Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Will we have to suffer mile long segregation again tonight?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Will we have to suffer mile long segregation again tonight?  (Read 5217 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Will we have to suffer mile long segregation again tonight?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 09:26:44 AM »

Im not overly interested if this casts us in a bad light with 18 weirdos in knitted hats from God knows where, because "its not the done thing" in this league.I like others have spent years paying over the odds to stand in poor away ends, thats what happens in football.We can accomodate over 1,400 spectators on the chequers end, and only once (wrexham) in the past two decades has their ever really been a need to give any set of supporters a section of the popular side.If its an unsegregated game, great, let people walk around, and mingle etc.But if its deemed that it should be segragted,the setrile area should be where it is, infront of the acces gate that sits between the pop side and the away end.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »

Couldn’t agree more, part of the Moss Lane experience over the years is changing ends and going and standing next to the chequers end where the banter and atmosphere between the supporters used to be top notch. It’s got a little heated at times with the likes of Barrow, Macc, Southport etc... but i can’t recall a time when anything has kicked off in that corner. If the stewards want a bit of a sterile area move the away fans further along the away terrace, don’t move our loyal supporters half way down the pitch!! 

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »

The Chequers end is a the away end, if away fans want cover, they should pay to sit down.Displacing such a huge percentage of regular attendees is not good.

I have emailed the club on numerous occassions on this topic. Mainly without response. however Graham Rowley did inform me towards the end of last season that the chief stewards decides on segregation, having said that, when I queried the segregation with a steward at the Wrexham friendly last week I was informed by a steward that it is the club who decides and not the stewards. This issue really does need to be sorted once and for all. It is a ridiculous situation as it is where you find over two thirds of one side of a ground is out of bounds for home supporters.  I can see that it will start to affect attendances the way it is.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 01:46:21 PM »

Couldn’t agree more, part of the Moss Lane experience over the years is changing ends and going and standing next to the chequers end where the banter and atmosphere between the supporters used to be top notch. It’s got a little heated at times with the likes of Barrow, Macc, Southport etc... but i can’t recall a time when anything has kicked off in that corner. If the stewards want a bit of a sterile area move the away fans further along the away terrace, don’t move our loyal supporters half way down the pitch!! 
It kicked it off in that corner when the World's ****est boy band from York decided to cause mischief
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Will we have to suffer mile long segregation again tonight?