PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Invasion game!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Invasion game!!!  (Read 136386 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Invasion game!!!
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2012, 09:21:21 PM »

Strange how Oxford united are at home on the same day at the same time.

It's hardly Liverpool and Everton!
Liverpool and Everton ? It's hardly Stockport and fkn Macclesfield  ;)

Oxfordtillicry

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2012, 10:12:05 PM »

Hi, Oxford Utd fan here (though often go to watch very local side Oxford City). Re: pubs - avoid the chainy pubs in George St & head towards Broad St where you've got the excellent White Horse, Kings Arms & Turf Tavern. If you want a decent drink within walking distance of the ground head to the Victoria Arms in Old Marston (link below). Its a great pub right on the river Cherwell & you could wander up to the ground in 10-15 mins.

http://www.victoriaarms.co.uk/home.php

You'll be made very welcome at City & there'll be no repeat of the distasteful incidents that marred your previous visits to Oxford. I've heard a whisper that a rep from OUFC will be checking out Reeves but then I guess every club is looking at him at the moment.

All the best & enjoy your trip......

ForeverAlty

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2012, 10:34:10 PM »

Hi, Oxford Utd fan here (though often go to watch very local side Oxford City). Re: pubs - avoid the chainy pubs in George St & head towards Broad St where you've got the excellent White Horse, Kings Arms & Turf Tavern. If you want a decent drink within walking distance of the ground head to the Victoria Arms in Old Marston (link below). Its a great pub right on the river Cherwell & you could wander up to the ground in 10-15 mins.

You'll be made very welcome at City & there'll be no repeat of the distasteful incidents that marred your previous visits to Oxford. I've heard a whisper that a rep from OUFC will be checking out Reeves but then I guess every club is looking at him at the moment.

Thanks alot for the info, sure we are all gratefull.

But you don't want Reeves! He's sh*t, he plays like he has a twisted ankle most the time (never running and never alert) We best keep him here where he has a couple of friends that hand him the goals when he never actually deserves them. So go ahead and let the Oxford Utd scout know he doesn't have to waste his time on him!

Maybe look at Scott Spencer of Hyde or Leighton McGivern? Ofcourse you'll have to find him first!

fuertes

« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2012, 11:10:13 PM »

I'm sure we're all appreciative of the thought, but let's have it right, the Kings Arms and Turf Tavern are both chain pubs. And although the White Horse is worth a visit, it's bloody tiny. Two dozen people in there and there's not an inch to spare.

Far From The Madding Crowd is a better bet. Certainly pre-match, anyway.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2012, 11:19:05 PM »

the last time I saw Alty win a league match was Salisbury 1 Alty 3 - I watched the match with Pompey Alty who I met for the first time atthe game

Bath Alty

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »

Looking forward to my first game of the season with Dad - decent local game for us both as he is in High Wycombe.

Beaver

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2012, 10:55:52 AM »

The Mrs has decided to tell me now that her brother and his bird are coming round at 3 for a barbecue. Livid

He's a chef so he shouldn't have any bother firing it up on his own. We better win today, the fallout from this could drag on a bit.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2012, 11:03:57 AM »

I have a similar problem, my daughter is having her combined birthday and going away to Uni party later, not too sure effing off for the day would go down a bundle  :-[
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

fuertes

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2012, 11:11:15 AM »

Man-up, lads. What kind of invasion game sees people crying off for BBQs and birthday parties at the last minute?

thegazelle

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2012, 11:14:13 AM »

your her father SW she wont want you there , get her to say it and voila a free pass for the day

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »

If only, I was really looking forward to this one too. Why don't people have parties when we are away at Vauxhall Motors or somewhere?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

York Alty

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »

How many did we take in the end?

markecky

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »

How many did we take in the end?

Hard to say as we spread out the most ever all around the ground.  I reckon 80-90.

fuertes

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2012, 06:50:17 PM »

I'd have guessed around 100.

York Alty

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »

one third of the total of thereabouts.

Well done all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Invasion game!!!