they are "better mullhollands" and you want denico on the bench when they basically stuggled against a nw counties side

I didn't think they struggled At all  (considering his age and it being his first game).

I didn't  say he ran the show exactly but I don't see over the course of the season why we wouldn't put him on the bench now and again?

Having his pace alone on the bench Would be useful especially against some of the lesser sides

It's not like I'm demanding him to be on every team sheet. But from the 45 minutes he got today he is an interesting prospect.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:44:01 PM by Stoke Alty »

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 12:53:55 PM »

Let's see what the rest of pre season brings then.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

bumble

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2012, 12:54:55 PM »

Let's see what the rest of pre season brings then.

Hopefully 7 clean sheets!

Ashley young young young!

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2012, 08:53:15 AM »

Loved the picture of James Lawrie 'celebrating' after scoring a penalty on Saturday.
No one celebrates quite like Alty!!

Jezza

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2012, 09:22:25 AM »

for me the two young forwards emphasised the need for alty to either have a reserve side or some agreement with a developing side to bring these lads on and bridge the gap between youth and 1st team...the two lads as well as a few others from the youth team were a breath of fresh air and provided absolutly scintillating pace, great entertainment and some good technical skills....some lad stood next to me commented it was like watching brazil....it's a real shame one of them is now too old for the youth team but possibly we'll have to let go as he is possibly just not quite developed enough for the 1st team BSN standard.....they actually ripped the NW Counties side's defence apart I thought for half an hour albeit they were fresh and the defence was already tired.

Comments like not knowing what they were doing are harsh to say the least, one of the lads won the penalty and the other did a fine assist for lawries goal.....obviously they are not the finished article but they showed real potential...only lacking in a bit of stamina and finishing ability once they'd worked their way brilliantly into scoring positions....to be fair some of the established players looked rusty and sluggish..

Good luck to the lads I say, a credit to george heslop who i am pleased to say had the professinalism to wear a suit on saturday!  ;D

Robin Reliant

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »

for me the two young forwards emphasised the need for alty to either have a reserve side or some agreement with a developing side to bring these lads on and bridge the gap between youth and 1st team...the two lads as well as a few others from the youth team were a breath of fresh air and provided absolutly scintillating pace, great entertainment and some good technical skills....some lad stood next to me commented it was like watching brazil....it's a real shame one of them is now too old for the youth team but possibly we'll have to let go as he is possibly just not quite developed enough for the 1st team BSN standard.....they actually ripped the NW Counties side's defence apart I thought for half an hour albeit they were fresh and the defence was already tired.

Comments like not knowing what they were doing are harsh to say the least, one of the lads won the penalty and the other did a fine assist for lawries goal.....obviously they are not the finished article but they showed real potential...only lacking in a bit of stamina and finishing ability once they'd worked their way brilliantly into scoring positions....to be fair some of the established players looked rusty and sluggish..

Good luck to the lads I say, a credit to george heslop who i am pleased to say had the professinalism to wear a suit on saturday!  ;D

Agree,but can we afford it?

Jezza

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2012, 04:13:57 PM »

probably not....an agreement with a developing club would be advantageous...sort of a feeder club to alty...you'd have to find a club of the right standard who would be in need of players like our too old youth players who struggle to get hold of them otherwise.

I know it's a difficult and probably impossible gap in the system to fill I'm just commenting on it

what tends to happen is they either disappear out of football altogether or turn up somewhere like fleetwood or morecambe via a few years at trafford or flixton and spend the next ten years full time and banging in goals for fun.....then someone comments "didn't we have him in our youth team once?"...and the cult comes up with a date and match none of us can remember and several statistics on the match including george heslop's choice of  sock colour ...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:15:53 PM by Jezza »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Abbey Hey - MATCH DAY THREAD