PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Invasion game!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Invasion game!!!  (Read 136388 times)

RocketDan

Re: Invasion game!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »

I'd love an away tie to Truro city in the cup.

Get some st. Austell ales and a bit of Cornish rattler down...

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 06:46:24 PM »

/quote]

SW i normally agree with you perspicacious comments however this time you are talking bollocks proper beer should have a creamy head boddingtons poured without the dogs dick was not worth paying for and beers like Tetleys, Timmy Taylors, Theakstons etc are better for this method of dispense. you are entitled to your incoreect opinion but have obviously turned into a shandy drinking southern poof (can one still say that)

I await a substantive reply containing reasoning for your  current southern girly status.
In fairness most of those beers are now dead or nothing like they're original status.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 06:49:21 PM »

Their, not they're....too much shandy.

Also, Timothy Taylor's is widely available in the south now, not sparklered and so much better for it. Often the head on beer is an excuse for a short measure, not many lined glasses about. 

Hamilton

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »

Theakstons Old Peculiar has always been one of my favourite beers, but it is either my imagination or not as good as it used to be!

Other than that, I totally agree with Taxi Phil - especially regarding the comely wench (no relation to Comely Excell!)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 06:58:31 PM »

A lot of those beers from years ago seemed marvallous against Watneys Red Barrel, Double Diamond and all the other keg crap about, now there are hundreds of different proper beers in lots of styles they seem rather pedestrian.

Hamilton

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »

A lot of those beers from years ago seemed marvallous against Watneys Red Barrel, Double Diamond and all the other keg crap about, now there are hundreds of different proper beers in lots of styles they seem rather pedestrian.

I always had a soft spot for Double Diamond!

Hamilton

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2012, 07:48:45 PM »

I'd love an away tie to Truro city in the cup.

Get some st. Austell ales and a bit of Cornish rattler down...

Can you still get Newquay Steam  Beer?

thegazelle

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 02:53:45 AM »

Bring back sparklers and stoppers campaign starts here. Am possibly around for the tuesday harrogate invasion. Black Sheep Frenzy anyone?

I will try out northern beer with no head but i dont think i'll like it

bumble

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »

Bring back sparklers and stoppers campaign starts here. Am possibly around for the tuesday harrogate invasion. Black Sheep Frenzy anyone?

I will try out northern beer with no head but i dont think i'll like it

Anybody else joining the first invasion of the season?

thegazelle

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2012, 12:02:12 PM »

train times back not good to non existant , its either a booze bus or an overnighter. and i cannt commit till i sort visa issues.

last minute planning a possibility

joe

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2012, 04:10:39 PM »

I'm in for Harrogate,transport permitting. Its my birthday too so may have a little tipple :-)

fuertes

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2012, 02:59:48 PM »

Almost upon us, ladies and gents. I know we've been to this city before, but for those unfamiliar or who haven't been in a while...

A good option is to walk towards the city from the train station, up Hythe Bridge Street, until you get to a bend in the road at the bottom of George Street. Start walking up George Street for a short while until you find Wetherspoons - ideal for a spot of brekky/brunch/lunch and a pint.

Then, cross the road from Wetherspoons, keep walking up George Street for a min or two until you reach the Odeon Cinema. Turn left there, walk straight for a little while along Gloucester Street then right into a tiny little walkway called Friar's Entry where you'll find this pub: http://www.maddingcrowd.co.uk/ It's a good sized venue with loads of beer. Well worth a visit.

When you come out of there, you can walk the rest of the way up Friar's Entry until you come out on Magdalen Street. The 14A bus goes from right there (Stop C4) to right next to Oxford City's ground. Dead handy.

Then you can do some of the zillions of other good pubs back in town after the game before getting the 8.36 back to Manchester or one of the many of trains back to the smog for London Alty.

...or, you know, just do your own thing and enjoy the day ;D I reckon that's a handy way to get things off to a good start, though!

We're going to win 1-2, by the way. Reeves brace.

mr f.trucker

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2012, 04:59:26 PM »

I hope to be on  gazelles Booze bus.

Altyant

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »

An hours walk from the train station apparently  :o

fuertes

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2012, 09:23:59 PM »

But you can pick up the bus at any point, including right next to the train station. Piece of piss.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Invasion game!!!