PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Starting X1 for Brackley?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Starting X1 for Brackley?  (Read 10656 times)

Ash 48

Re: Starting X1 for Brackley?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 12:50:07 PM »

5 pre season games is enough to prove yourself?  You must know alot about fitness, the manager is sticking with them and hes happy how about we do the same.
Anyone got anything positive to say coming off the end of a solid pre season  ???

bumble

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »

5 pre season games is enough to prove yourself?  You must know alot about fitness, the manager is sticking with them and hes happy how about we do the same.
Anyone got anything positive to say coming off the end of a solid pre season  ???

But Mitchley does look poor... That doesn't mean he'll be poor and I believe it's a confidence issue which will be built with confidence

Brooke looks to be better and will probably get more game time that Mitchley

Ash 48

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 02:11:49 PM »

5 pre season games is enough to prove yourself?  You must know alot about fitness, the manager is sticking with them and hes happy how about we do the same.
Anyone got anything positive to say coming off the end of a solid pre season  ???

But Mitchley does look poor... That doesn't mean he'll be poor and I believe it's a confidence issue which will be built with confidence

Brooke looks to be better and will probably get more game time that Mitchley

Fair point stoke it is confidence for both i also think its fitness given i was informed he hadnt played 90 minutes in about 6 months through injury

Ive managed to catch all are pre season games so far and from what ive seen the better footballer goes to Mitchley comes back when needed looks to bring others into play and gives people options, that isnt saying Brooke hasnt got it i rate both really in what they offer to the game.
I just think we would be daft to right anyone off who was rated highly enough to play in the championship b4 a broken foot especially after 5 pre season games dont you ?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 02:17:02 PM by Ash 48 »

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »

I've said many times on here that being a striker is all about confidence. Mitchley had his best game so far yesterday. I'm not totally convinced, but his running off the ball and positional awareness are good. Hit the net a couple of times, and we may yet see a decent player.

RocketDan

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 11:20:35 AM »

4-4-2

GK  Coburn

RB  Densmore
CB  Hall
CB  Havern
LB  Doughty

RM  Lawrie
CM  Rogers
CM Phelan
LM  Clee

CF  Reeves
CF  Watmore

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 08:06:45 AM »

I've got no idea what system or what players will be deployed. More worrying is the fact that i dont think LS knows either.
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 08:35:10 AM »

Well damian cant be employed as a lone striker,hes not fit enough yet. Nicky Clee shouldnt be at left back (even in a 4-4-2), Shaun densmore should be playing right back, not in mdifield.

.....................Coburn..................
Densmore...Hall....Havern.....Doughty
....................Rodgers......................
Lawrie...........Phelan...........Clee
 .........<......Watmore....>...........
......................Reeves...................

whopper

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 08:45:46 AM »

playing players in the wrong position, sounds like we need a season to let our manager get used to the club..... oh hang on

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 08:51:59 AM »

To play devils advocate, a squad of only 18 players means lads will probably have to fill in elsewhere this term due to injury/suspension.I would however have played our strongest possible side,or as close to what he wants against brackley as possible last night in their strongest positions.

markecky

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »

playing players in the wrong position, sounds like we need a season to let our manager get used to the club..... oh hang on

The wrong position in your opinion.  What about the argument that Nicky Clee is currently the best left back at the club?  Work to do for Doughty yet in my opinion.

He still got forward in the first half to get three decent crosses in.

Certainly away from home there are some very good arguments for him playing there.

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 09:22:33 AM »

The wrong position in your opinion.  What about the argument that Nicky Clee is currently the best left back at the club?  Work to do for Doughty yet in my opinion.

He still got forward in the first half to get three decent crosses in.

Certainly away from home there are some very good arguments for him playing there.
Doughty still undoubtedly has to get fully up to speed, but I still feel Nicky is wasted at full back - although I think he's less than fully fit (see my comment last night re long throws !).

I would nevertheless agree with Socrates on 10 positions, but I'd play Lacey instead of Rodgers, who also strikes me as less than 100% fit, and who was absolutely dire last night.

Having watched Scott Leather, I think it's possible that he could also fill our problem left back spot - he seems perfectly able to operate on either side of the pitch.

jacksparrow

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »

sorry Phil , at full back Scott Leather worries me , he gave the ball away time after time and even set up the sub striker of FC with a lovely nodded pass . sub CB FOR ME

jacksparrow

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »

Also the reason LB has become a problem is the managers fault, he signed Grimshaw , who he doesnt trust and Doughty, who isnt fit, neither is Clee , he should have played  Grimshaw at LB in Pre season more and brought Buzz in slowley to take over for the start of the season. Buzz is still not fully fit because of trying to impress LS early doors so Clee seems the prefered LB which does seem a waste of attacking flair     

bumble

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 10:26:54 AM »

Coburn

Densmore Hall Havern Grimshaw

Lawrie Lacey Rodgers Clee

Reeves Watmore

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 11:28:49 AM »