PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves signs!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Reeves signs!!!!!!  (Read 14395 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Reeves signs!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2012, 11:38:38 PM »

Well, at least he should be a useful impact player to bring on from the subs bench for the last 15-20 minutes of those matches when Watmore is exhibiting signs of tiring.

Hats off to the Alty Board and manager for their diligence and Damian Reeves for his integrity.

The Gainsborough Trinity fans forum must be in utter meltdown by now.

Great to have him back at Moss Lane for the impending campaign.

Now, if we could just tempt Twiss out of retirement to play alongside Reeves, the promotion jigsaw would be almost complete.....

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:46:34 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2012, 12:52:33 AM »

Just logged in from the USA, fantastic News. Welcome home Damian, I'll get that DVD ready for you now!

Bazbatteria

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2012, 09:11:07 AM »

Best Alty news in modern times

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2012, 09:49:17 AM »

Totally ecstatic at the news  ;D ;D ;D ;D He's a top guy and really I don't know why we are so surprised as we did know how genuine he is. If he plays as well again this season, then we must accept that he may get a FL gig one day, maybe in January? who knows.

Does this mean Mr McGivern,... who appears to have gone AWOL,... may not return?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2012, 10:51:31 AM »

well blow me down with a feather ;D fantastic news,now lets start to get on the right track back upto the National and from there who knows?
Harold

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2012, 10:59:52 AM »

Yes fantastic news. Imagine it another way, that someone who had scored 44 league goals for another BSN team had signed for us, we'd never sign them.

So well done to all concerned, particularly Damien Reeves for actually making a great decision and being the first footaller in history almost to do so.

He's especially good in that his goals come about whether we are playing well or not.

bumble

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »

Gainsbourgh fans have a 9 post thread on the subject

Including a comment from Mr Chairman

Pleased he made a decision, things were dragging on for him and to be honest knew it would be difficult to pull him away from Alty. However a talented and down to earth lad who deserved a bit of interest from clubs with ambition.
We are going forward as a club and to not be involved in trying to bring lads like Damien to the club would be a travesty. Not many other clubs had put deals on the table so we did what we could. However his loyalty to Alty should be praised and I wish him all the best for the future, although not in the games against us!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »

There are a couple of Gillingham fans slagging him off on their forum about his attitude. So lets hope we draw Gillingham in the 1st Round and Damian bags a hat-trick against them to show them what they have missed out on.
They really should be beating teams like us

fuertes

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2012, 11:28:20 AM »

In fairness, that's a gracious enough message from the Gainsborough chairman. At least he's not thoroughly unpleasant. Just misguided.

Malty G

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2012, 12:39:14 PM »

Fantastic news, hopefully it will give the rest of the squad a boost too.

Who would have guessed that goal-machines are ten-a-penny in the Football League. ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2012, 02:52:15 PM »

Fantastic news, hopefully it will give the rest of the squad a boost too.

Who would have guessed that goal-machines are ten-a-penny in the Football League. ;D

Indeed, Martin Allen was sure he'd score goals in league two but wanted him to go away for two weeks?

If we got a offered a striker who we knew would score goals at the level we're playing at I'm not sure I'd let him leave the building never mind ask him to go away for two weeks.

Bizarre.

Eatmygoal

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2012, 03:19:18 PM »

This is BRILLIANT!! I can once again tell my friends that Altrincham have signed the top scorer in English football.
Well done Reeves, you are fast becoming a true Alty legend, and I hope you do get the chance to play regular league football soon (but not too soon. Get Alty into the automatic promotion place first).

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2012, 03:24:32 PM »

Unbelievable news. Was away in Tipperary for the weekend and have only just read the news now. Never thought I'd see that happen as I was sure some League club would come in for him.....their loss is certainly our gain and if he continues where he left of, it surely won't be too long before he realises his ambition of league football, but in the meantime welcome back Reevesy.

COME ON ALTY
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2012, 03:35:12 PM »

I can once again tell my friends that Altrincham have signed the top scorer in English football.

Annoyingly, he was actually just pipped to that accolade by Wealdstone's Richard Jolly, who scored 48 goals:

http://www.wfcsc.co.uk/index.php/news/198-nga-awards-success-for-stones

There's always next season though!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2012, 04:12:47 PM »

I can once again tell my friends that Altrincham have signed the top scorer in English football.
Annoyingly, he was actually just pipped to that accolade by Wealdstone's Richard Jolly, who scored 48 goals: http://www.wfcsc.co.uk/index.php/news/198-nga-awards-success-for-stones There's always next season though!

He's retired now .. so he doesn't count!  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves signs!!!!!!