PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Authorities have a real downer on football
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Authorities have a real downer on football  (Read 9186 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 02, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »

2 months in prison FFS? They wouldn't jail a shoplifter or a smack ridden burglar/car radio thief for 2 months for crying outloud... For those with smoke bombs, I'd think long and hard about bringing them to Alty games again after this precedent has been set, the six year banning order is also excessive.Football seems to have a different set of laws to main stream society. Typical OTT headline by the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-19097683
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:05:40 PM by Socrates »

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Authorities have a real downer on football
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »

Break the rules pay the price no excuse really why take a grenade to a match?????
@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »

The use of the word grenade is dubious for starters.I understand the implications of rule breaking, but this is a practise that takes place at FIFA and UEFA endorsed first class stadia across the world. It's the two months in prison and 6 year banning order that are ridiculous.He should have been dealt with, but do we really need a much needed and expensive to maintain prison place occupied by someone who brought somthing from a joke shop?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 05:17:07 PM »

Working the Olympic matces at Old Trafford the amount of people that are amazed its
an arrestable offence to drink in view of the pitch..........I know what your saying
@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 05:26:41 PM »

This is another beef of mine, how come people can drink to excess at soccer aid in their seats at old Trafford , yet can't at some daft Olympic women's game? It's very strange how these decisions are made.Surely it's got to be all or nothing.If people attended soccer aid them returned to watch the Doris's a month later it's not a surprise they are confused!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »

This is another beef of mine, how come people can drink to excess at soccer aid in their seats at old Trafford , yet can't at some daft Olympic women's game? It's very strange how these decisions are made.Surely it's got to be all or nothing.If people attended soccer aid them returned to watch the Doris's a month later it's not a surprise they are confused!

Soccer aid was not a match sanctioned by Fifa or the Fa so rules don't apply
@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 05:45:19 PM »

Is Olympic football sanctioned by FIFA?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 05:50:08 PM »

Is Olympic football sanctioned by FIFA?

Yes when you watch the games at Old Trafford look to where the players are sitting and you will see the FIFA logo sign
on the right and its been put there for the Olympics. All signs at Old Trafford have been covered up with the London 2012 logo
even the Nike tick in the East stand has been painted out.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:52:37 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »

As an aside Pete, are mens Olympic Football matches "daft" as well?

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 06:13:24 PM »

A football World Cup in England would be far bigger than some toffs rowing a boat down in Eton/some birds rolling around London Docklands on a mat/some horse dressed up with eye liner....this bloke's head is so big I can't comment on it.....

The Beautiful Game is football, the World Cup semi-final in 1990 beats anything on show at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:18:26 PM by Knutsford Alty »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 07:03:41 PM »

Yes of course they are, olympic football is totally pointless.It would hold more sway if it was made up of teams of semi pro players.Plus there is no Great British football association, it's bad enough having welsh clubs taking places in our football league and our cup competitions.

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 07:27:14 PM »

mens footy has no place at the limpids.  the limpids are basically a catch-all bucket for activities that don't have any other coverage or meaningful world championships.

footy, tennis,cycling, boxing - all can be stripped out of the bloated limpids.

i saw on the bbc that the games have been going on for 6 days now, how come it feels more like 36? :'(

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 07:41:19 PM »

Working the Olympic matces at Old Trafford the amount of people that are amazed its
an arrestable offence to drink in view of the pitch..........I know what your saying
This is undoubtedly designed to ensure that the poor spectators drink plenty of Coca Cola to wash down their McDonalds crapburgers.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 07:41:56 PM »

You aren't half a miserable lot. Who cares about all this crap, it's just fun, people are enjoying it. I like Olympic football, personally.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »

You aren't half a miserable lot. Who cares about all this crap, it's just fun, people are enjoying it. I like Olympic football, personally.
The Olympics were great when I was younger. Now they're just another overblown corporate money making exercise.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team